• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rumpole to be convicted at the way that he is conducting his case

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree with you on the folly of conducting your own trial. Objectivity is lost because it’s your life on the line. Doctors should not operate on themselves, lawyers should not conduct their own trials, but it is perfectly fine for accountants to cook their own books!

Nice trick to fool non-lawyers that lawyers are essential to represent you in the court, in the guise of objectivity and that self-representation works against you as it is subjective.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so based on this report :

Prosecution witness tells court Tey didn't ask for gifts
By Claire Huang | Posted: 15 January 2013 1121 hrs .......
.Another reason cited by Tey for his three requests - that the forensic tests cost more than S$50,000. Given his suspension since late July 2012, Tey said he is "not in a position" to engage an overseas expert.

this was taken to mean he lied about being paid while on suspension?
if so LOL

if not, MY BAD

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Did the article say he said he was not paid during suspension? If you have read thus, then you need to take lessons in English comprehension. It says: "Given his suspension since late July 2012, Tey said he is "not in a position" to engage an overseas expert."

S$50,000 may look like small potatoes, IF you do not take into account liabilities - mortgage payments, car loan, child's education, upcoming legal bill from Peter Low, etc. For sure suspension means your job is not as secure as before. So, better save your reserves for a rainy day and draw upon it only if absolutely necessary. In this case, this S$50,000 is definitely money down the drain even if the accused wins his case, because we do not have a Cost in Criminal Proceedings Act like New Zealand or other developed countries. Therefore, it is reported in Channel News Asia as "he said he is not in a position to engage an overseas expert". Which then becomes distorted by PAP IBs as he said he was not being paid while he was under suspension.

thank you. i could not have put it better myself

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice trick to fool non-lawyers that lawyers are essential to represent you in the court, in the guise of objectivity and that self-representation works against you as it is subjective.

Hello there, Mr or Ms Sense. This thread is proving jolly fun. All my hidden PAP IB colleagues are emerging out of the closet. Banzai!

If you are a layman, then you need to engage a lawyer. Why, because you need to know the rules of procedure, evidence, etc. Does the layman knows the intricacies of say the "rule against hearsay"?

Tey is not a layman. He knows those rules intimately. He has worked those rules in his days as a district judge. For him, on the one hand is the lack of objectivity and on the other is the reduced risk of perjury by the key prosecution witness. On the balance, I would say he made the right decision except that non-essential witnesses he should leave to Peter Low to do it.

So, there is no trick. Tey is different from the ordinary layman.

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

one will still need to have decent knowledge of the law and its intricacies to conduct a decent self representation. note that the prof has a lawyer, although he himself is one, to consult with and that lawyer will have to paid as well (unless its pro bono, which i do not know)

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disappointed with these aspiring and competitive young undergrads. Paying so much to secure these sort of relationships. Their moral compass either do not exist or corrupted. You are right. This court case is not about the Prof but the other parties not to mention their families and friends.

Let's hope that this case WILL open the Pandora Box and expose as many existing law graduates who have slept/sleeping around on their way up starting from the university to the real world. Naturally, the other box would be their lecturers and lawyers who are the beneficiary of the pleasure and gifts.

We only need genuine law graduates and lawyers in Singapore.

pandoras-box-art-print.jpg

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now now, don't need to get so turned on.

I wasn't referring to Rumpole when I replied to your posting about the nays of self-representation. Period.

A Freudian slip or a Jedi mind trick.

Fast response is an indication of the latter. Please, we are comrades, we work for the same master. Let's meet up for coffee after you finished your shift.

Ciao Amigo.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
We only need genuine law graduates and lawyers in Singapore.

pandoras-box-art-print.jpg

You mean like the judges that give $1000 fine to Woffles Wu, fine and no jail for dangerous driving to an editor of the mainstream Chinese newspaper ahem I mean propaganda machine, fine and no jail to this SPH Fatso for embezzlement on the flimsy ground that this Fatso has shown "remorse"?

Indeed, master says we need more of those.

What about Wong Siew Hong. We need thousands of those. Banzai!

Nice mind trick though posting that sexy picture. Do you have a stock of those saved in a folder on your computer desktop so that you can instantly use them when required while on shift. If words alone won't do, add picture to complete the mind trick. You are super onz! I will recommend you to Master for a fast track promotion to PAP IB Chief!

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any more distortions you want me to correct? Always at your service, my dear Kuku ...
hahaha....thank u, SC Wong.
so my instinct was right....
just another case of blatant BS by my idol.....distorting and putting words in other people's mouth...even in a court case.

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean like the judges that give $1000 fine to Woffles Wu, fine and no jail for dangerous driving to an editor of the mainstream Chinese newspaper ahem I mean propaganda machine, fine and no jail to this SPH Fatso for embezzlement on the flimsy ground that this Fatso has shown "remorse"?

Indeed, master says we need more of those.

What about Wong Siew Hong. We need thousands of those. Banzai!

Pssssss... we know your grinds with Meng, don't need to make it so obvious.

It is however, interesting that some who replied you in this thread actually thought that you are him!

v-for-vendetta2.jpg

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...i believed SC Wong posted under his real name just as i believed rumpole is Tey.....l
why???...because i am kuku.
the sad thing is many kuku people don't know they are kuku and think they are very smart....lol.

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pssssss... we know your grinds with Meng, don't need to make it so obvious.

It is however, interesting that some who replied you in this thread actually thought that you are him!

v-for-vendetta2.jpg

Remember remember twenty-sixth January,
Foreign talents, treason, vote rigging,
I see no reason why FTs, treason
Should ever be forgot …

Let’s give the PAPzis a 26th January 2013 that they will never forget!

[video=youtube;qEEKxKoP2_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEEKxKoP2_k[/video]

Quote of the Day from V - in words we can all understand:

"I know you're not blind. I'm pointing out how stupid you are to ask a masked dude who he is."

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a layman, then you need to engage a lawyer. Why, because you need to know the rules of procedure, evidence, etc. Does the layman knows the intricacies of say the "rule against hearsay"?

Yeh but even if you are a law expert, wouldn't it be better to have somebody represent you so that you don't have to play the dual role of a defendant and a counsel, like you might cock up when you become too tired or too emotional to think straight.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeh but even if you are a law expert, wouldn't it be better to have somebody represent you so that you don't have to play the dual role of a defendant and a counsel, like you might cock up when you become too tired or too emotional to think straight.

Like I said in one of the above posts, he strung that surprise on the first day and me thinks it is aimed at the prosecution's star witness to counter any pressure on her to commit perjury to save her own skin, threats from the CPIB, etc. It is easier to tell a convincing lie to stranger Peter Low than to ex-lover, the accused who has "suddenly" decided to question you himself.

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said in one of the above posts, he strung that surprise on the first day and me thinks it is aimed at the prosecution's star witness to counter any pressure on her to commit perjury to save her own skin, threats from the CPIB, etc. It is easier to tell a convincing lie to stranger Peter Low than to ex-lover, the accused who has "suddenly" decided to question you himself.

Dear Mr. Wong,

I am becoming a fan of yours. Plus Rumpole and kukubird58 too!

SP

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUpFzCuDM9M

"Where did the bastard run?
Is he still around?
Now you gotta tell me everything
You did baby

I'm gonna get my gun
Shoot the lover down
Are you gonna tell me everything
You did baby?

Traces are everywhere
In our happy home
Now you better tell me everything
You did baby

I jumped out of my easy chair
It was not my own
Now I want to hear about everything
You did baby

I never knew you
You were a roller skater
You gonna show me later
Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening

You know how people talk
I wonder what they say
I think you better tell me everything
You did baby

I never knew you
You were a roller skater
You gonna show me later

You never came to me
When you were so inclined
Yes, you could have told me everything
You did baby

I know where baby's at
I know your filthy mind
Now you're gonna do me everything
You did baby
You did baby
"

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
you forget jealousy and sour grapes.....

I am beginning to get a sense of this... the outrage against Tey online is largely because of the losers we have around here who are simply jealous of the good pay and good sex that some individuals get that makes throwing stones at them when they are down so satisfying.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sex-for-grades trial: Another ex-student named in court

AsiaOne
Monday, Jan 21, 2013

SINGAPORE - As the sex-for-grades trial involving National University of Singapore law professor Tey Tsun Hang enters its 8th day, a new name has been thrown up in court.

Tey, 41, is facing six charges of corruptly obtaining gratification from former student Ms Darinne Ko, in exchange for giving her good grades. The gratification included receiving gifts and sexual intercourse.

Two officers from the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) told the court this morning that a woman whom they referred to as "Brenda", was also brought in for questioning on April 2, the same time as Tey and Ko.

According to the Lianhe Wanbao, the woman is believed to be a former student of Tey's at the Law faculty of the National University of Singapore.

She has since graduated.

According to court documents, "Brenda" is listed as one of the prosecution witnesses, reported the Chinese evening daily. But there was no mention in court about why she was brought in for questioning, and how she is related to the case.

[email protected]