• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Royal Carribean Cruise

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
welcome. royal caribbean is great for 3-day to 5-day cruises in asia. the mariner and legend of the seas pretty much ply the south east asian and east asian routes all year. princess only does the beijing to sg and sg to beijing routes as part of their world tour and partial world (hemisphere) segments. thus, there are only 2 trips per year, from beijing to sg and sg back to beijing, then on to alaska from beijing for the late spring and summer alaskan cruises. after the alaskan season in fall, ships will disperse to asia and california for fall and winter routes. some ships will go south further to mexico and panama and the caribbean to handle the caribbean season during winter. it's more limited on princess for asian routes. that's why i'm surprised to see such high prices on royal caribbean for a 10-11d cruise. :eek:

I am not sure whether we are comparing the same product and services. the S$4708 price is for Grand Suite with Balcony. Ocean view Stateroom goes for S$2518

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not sure whether we are comparing the same product and services. the S$4708 price is for Grand Suite with Balcony. Ocean view Stateroom goes for S$2518

that's still a rip-off. a suite with balcony on princess averages usd2999 for a 15d cruise. a room with balcony averages usd1799 for the same cruise. and an oceanview stateroom averages usd1599. it also depends on routes, membership status, discounts, time of year, demand. if the ship is not filling up, they upgrade all early bookers and offer a firesale on remaining cabins with 50% off sometimes.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's still a rip-off. a suite with balcony on princess averages usd2999 for a 15d cruise. a room with balcony averages usd1799 for the same cruise. and an oceanview stateroom averages usd1599. it also depends on routes, membership status, discounts, time of year, demand. if the ship is not filling up, they upgrade all early bookers and offer a firesale on remaining cabins with 50% off sometimes.

Yes, perhaps we were ripped off for this Jun 2013 cruise.

But can we backed out now?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

not sure. need to check with your travel agent or cruiseline. anyway, go ahead and enjoy the trip. suites are in high demand leaving sg, thanks to the roaring sg economy. there are not many of them on a luxury liner, and they get snapped up fast. don't let it go. :biggrin:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not sure. need to check with your travel agent or cruiseline. anyway, go ahead and enjoy the trip. suites are in high demand leaving sg, thanks to the roaring sg economy. there are not many of them on a luxury liner, and they get snapped up fast. don't let it go. :biggrin:

thanks for your advice and wishes.

yes, suite are worth paying for, especially i dont gamble and hope to get pregnant.

suites are popular mainly with foreigners.

but i will also check with the agent abt the prices

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have some friends who always wait for the very last minute to book his cruise.Very often, he got what he wanted at a massive discount!!!

Again, there is no guarantee about your flights and your other arrangements unless you are self employed or you have completely retired. Most of us have to make holiday plans to book and CONFIRM our flights to make sure that we return in time for our work schedule. So we cannot take the last minute chance to make our bookings. We may save large amount of discounted prices but we may not get the flights we wanted.

So for many confirmed cruises , you have to pay a big deposit months ahead, some even 1 year before the actual cruise...and you have also to pay, sometimes the FULL air-fares for confirmation of your flights.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
....but i will also check with the agent abt the prices

The prices actually fluctuate due to supply and demand. If there is less demand nearer the cruising date, you can get a massive discount. But again, if it is in great demand, you may get a much inflated price - much higher than your initial booking. It's all a gamble and you may not have the best cabins too.

I normally trust the agent. And if he finds that I've paid a much higher price for the cruise, he might just give me some freebies. He might upgrade me or give me some FREE TOURS of the cities that I intend to visit or even FREE transport from the airport to my hotel and so on....:smile:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Tracy, please don't feel that way lah. I travelled with such luxury cruise ships before.Yes, I paid a premium because I did not know the many loopholes that can give me massive discounts. Don't let this dishearten you. Go and enjoy yourself!!! Money not spent is useless....:smile:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have some friends who always wait for the very last minute to book his cruise.Very often, he got what he wanted at a massive discount!!!

Again, there is no guarantee about your flights and your other arrangements unless you are self employed or you have completely retired. Most of us have to make holiday plans to book and CONFIRM our flights to make sure that we return in time for our work schedule. So we cannot take the last minute chance to make our bookings. We may save large amount of discounted prices but we may not get the flights we wanted.

So for many confirmed cruises , you have to pay a big deposit months ahead, some even 1 year before the actual cruise...and you have also to pay, sometimes the FULL air-fares for confirmation of your flights.

i see. it seems that cruise can be like budget airlines...take a risk..wait for last minute vacancies and you get huge discounts..or if demand is good...no ticket.

but thi is from 8 Jun to 18 Jun..peak school holiday period..so i guess demand will be quite high

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The prices actually fluctuate due to supply and demand. If there is less demand nearer the cruising date, you can get a massive discount. But again, if it is in great demand, you may get a much inflated price - much higher than your initial booking. It's all a gamble and you may not have the best cabins too.

I normally trust the agent. And if he finds that I've paid a much higher price for the cruise, he might just give me some freebies. He might upgrade me or give me some FREE TOURS of the cities that I intend to visit or even FREE transport from the airport to my hotel and so on....:smile:

that sounds reasonable

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy, please don't feel that way lah. I travelled with such luxury cruise ships before.Yes, I paid a premium because I did not know the many loopholes that can give me massive discounts. Don't let this dishearten you. Go and enjoy yourself!!! Money not spent is useless....:smile:

i am ok and am prepared to go along with what's confirmed.

thanks for your consolation

GenghisKHAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

Money not spent is useless but money any how spent is foolish.

liongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
good point..so a balance is wise

money well spent is worth it

All depends on your own affordability. If you've other priorities higher up your needs ladder, then you may like to plan your budget prudently and rid it of some luxuries or put them on your back-burner for the time being and settle the more important needs first, yeah?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All depends on your own affordability. If you've other priorities higher up your needs ladder, then you may like to plan your budget prudently and rid it of some luxuries or put them on your back-burner for the time being and settle the more important needs first, yeah?

good advice..i am ok with the price

but if i can pay 3k for the cruise, then i wont want to pay 4k

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

went for the Mariner of the Seas Cruise and must say that it was a very enjoyable experience. I strongly recommend a cruise with Royal Caribbean's Mariner

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the thread was started last year. but I just cruised recently and have just enjoyed the experience.

glad you enjoyed the cruise. and you paid for a truly luxurious, exclusive, elite suite. it goes to show that you're doing well in sg and you heed the call for more babies by arranging a relaxing and romantic love nest conducive to conception. you and your hubby deserve it. and thanks to sg and the pap regime for creating opportunities and the environment for you and your family to live in the lap of luxury and preventing sg from crumbling. :biggrin:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been invited to a Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Cruise.

Anyone familiar with this cruise? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Caribbean cruise is ten times better than Star Cruise,

go take a trip than you'll know! too long explain to you

too many good things to list out...