• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF regular hanged himself at Gombak carpark

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe they took away his pension?

Retire so young one ar?

How much is the pension?
Years ago, they switched almost all of them to CPF.
One of my classmates, who retired as a Principal / Cluster Superintendent, was smart,and did not switch to the CPF, and remained on the pension scheme.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Years ago, they switched almost all of them to CPF.
One of my classmates, who retired as a Principal / Cluster Superintendent, was smart,and did not switch to the CPF, and remained on the pension scheme.
How much is the pension may I ask?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
My parents were both working for govt.

Pension is good. Like more than half a million.

Can choose lump sum or a certain amount momthly for life.

Those were the good days for Singaporeans. Get pension plus the propety appreciation.

But the next generation ie me....fucking sucks

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My parents were both working for govt.

Pension is good. Like more than half a million.

Can choose lump sum or a certain amount momthly for life.

Those were the good days for Singaporeans. Get pension plus the propety appreciation.

But the next generation ie me....fucking sucks
I know of older SPF senior officers who retired with a comfortable pension.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyday eat cookhouse sleep free eat free enjoys tax payers' money finish contract gets gratituity buey gao?
SAF regular is the most shit brainless job that one can get. In fact, I will say the most taxing thing they think about using their brain is whether they should go for extra serving at the cookhouse during lunch.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you open Google Maps satellite view and zoom in, the multi-storey carpark (and canteen) is directly opposite the 'V' shaped Mindef building. The canteen/carpark building has a 'wavy' facade.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My condolence to the deceased and his family and one LOCAL life lost is one too many.
Anybody heard of CECA committing suicide? Why, because life is so good in Singapore for foreign PMET's while locals have to serve NS /military service to protect them

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad another life lost. Most of the suicide cases due to failed relationships, financial difficulties or gambling debts. During my army days, some of my regulars even borrow from us NSF despite our meagre salary. Until I ROD (not ORD) also no money or refuse to pay, sadly not long after I ROD, heard this guy also hung himself due to gambling debts.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad another life lost. Most of the suicide cases due to failed relationships, financial difficulties or gambling debts. During my army days, some of my regulars even borrow from us NSF despite our meagre salary. Until I ROD (not ORD) also no money or refuse to pay, sadly not long after I ROD, heard this guy also hung himself due to gambling debts.
knn

last time
my era
after early payday
10th of month
we go saf nco club
beach rd
play jackpot
drink the subsidised beer
my WO2 can lose half his month salary
within a day
playing the one armed bandit