• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S’pore Short Film On Army Career Strikes A Nerve

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
While watching the video, I was asking myself what is my honest opinion about it. And I was like, what the heck, if you are downgraded, you have to accept it, since the Army has to be an org for combat, and just cos he had spent a career there, doesnt have to mean that things can be status quo all the time. Even if he got to keep his combat fitness grade, he wld have to retire one day, and then what? Sgt Lee still has to learn or relearn to exit into civilian life, man. This is where perhaps the Army or MINDEF is not doing enough taking care of old soldiers like him. But I was relieved the movie had a happy ending. Then I thought - what is the message that the movie producer was trying to give us?

On the other hand, just when I began to think negatively of the Sgt and his negativeness, I held back, can't help comparing with our BG wimps, esp the one helming the country, how despite being lembek , he got super-promoted 8 grades in 9 years, and I began to be a lot less unsympathetic to Sgt Lee. It just tells me that in this country, there are as many systems as there needs to be to cut corners, make square pegs fit a round hole, squaring the circle, and in general, gaming the system if you are considered elite class and therefore indispensable human capital. The rest, you chuck into the cesspool and forget about it.

Maybe that was the movie producer's message...

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Discover the Work Behind the Work

love this beats the stupid Ah boys to Men. This is what should be shown. LKY will never have his "the army will have to be called in" after this.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah boys to men makes Adam Sandler's 'Jack and Jill' Oscar material. Saw abit of the peesai flick when I walked pass the video store. Made me sick.

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of chobolans and jiakliaobees around. Can easily cut the strength by half and it won't be noticed. For a start, PMO is a good option.

that's the real fact....not enough real jobs for the people, create all these CBL roles to keep unemployment figures low.....

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

love this beats the stupid Ah boys to Men. This is what should be shown. LKY will never have his "the army will have to be called in" after this.

Agree, Jack's movie sucks. At least I find James short film very sinkies to the core and managed to cut above all other local movies. No need so many actors or actresses, these two actors alone acted very natural and should be awarded actor of the year STAR awards. Lao Joe Tey can step down liao.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree, Jack's movie sucks. At least I find James short film very sinkies to the core and managed to cut above all other local movies. No need so many actors or actresses, these two actors alone acted very natural and should be awarded actor of the year STAR awards. Lao Joe Tey can step down liao.

F#%@!! Jack Ass Neo, make nothing but SINgapore Army films...& those "ah lian, ah huat, ah gu & ah meow" films...he is the government propaganda mouthpiece...I never bother to watch any of his anyway...he was from the Music & Drama Unit of Mindef.. so what is not new!??

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

F#%@!! Jack Ass Neo, make nothing but SINgapore Army films...& those "ah lian, ah huat, ah gu & ah meow" films...he is the government propaganda mouthpiece...I never bother to watch any of his anyway...he was from the Music & Drama Unit of Mindef.. so what is not new!??

I have never watched his film via cinema or DVD. His movie is often repeated in msm until sianz....

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

This short film also uses a proper combat uniform not the PSC scholar created pixel uniform.