• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S lost $413 to job scam, thinks he's stupid. Guess the Race.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

To earn extra money for his mum's umrah, son takes job rating airlines only to lose $413 in scam​

Trust Recruit said: We do not approach job seekers via Telegram or WhatsApp, nor do we have such job opportunities of rating airlines. photo_librarySee 20 More Photoschevron_rightchevron_left

Ong Su Mann mail

Posted on 11 October 2022 | 6,148 views | 5 comments
Submitted by Stomper S

Click here to submit a story or submit it to our WhatsApp.

He was told he could earn up to $300 a day rating airlines but ended up losing $413 to the job scam.
Stomper S said he took the job for his mother.

He told Stomp: "My mum is going for umrah, which is a mini haj, and I wanted to spoil her with spending money since I can’t join her.

"I was scammed and people need to know this."

It started with a Telegram message the Stomper received on Sept 29 that said: "PT available, get 300.00 per day promoting. Are you interested more details (sic)?"

After the Stomper asked: "What is the job scope?", the sender introduced herself as Alice from Trust Recruit, which is a real company.

She also sent an ad offering a job "rating airlines to increases (sic) airlines popularity and reviews" where you can earn $150 in three hours.

When the Stomper asked what he had to do for the $150, he was told that someone else would contact him with the job scope.

alice2.jpg

That someone else was Joana Cheng, who explained that there were four tasks a day and for each task, he had to complete 32 airline ratings to withdraw his commission.

joana.jpg

"You just give five-star ratings and that was it," said the Stomper, who completed the first task with no issues.

"Then I did the second task, but in order to complete it, I had to put in my money," said the Stomper, who transferred $105 using PayNow.

For the third task, he was asked to put in $308, which he did.

pay.jpg

"But in under 30 minutes, they wanted another $565," said the Stomper.

That was when he baulked and asked for his money back to no avail.

"It got to a point where I told them I would forego my commission for them to return my deposits. Yet nothing," he told Stomp.

"When I requested to speak to the manager, I was ignored."

delta.jpg

The Stomper realised that he might have been scammed.

In response to a Stomp query, Trust Recruit said: "We do not approach job seekers via Telegram or WhatsApp, nor do we have such job opportunities of rating airlines.

"It was a scam. We have made the necessary police report and announced a scam alert on our social media pages (Instagram and Facebook) due to the rising number of scam cases recently."

On the Scam Alert website last month, someone reported a similar case where scammers offered a job reviewing airlines.
To avoid being scammed, the police advise taking these precautionary measures:
  • Do not accept dubious job offers that offer lucrative returns for minimal effort.
  • Never download applications from unverified sources.
  • Never send money to anyone whom you do not know or have not met in person.
The Stomper said: "I just feel stupid. Nobody should go through what I have.

"I went into this with the best intentions just getting extra money for my mum and after that, I was going to stop."

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got a offer from trust recruit thru whatsapp too. Then another person will contact me.
Deja vu?
"The main job is to help Developers App rating,the company has provides us a working platform to improve the star rating of App and Optimized data for each App, which can be seen on the Play Store/Apple Store"
The person also show me some example where ppl got work and got their commission.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
this App scam more credible. rate airline all 5 star?how many airlines can a person use?to rate all 5stars a scam in itself liao red flag still cunt see?