• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF families also HIGH DIVORCES RATE

driedmermaid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because I personally knows several cases. Including 1 ended up with husband suicide. It is not like they ever went to war, but just really Chow Boh Lan still ending up divorced and suicided.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091128...pY2xlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDbWlsaXRhcnlkaXZv

Military divorces increasing from war stress
AP

FILE - In this Monday, Nov. 23, 2009 file photo, U.S. Army soldiers belonging to AP – FILE - In this Monday, Nov. 23, 2009 file photo, U.S. Army soldiers belonging to the Alpha troop 3-71 …
By PAULINE JELINEK, Associated Press Writer Pauline Jelinek, Associated Press Writer – Sat Nov 28, 4:54 am ET

WASHINGTON – The divorce rate in the armed forces continues to edge higher, despite efforts by the military to help struggling couples.

There were an estimated 27,312 divorces among roughly 765,000 married members of the active-duty Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps in the 12 months that ended Sept. 30, the Pentagon reported Friday.

That's a divorce rate of about 3.6 percent, compared with 3.4 percent a year earlier, according to figures from the Defense Manpower Data Center. Marriages among reservists failed at a rate of 2.8 percent compared to 2.7 the previous year.

Air Force Maj. April Cunningham, a Defense Department spokeswoman, said the latest year-to-year change was relatively small because the services have made available programs focused on strengthening and enriching family bonds among couples.

"We believe these programs are instrumental in mitigating the stresses deployment places on marriages," said Cunningham.

Still, the figures show a slow but steady upward trend in recent years as American forces fought the two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Friday's reported 3.6 percent rate is a full percentage point above the 2.6 percent reported in late 2001, when the U.S. began sending troops to Afghanistan in response to the Sept 11 terrorist attacks.

As in previous years, women in uniform suffered much higher divorce rates than their male counterparts: 7.7 percent compared to 3 percent for men in 2009.

There's no comparable annual system for tracking the national or civilian divorce rate, though the Centers for Disease Control said in 2005 that 43 percent of all first marriages end in divorce within 10 years.

"Every marriage has controllable and uncontrollable factors," said Joe Davis, spokesman for the Veterans of Foreign Wars. "But when you interject eight years of war, preparing for war, being at war, coming home and having to think about going back to war again — and when you have children — it just has a tremendous impact on the family unit."

Davis said that the military prides itself on taking care of military families.

Programs run by chaplains, mental health officials and family services agencies provide service members access to retreats, couples' counseling, workshops and other programs aimed at easing the strain of separation. Troops and spouses are advised on how long absences may affect family relationships and how to adjust to problems that arise after homecomings.

"Still, at the end of the day, it's that one mother or father who has to go home and close the door and be home alone with their children," said Davis. "There's nothing you can do that will end the stress of having a loved one at war ... until the war ends."

Critics complain annually that the divorce rate reported by the Pentagon comes nowhere close to depicting the damage done to marriages and families by the two ongoing wars.

"Those numbers seem extremely conservative and they are not at all representative from what we're hearing from the community," said Paul Rieckhoff, who served with the Third Infantry Division and founded the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.

"Every time my unit got deployed, we saw a whole new round of divorces," he said, estimating that the marital fallout is closer to double digits than to the Pentagon rate.

The Pentagon number doesn't count veterans, who divorce after leaving the services, let alone reflect other possible wartime consequences on families, such as increases in alcoholism or the toll on orphaned or emotionally stressed children of troops.

And the statistics do not speak to troubled but intact marriages. In an Army battlefield survey taken in Iraq in the spring, nearly 22 percent of young combat soldiers questioned said they planned to get a divorce or separation, compared to 12.4 percent in a survey conducted in 2003.

___

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The military environment alone already has a heavy psychological impact. When I go back for reservist, I can feel myself change into a more primal form.

Can fully comprehend how ordinary men can maim, kill, pillage and rape during war.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The military environment alone already has a heavy psychological impact. When I go back for reservist, I can feel myself change into a more primal form.

Can fully comprehend how ordinary men can maim, kill, pillage and rape during war.

War is supposed to be a very natural state of world it had been that way since beginning of civilization. War had been always an on going matter somewhere throughout the history, and act as an artificial but natural conforming rule of selection that only those who adapt and survive through war lives on. Those who are unfit for this healthy and natural environment had been ensured to be eliminated. This is how human had improved and strengthened.

Until the recent decades there were no stupid talking of World Peace which is a huge mistake. That will bring about countless problems in long run leading to total ruin of human world.

The result is showing clearly in US military right now, that they are supposed to be superpower's army fighting against only a small enemy. But they can not take it when only so tiny of losses were inflicted on their side. Imagine if what happened to Iraqis had happened to Americans on their homeland, can they take it like the Iraqis?

The grand fathers of Americans fought bravely and died in very large numbers in WW2, they step over bodies of fallen friends during beach landings and endure great losses to fight Nazi to a victory. They are all fucking pussies today. Arabs and communist North Korea are much stronger.

R

redlightmeansgo

I know of this Taiwanese lady who runs a make-over joint for ladies. She is married to a local military man but it seems they no longer talk to one another despite living under the same roof. I tried to up her once, with little success. Not a bad looking MILF, in fact I could sense she sorely misses a good round of sex.