• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat RIP: The legend.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
PELE: The legendary football King.

IMG-20221227-WA0010.jpg

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see the video clips, i doubt he will thrive in modern football. Last time no tactics de, now he will not be given space to dribble. How many defence splitting pass he made?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Africa News has deleted the article. Still viewable on Google cache. :biggrin:

https://www.africanews.com/2022/12/26/football-legend-pele-dies-at-82/

Football legend Pelé dies at 82​

By Africanews
Last updated: 0 minutes ago

Football legend Pelé has passed away at the age of 82.
The Brazilian had been receiving regular treatment since having a tumour removed from his colon in September 2021.
Viewed by many as the planet's finest footballer, Edson Arantes do Nascimento, known to the world as Pelé, adored the game and the game adored him back.
Wherever he went, thousands of fans would follow, hoping to catch a glimpse of the three-time World Cup winner.
At the age of 16, Pelé had already made his mark on the international stage, scoring on his debut against arch-rivals Argentina in 1957.
One year later, his skills throughout the tournament and a brace against Sweden in the showpiece match helped "a Seleção" clinch their first FIFA World Cup. A title they would successfully defend in Chile in 1962.
Injury struck and Pelé took a step back before leading Brazil to a third triumph in Mexico in 1970. He remains the only man to have achieved this feat (three World Cup titles, Ed.).
Officially, he scored 757 goals in 831 games throughout his 20 year career although club Santos claim his tally was closer to one thousand.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
pele98.jpg

It has been officially confirmed.

RIP: Pele
You indeed brought joy to many World Cup fans and aspiring football players.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see the video clips, i doubt he will thrive in modern football. Last time no tactics de, now he will not be given space to dribble. How many defence splitting pass he made?

now very different..................the pitch's grass is shorter...............the goalmouth is wider...............the ball is lighter and engineered to curve more................the boots can curve the ball more too.............and training methods improved a lot..................and strikers today given a lot of protection.................

when you see Ronaldo or Messi getting injured for a long time ??..................star strikers in the 80s and 90s always get injured long time.................