• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam Leong's band of brothers - cyclists

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists, like bullies, crowd together to intimidate other road users. And when push comes to shove,
these bullies turn into eunuchs. Saw the guy in blue T-shirt with a Chinese character? He was trying to
hide himself when challenged by the PHD driver.
That is because they are eunuchs..if not..how to save a few grams to speed things up?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cyclists, like bullies, crowd together to intimidate other road users. And when push comes to shove,
these bullies turn into eunuchs. Saw the guy in blue T-shirt with a Chinese character? He was trying to
hide himself when challenged by the PHD driver.
How do you know the driver has a pHD?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you know the driver has a pHD?
Be it wat education the driver has. The fact is the cyclists are nothing but a bunch of selfish inconsiderate assholes who are balls less and run away when confronted..oh wait...they are eunuchs like u and it's no surprise.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Should PMD riders, cyclists dismount at zebra crossings?​

Feb 10, 2022

I refer to the report of a car driver who got into an argument with a personal mobility device (PMD) user (Benz driver arrested after gate knocked down during dispute, Feb 4).
The PMD rider reportedly said that he had priority at a zebra crossing.
Should PMD riders or cyclists who want to use a zebra crossing or traffic light junction, dismount and walk across as pedestrians do?
When I am driving, I follow the traffic rules and slow down when approaching a zebra crossing.
In many instances, this has prevented accidents from happening as PMD riders or cyclists would appear suddenly, moving at high speed.
They typically don't even stop to check if there's traffic before crossing, although they are required to stop and look for oncoming traffic before using the crossing.
At such speed, drivers may not be able to see them approaching.

I have seen signs put up at the entrances of construction sites, requesting that cyclists dismount while crossing. This is a safe and good practice to prevent accidents.

Kor Choy Yim

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Forum: Should PMD riders, cyclists dismount at zebra crossings?​

Feb 10, 2022

I refer to the report of a car driver who got into an argument with a personal mobility device (PMD) user (Benz driver arrested after gate knocked down during dispute, Feb 4).
The PMD rider reportedly said that he had priority at a zebra crossing.
Should PMD riders or cyclists who want to use a zebra crossing or traffic light junction, dismount and walk across as pedestrians do?
When I am driving, I follow the traffic rules and slow down when approaching a zebra crossing.
In many instances, this has prevented accidents from happening as PMD riders or cyclists would appear suddenly, moving at high speed.
They typically don't even stop to check if there's traffic before crossing, although they are required to stop and look for oncoming traffic before using the crossing.
At such speed, drivers may not be able to see them approaching.

I have seen signs put up at the entrances of construction sites, requesting that cyclists dismount while crossing. This is a safe and good practice to prevent accidents.

Kor Choy Yim
Correct. Riders should dismount at zebra crossings. This is a growing threat.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Correct. Riders should dismount at zebra crossings. This is a growing threat.

It is absolutely unnecessary for cyclists dismount as they are not posing any danger to motorists whatsoever.

What needs to be changed is the rules for motorists at pedestrian crossings. They should come to a complete stop at all pedestrian crossings and then proceed only if the coast is clear.

This change will prevent these sorts of accidents from occurring :

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s been 5.5 months since I left and the malicious dogs cottonmouth aka glockman aka Jeremy Quek as per hint by jw5 (and sweetiepie etc) are allowed by Leongsam to smear and insult me slut whore mistress with no consequence. I have to inform Leongsam to delete the posts and sometimes to no avail and i am sick of it. So Leongsam did not follow his deal to get his moderators to remove posts speaking ill of me so here I am carrying out my vow to spam the forum if cottonmouth is allowed to spam in my threads without consequence - which cottonmouth obviously did and was allowed - and he has been allowed in this 5.5 months no need follow his agreement to stop insulting me and continued to smear and insult me whore just yesterday and insulted me have std one day before that and everyday with no consequence.

Another thing to highlight is I realised after I left forum that @strawberry = @kaninabuchaojibye and I already know @nightsafari = @kaninabuchaojibye i.e despicable nightsafari is the strawberry that started the thread Who is Ginfreely sugar daddy and then keep upping it on the pretext of asking about strawberry. No wonder so pretentious always pretending to like my Hokkien threads while stabbing me non stop.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
“CYCLING IN EXPRESSWAY IS NOT ALLOWED YET CYCLIST STILL DO IT WHY? ARE THEY DOING IT EVEN THEY KNOW IT’S AGAINST THE LAW?” ASKED A FACEBOOK USER. “SO IT’S TIME TO INCREASE THE COMPOUND OF FINES FOR SUCH CYCLISTS. HEAVILY FINES AND POUND THEIR CYCLES TOO.”

https://theindependent.sg/cyclists-...essways-but-why-do-they-still-do-it-netizens/

Cyclists are not allowed on expressways but why do they still do it? – Netizens ask​

Photo: FB screengrab/ROADS.sg

The video showed a cyclist wearing a helmet and earphones while riding along PIE.

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...essways-but-why-do-they-still-do-it-netizens/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...-they-still-do-it-netizens/&via=Independentsg
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...s+but+why+do+they+still+do+it?+–+Netizens+ask
https://telegram.me/share/url?url=h...s+but+why+do+they+still+do+it?+–+Netizens+ask
https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...s+but+why+do+they+still+do+it?+–+Netizens+ask
February 20, 2022
By Hana O

- Advertisement -

Singapore – A cyclist wearing earphones was recently spotted on the Pan Island Expressway (PIE), sparking a call from the online community for the Land Transport Authority to consider higher fines or confiscation.
“Lone cyclist riding with headphones on PIE shoulder on Feb 18 at 2:26 pm just before Eng Neo exit,” wrote Facebook page ROADS.sg, sharing a video of the incident.
The video showed a cyclist wearing a helmet and earphones while riding along PIE.
Screen-Shot-2022-02-19-at-4.14.35-PM.jpg
- Advertisement 1-

Screen-Shot-2022-02-19-at-4.14.17-PM.jpg
With over 100 comments to date, members from the online community wondered why cyclists would still risk riding on expressways and highways when they should know this was prohibited.
“CYCLING IN EXPRESSWAY IS NOT ALLOWED YET CYCLIST STILL DO IT WHY? ARE THEY DOING IT EVEN THEY KNOW IT’S AGAINST THE LAW?” ASKED A FACEBOOK USER. “SO IT’S TIME TO INCREASE THE COMPOUND OF FINES FOR SUCH CYCLISTS. HEAVILY FINES AND POUND THEIR CYCLES TOO.”
A concerned citizen said the punishment should be the same across all road users. “Should be similar to using handphone while driving (Traffic Police will confiscate the phone). Caught riding on the expressway, confiscate the bicycle as well.”
Others highlighted the possibility that cyclists don’t take the rules more seriously because they can’t be caught.
“In his mind. Haha, so what? I don’t have a number plate on my bicycle; you cannot catch me. You don’t know who I am. That is a lot of cyclist mindsets. I can do wrong cos nobody knows who I am,” said a netizen.
It is illegal to cycle on expressways or any slip road or interchange between and leading into or out of any two or more expressways.
- Advertisement 2-
“Do not cycle on the expressways … Never assume you have the right of way and always remain alert and vigilant while cycling on the roads. Keep a lookout for other bigger and faster road users,” said the police in a report by mothership.sg.
Cyclists violating the law could get fined up to S$2,000 for riding on expressways or be sentenced up to six months’ jail time./TISG

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taxi crashes into cyclist while making discretionary left turn, ComfortDelGro 'looking into it urgently'​

The bicycle flipped 180 degrees.
Lean Jinghui |
clock.png
March 09, 2022, 08:37 PM

collage-10-1.jpg

A dashboard video camera recently caught a blue ComfortDelGro taxi crashing into a cyclist at Pasir Ris Drive 1.

According to a Facebook post by SG Road Vigilante, the cyclist was conscious and bleeding from the forehead when conveyed to the hospital.

Driver crashes into cyclist at discretionary left turn​

In response to Mothership's queries, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) confirmed that they had been alerted to the road traffic incident along Pasir Ris Drive 1, on Mar. 7, at about 10:25pm.
One person was subsequently conveyed to Changi General Hospital.
According to the video, the traffic lights had been green for both the driver of the ComfortDelGro taxi and the cyclist when the incident happened.
The collision happened as the driver was making a discretionary left turn, and the cyclist was cycling across the road.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

The impact of the collision caused the bicycle to flip 180 degrees.
The cyclist was knocked onto the road.
In the video, a passer-by can be seen standing up abruptly after noticing the collision, before moving forward to check on the situation.
According to the Road Traffic (Pedestrian Crossings) Rules, drivers of vehicles must stop at junctions and intersections, to give way to "any pedestrian, cyclist, mobility vehicle user or PMD rider" who is crossing or starting to cross.

Reactions to the incident​

Some commenters pointed out that the driver should just have slowed down and given way to the cyclist at the traffic junction.

Screenshot-2022-03-09-at-6.08.23-PM-e1646822340332.png
Via SG Road Vigilante Facebook

Another also criticised drivers who think they are the "king of the road", calling for caution as lives are in their hands:

Screenshot-2022-03-09-at-5.57.44-PM-e1646822370971.png

Others also raised a number of precautionary measures the cyclist could have taken.
For one, they noted that the cyclist was not using a front light and was not wearing bright coloured clothing, which might have made it hard for the driver to spot him.

Screenshot-2022-03-09-at-5.58.01-PM-e1646820804487.png

Another also pointed out that the cyclist should have dismounted at the crossing, and kept a lookout for oncoming cars before crossing.

Screenshot-2022-03-09-at-5.57.38-PM.png

ComfortDelGro looking into incident urgently​

In response to queries from Mothership, Tammy Tan, Group Chief Branding and Communications Officer of ComfortDelGro, confirmed that they have been alerted to the accident and are "looking into it urgently".
According to Tan, the cabby's relief driving arrangement has since been terminated for unsafe driving.
You can find the full statement here:

"We have been alerted to this accident and are looking into it urgently. This is most unacceptable and we will terminate the relief driving arrangement with the cabby for unsafe driving. We are meanwhile trying to get in touch with the cyclist to render assistance where needed."

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ROADS.sg

g7ih77hncsmt3lruc47 ·

Honey SooSG PCN Cyclist

g8ih77hncsmt3lruc47 ·
APPEAL FOR EYE WITNESS AND IDENTIFICATION OF ASSAILANT
On 26.03.2022 at around 9am, I was walking with my husband along the footpath adjacent to Sengkang East Way (beside Sengkang Hospital), towards Sengkang East Road. As I am hearing impaired, I did not realise that a cyclist from behind was ringing his bell non-stop until my husband gestured at me to move to the left.
After that, a female cyclist rode past me on the right, followed by a male cyclist on a bright orange Trek Marlin mountain bike. The male cyclist stared at us in an unfriendly manner and muttered what sounded like a vulgarity. He kept turning his head back to stare at us as he continued riding forward towards Sengkang East Road before stopping at the traffic junction of Sengkang East Way with Sengkang East Road.
We continued walking in the same direction and soon caught up with him at the same junction. We stood a distance away behind him while waiting for the traffic light as he continued to stare aggressively at us. However, he then shouted, “Don’t know how to give way is it?” at us.
We told him that we have already given way once we realised that someone was ringing a bell at us from behind. I also explained to him that I have a hearing impairment and therefore did not hear his bell ringing until my husband told me about it. However, the man continued his verbal abuse so I took out my mobile phone to record him.
Suddenly, he raised his hand and slapped me on my cheek, which became red as shown in one of the pictures. This was witnessed by the people at the traffic island as well as people who were making their way across the junction towards our side.
I asked him why he hit a woman in broad daylight and told him not to leave as I’ll be calling the police. He then tried to escape by cycling across the junction even though the lights were not in his favour. Thankfully, a middle-aged Indian couple with a young daughter and a young Malay man who had seen what happened, tried to prevent him from leaving while my husband who also stood in front of his bicycle in case even though my husband is nursing an injury.
However, the cyclist suddenly rode his bicycle straight into my husband before trying again to escape. The Indian couple held him back while we tried calling the police. He then sneered at us, saying that “call police also no use as the police can’t do anything to him”.
When the lights turned in his favour, the man broke free and sped off across the junction before turning left in the direction towards Punggol so my husband and I gave chase.
We also tried enlisting the help of bystanders to stop him and a Chinese man who was jogging tried to chase him down, but we lost sight of them around Block 261. We lodged a police report immediately in person at Sengkang NPC although the police were not able to track him down.
If you know anyone who had witnessed the incident or know this person, we would appreciate if you can please contact Sengkang NPC at 1800 - 343 8999.
The assailant is a Malay man in his late 30s/early 40s, around 170+ cm tall with a tanned complexion. He was wearing a black long-sleeved “Camel Smokercross” cycling jersey, orange sports sunglasses and a white “British Cycling” balaclava. He is likely a resident of Sengkang/Punggol.
Thank you for your help and we appreciate.
Admin has given approval for this post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SGPCN/posts/2344853385668243/

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Reckless cyclist suddenly swerves right along Telok Paku Rd and beats red light, netizens say drivers are given the blame should an accident occur​

“This is the worst of all cyclists. If anyone were to side him is as bad as pushing him to death.” — Netizen

March 29, 2022
By Hana O

A recent video captured on a dashboard camera got netizens talking about road safety and how drivers are given the blame should an accident occur between them and an errant cyclist.
Facebook page ROADS.sg posted a video on Sunday (Mar 27) of a cyclist suddenly swerving into the lane of an incoming vehicle for no apparent reason before beating the red light up ahead.
The video showed the cyclist riding alongside a couple of others before suddenly changing lanes as the cam car got nearer.
Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-9.40.34.jpg
The cyclist quickly went back to his lane, lifted his hand in an apologetic gesture towards the camcar before proceeding to make a right turn at the junction despite the red traffic lights.
Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-9.43.24-scaled.jpg
Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-9.43.33-scaled.jpg
The community page noted that the incident happened along Telok Paku Road, turning onto Changi Village Road on Mar 26.
“Please don’t be like him. Ride safe, guys!” ROADS.sg added.
The post got over 550 comments, with netizens criticising the cyclist’s actions.
“This is the worst of all cyclists. If anyone were to side him is as bad as pushing him to death,” commented Facebook user Heng Kai Meng.
“NO MATTER YOU ARE A DRIVER, PEDESTRIAN, CYCLIST OR ANY FORM OR RIDER, ALL HAVE TO OBEY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AND SAFETY WHILE USING THE ROAD. CHANGING LANES RECKLESSLY IS NOT ALLOWED FOR ALL KINDS OF TRANSPORTATION. BEATING RED LIGHT IS A BIG NO.”
Many also noted that during instances such as this, it would always be the driver’s fault if an accident occurred.
“When accidents happen, it’s always the driver’s fault until the details are out. I like cyclists; however, please be respectful and responsible to all road users,” said Facebook user Denny Chong.
Meanwhile, others noted that authorities should begin imposing licence plate registration on cyclists.
“Since authorities turn a blind eye to the need for bicycles to be registered with license plates, these daily occurrences will continue, and innocent drivers will be penalised if the cyclist is run over,” said Facebook user Mark Ds.
Netizen Alvin Chew also noted that such behaviour among cyclists was common at Changi Village. “Always putting the motorist at risk. When an accident happens, it’s the motorist’s fault again. Hope can remove the rules on allow them to cycle on the road,” he suggested.