• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Salem's witch trials

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is another episode from the past where people cannot exercise their logic, let their christian pastor took lead in the witch hunts and hung well over 160+ innocent people to death.

this serve a warning to all religious believers regardless whether you are christians, muslim, etc... DONT let your religious leaders dictate you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials

[video=youtube;KqjX-9UNB7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqjX-9UNB7s[/video]

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i agree with you FB. There is no place for fundamentalism and/or violence anywhere.

this is another episode from the past where people cannot exercise their logic, let their christian pastor took lead in the witch hunts and hung well over 160+ innocent people to death.

this serve a warning to all religious believers regardless whether you are christians, muslim, etc... DONT let your religious leaders dictate you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials

[video=youtube;KqjX-9UNB7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqjX-9UNB7s[/video]

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with you FB. There is no place for fundamentalism and/or violence anywhere.

bottomline; if someone has control over your belief, he/she can wield your will to their advantages. your level of reasoning will be dumb down and you have little or no resistance to the control.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thats for sure, and it does not only apply to religion. Unfortunately this happens mostly in religions. Again i would offer that it is not the religion that is bad, but the charismatic, influential leaders who use the religion and take its teachings out of context who cause the most trouble.
They make religions look real bad.

bottomline; if someone has control over your belief, he/she can wield your will to their advantages. your level of reasoning will be dumb down and you have little or no resistance to the control.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats for sure, and it does not only apply to religion. Unfortunately this happens mostly in religions. Again i would offer that it is not the religion that is bad, but the charismatic, influential leaders who use the religion and take its teachings out of context who cause the most trouble.
They make religions look real bad.

you are correct. that goes for political ideology like nazism, communism as well. I do say there are genuine churches and believers who had made positive impact on the societies we live in, and churches do give an alternate haven for people from broken families to find temporal refuge in. Perhaps i would like to give those better educated member in church congregation; dont be selfish and stick within your own group of equiv or higher social status, venture down and reach out to those that are of lower social status.

kind of remind me of my previous SG's church, the members that are of doctors, directors, managers position will congregate among themselves, and those that are of taxi-drivers, and of lower education will segregate into another groups.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi FB, the church comprises humans and we all know that humans are proned to doing things which are not very correct or nice.

So even in a church setting you have some people who form cliques even though we are supposed to be a big family. And as you rightly pointed out , these cliques tend to be based on a certain social standing.

Doctors, lawyers, and others of high standing may join hands with clerks,postmen etc etc to do a certain project for the church or community, but once these are over they tend to go back to their own groups again.
Not very nice but thats a fact of life. Christians are humans and humans sin, so of course christians do sin.

Yet again many do give up careers, comfort, safety and security to go out to preach, teach, evangelise and help the less fortunate, so its a mix really.

you are correct. that goes for political ideology like nazism, communism as well. I do say there are genuine churches and believers who had made positive impact on the societies we live in, and churches do give an alternate haven for people from broken families to find temporal refuge in. Perhaps i would like to give those better educated member in church congregation; dont be selfish and stick within your own group of equiv or higher social status, venture down and reach out to those that are of lower social status.

kind of remind me of my previous SG's church, the members that are of doctors, directors, managers position will congregate among themselves, and those that are of taxi-drivers, and of lower education will segregate into another groups.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

Doctors, lawyers, and others of high standing may join hands with clerks,postmen etc etc to do a certain project for the church or community, but once these are over they tend to go back to their own groups again.

Yet again many do give up careers, comfort, safety and security to go out to preach, teach, evangelise and help the less fortunate, so its a mix really.

sad to say, many high caliber people that i had met before in the church don't exercise much discernment and are pretty ignorant of things that are beyond church and their professions. they dont read pervasively and the type of media that you read are confined pretty much around what matters to them. So on ignorant grounds, they venture out spreading their ignorance to others.

out of 400+ members in my ex-church, i can count the number of members that are keen on science with just one hand.

shall i tell them that they are ignorant and shake them out of their sense? or do i let them wallow in their ignorance and superstitions?

can you imagine this;

one fine day, i was walking along the street happily when a man just out to speak to me, and tell me that I am sick and I need their snake oil to heal and failure to take his snake oil, I will get sicker and die.

Common sense will tell I that i will ask what give him the idea that im sick. is he a doctor? a psychologist? nope, he said he is a sharman. should i exercise my logic here?

and this shaman say my sickness cannot be detected by modern medical equipments and all the trained doctors will not be able to diagnose it. What is this shaman's qualification? oh, he studied under an ancient medieval healing system where unicorn and fairies are real.

He also said that he has a dungeon built in his basement with all sort of torture equipment and he will drag me into that dungeon for ignoring him but i dont have to go there at all, he has sent his beloved son to that dungeon to get tortured by him for my sake.

howabout that?

Last edited: