• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S’porean brain-dead after Medan robbery

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What can a electronic whistle do when ppl dont help ?

in some cities, you can whistle, you can shout, you can scream
if you are being robbed or knifed or murdered
nobody will come to your rescue
my friend was slashed and killed in broad daylight
in one of these night cities in south east asia
in broad daylight !!!!

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in broad daylight !!!!

You are right uncle , sometime people also call out Tuayapeh name to ask me give them 4D ... I don't care too :wink:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. bro, no offence.
2. such apparatus does not work at all.
3. in indon, manila and india.
4. never trust anyone there.
5. always travel in pre-arranged vehicles.
6. kosong local transportation.
7. dafter sheep in such soil are watched targets!

spot on general!!!
travel in such open vehicle
is an invitation for trouble
many of my seasoned friends
have their friends to fetch them
from airports ...just in case.....
life is fragile in such places
bless we are living in singapore

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
spot on general!!!
travel in such open vehicle
is an invitation for trouble
many of my seasoned friends
have their friends to fetch them
from airports ...just in case.....
life is fragile in such places
bless we are living in singapore

Low crime don't not mean no crime :wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in broad daylight !!!!

wow your own fren was killed and you don't even know the name of the city nor the country where the city is located.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One case was a PRC graduate, came here to work as an admin and the company put her up at the dorm in Tuas. Went back late one day due to OT and got raped by 3 Indians. The girl committed suicide in the end. Both news not reported. I pity those serangoon gardens residents.

Why serangoon gardens residents? There is a dorm there?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Singaporeans are brain dead at birth but they're capable of living their lives without the need for a brain anyway so it doesn't really matter.

It matters if HOTA is going to get your skin, cornea, liver, kidneys, heart, lungs, private parts, etc, just because you're "certified" brain dead by 2 doctors who could be conniving with HOTA and likely paid obscene amounts by some VIPs not in the HOTA queue to allow them to jump queue.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
many things are waiting to happen here
even our nice quiet parks are potential death traps for our young girls and women
i fear for their safety

nickname

Alfrescian
Loyal
Associate Provost (Undergraduate Education) Kam Chan Hin said: “We are deeply saddened by what has happened and my staff and I, as well as NTU’s Senior Management, are doing all we can to assist and support the family ... NTU will spare no effort to seek the best medical expertise for her.”

According to Professor Kam, NTU Provost Freddy Boey and members of the university’s Senior Management visited Mrs Toh yesterday and spoke with her family members.

NTU will be footing all expenses, including the evacuation and hospital bills in Singapore and Medan.

Mrs Toh is currently warded at SGH’s Intensive Care Unit. The family intends to keep her on life support for as long as possible.

Mdm Koh said she was disappointed with NTU’s handling of the matter. Among other things, she said that although International SOS (iSOS) had an account with NTU, it took the university more than four hours to go through the procedure to allow the expenses to be charged to their account.

This was a critical delay that her sister could not afford, she said.

According to NTU, the iSOS representative said the Medan airport had closed for the day as it did not operate around the clock. Preparations had to be made by iSOS, including to source for an aircraft and ensure it had the relevant equipment and materials on-board.

Singapore’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which provided consular assistance to Mrs Toh and Mr Phua in Medan, said the Indonesian police is investigating the incident.

See lah. NTU spokesman speaking with forked tongue. Damned these hypocrites. iSOS was waiting for NTU to give the go ahead knowing it's an emergency to fly her back to SGH, but see lah....NTU just sat on their butt and hope she died there, and problem solved. Four hours delay caused her valuable time. What is the point of subscribing to iSOS when the subscriber NTU refuses to take responsibility to give the go ahead? You die your own business, Mrs Toh.

All insurance companies are scams. When it comes to claiming, it will find all means and ways to refuse you.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's not easy to make a decision of such paramount importance - it's life and death.

First, you must have clearance from the hospital she was warded. In most cases, you have to sign an AOR - at your own risk against medical advice.The patient was comatose, so someone had to give the approval. The next of kin perhaps, after consulting with the experts. This can take some time,some headache and some very tough decision. We cannot blame anyone for the delay.

Then, the ISOS had to make its own assessment of the situation - medically and logistically whether the patient was relatively stable to be air lifted and evacuated.Arrangements had to be made for the medical evacuation and also for the receiving hospital in Singapore to get everything ready.This again took some time.

And of course , the payment and mode of settlement would then be finalised before the actual evacuation.

IMHO, I think the ISOS had done a good job. Hope Mrs Toh will recover.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even within Singapore, there are areas like Geylang where your risk goes up ten times after dark..

Indeed, geylang after dark is quite dangerous.. me always kena asked by foreign ladies with thick makeup (presumably to hide their real faces) "要去吗?" When i reply "去哪里?".... "去死"... was the reply.. really dangerous...

M

Mdm Tang

Appreciate your info ... thks.

It's not easy to make a decision of such paramount importance - it's life and death.

First, you must have clearance from the hospital she was warded. In most cases, you have to sign an AOR - at your own risk against medical advice.The patient was comatose, so someone had to give the approval. The next of kin perhaps, after consulting with the experts. This can take some time,some headache and some very tough decision. We cannot blame anyone for the delay.

Then, the ISOS had to make its own assessment of the situation - medically and logistically whether the patient was relatively stable to be air lifted and evacuated.Arrangements had to be made for the medical evacuation and also for the receiving hospital in Singapore to get everything ready.This again took some time.

And of course , the payment and mode of settlement would then be finalised before the actual evacuation.

IMHO, I think the ISOS had done a good job. Hope Mrs Toh will recover.