• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF suspends smoke grenade training

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]SAF suspends smoke grenade training[/h]
ynewslogo-071424_075919.png
<CITE class="byline vcard">By Gail Chai

By Gail Chai | Yahoo! Newsroom – <ABBR title=2012-09-20T09:51:19Z>Thu, Sep 20, 2012</ABBR></CITE>

• Email
  • <fb:like id=yui_3_5_1_1_1348308401892_442 class="fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" href="http://sg.news.yahoo.com/saf-suspends-smoke-grenade-training-.html" layout="button_count" action="recommend" font="arial" colorscheme="light" show_faces="false" fb-xfbml-state="rendered" width="89" no_resize="false"><IFRAME style="WIDTH: 119px; HEIGHT: 20px" id=f6f3ad5c2c7d3c class=fb_ltr title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=recommend&api_key=194699337231859&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D11%23cb%3Df227a85b6a5900c%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fsg.news.yahoo.com%252Ffd60f0e49bcc4f%26domain%3Dsg.news.yahoo.com%26relation%3Dparent.parent&colorscheme=light&extended_social_context=false&font=arial&href=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fsaf-suspends-smoke-grenade-training-.html&layout=button_count&locale=en_US&no_resize=false&node_type=link&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=130" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency name=f3760306b93cc84 scrolling=no></IFRAME></fb:like>
  • <IFRAME style="WIDTH: 110px; HEIGHT: 20px" id=yui_3_5_1_1_1348308401892_539 class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter For Websites: Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html#_=1348308405259&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fsaf-suspends-smoke-grenade-training-.html&id=twitter_tweet_button_0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fsaf-suspends-smoke-grenade-training-.html&text=SAF%20suspends%20smoke%20grenade%20training%20-%20Yahoo!%20News%20Singapore&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fsaf-suspends-smoke-grenade-training-.html&via=yahoosg" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>
  • Print

• The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) has suspended training with smoke grenades. (AFP photo)

<!-- START article --><!-- yog-5u -->
The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) has suspended training with smoke grenades, pending completion of the Committee Of Inquiry into a full-time national serviceman’s death in April this year.

In its latest statement obtained by Yahoo! Singapore on Thursday, Colonel Kenneth Liow, Director of Public Affairs at MINDEF said the COI convened by the Armed Forces Council to investigate the death has started its proceedings and is expected to complete its findings and recommendations.

21-year-old Private Dominique Sarron Lee Rui Feng, died on 17 April, following breathing difficulties while taking part in a platoon exercise.

MINDEF said at the time he was undergoing training that involved smoke grenades at Murai Urban Training Facility at Lim Chu Kang when he lost consciousness shortly after noon. He was sent to Sungei Gedong Medical centre and transferred to National University Hospital where he died after.

The police are also conducting their separate investigations and will submit their report on the case to the State Coroner. A Coroner’s inquiry, which is held in an open court, may also be conducted.

At the same time, the mother of the deceased NSF, Madam Felicia Seah, has written an open letter on Facebook calling for “all parents of Singaporean sons” to stand together and ask the SAF for greater accountability into death and accidents in the SAF.

“It is clear to my family and me that my son's death was preventable. He was asthmatic. The incident that cost him his life was an urban training exercise involving smoke bombs in a confined area," wrote Mdm Seah.

She also called for more thorough screening of trainees’ medical history as well as commanders’ responsibility in ensuring training conditions are not violated.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the courageous mother wrote a letter to the Minister on behalf of other incoming recruits with similar condition. These arseholes should be shot dead. First the minister got the son's name wrong in his letter to the mum on the tragedy. Then they sent the dead son a letter.

This should be addressed in parliament. Do we have 20 recruits die each month. Why can't they get his fucking name right. They should suspend the fucking Dept Head.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Feiclia Seah on behalf of future intake of recruits. Hope the Archbishop and the Catholic Church and the fucking Vatican take a leaf from this courageous mum.

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
First time I hear of people dying from smoke grenades.

Really guniangs soldiers how to defend the country?

Still wanna stop training of smoke grenades?

First in the world approving asthmatic people into NS.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the courageous mother wrote a letter to the Minister on behalf of other incoming recruits with similar condition. These arseholes should be shot dead. First the minister got the son's name wrong in his letter to the mum on the tragedy. Then they sent the dead son a letter.

This should be addressed in parliament. Do we have 20 recruits die each month. Why can't they get his fucking name right. They should suspend the fucking Dept Head.

What is new with SAF? despite the decades have gone by ! still screw up!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FUCK SAF lah. KNN, how much are you paid for NS? How much FT students get for study and work in Sinking land?

Limpeh say, Don't be So Kay Loh. Why rish your sons' lives to 'protect' pappies and the cronies.

Added this. Kay Loh means Cheapskate.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was sent to Sungei Gedong Medical centre and transferred to National University Hospital where he died after.

Ah yes... NUH (and CGH): the hospitals where Sinkies go to die.

Also why transfer the boy to Sungei Gedong Medical Centre? It's a waste of time, might as well send him STRAIGHT to a hospital.
I doubt the NS MOs and medics are capable of resuscitating an unconscious person. All they're good for is giving MCs, dispensing Panadols and giving Medical Board/ PES downgrades.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What is new with SAF? despite the decades have gone by ! still screw up!

But...sometime they do screw up in the right way...moi friend was told he was wrongly posted to an oredi stand down unit during his first ict...pls go home n wait for new posting order...that was more then 25yrs ago...and...err...he still waiting for that letter...:biggrin::biggrin:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is better to understand the situation first. This guy is a sportsman but with asthmatic history. But the real killer is his allergy to certain chemical found in the smoke, which attack his respiratory system. I don't think he is a guniang. Most probably he is much fitter than you and I, minus the allergy.

Last edited:

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Feiclia Seah on behalf of future intake of recruits. Hope the Archbishop and the Catholic Church and the fucking Vatican take a leaf from this courageous mum.

The mother has another 16 year old son. She will have nightmares closer to the date of enlistment of her younger son.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

FYI I was also enlisted with hole in the heart that was not detected :eek: And continue without knowing till ROD few years later. During training time I always felt like collapsing but the MO said I geng .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can SAF defend the jobs, money and property of FT if they get kill by smoke grenade?

The NS slave better wake up their fxxking business. Train harder, must sniff more smoke grenade.

The young sinkies are hopeless. Train harder, the wealth of FT and their jobs need to be preserve.

funnyz

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't be daft, we are talking about conscripts here. Not professional soldiers. Given a choice, most of us would not even want to step into uniform group.