• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RIP retail: OneKM turning into ghost mall

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it a con job to wash money ?

no lah..........they build condos on top of the mall..............anyway, there are other dead malls in the area..............

City Plaza (long dead since the 80's)...........Tanjong Katong Complex (dead from day 1)...........then 2 more new malls at Paya Lebar MRT..................the older of the 2 also quiet from day 1........

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are reviving the Malay Village near there again...at Geylang Serai & not far from Tanjong Katong Complex...there is another huge mall of some sorts coming up! & City Plaza is up for en bloc sales...more dead zones in the making..adding to the already dead or dying ones.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The garhmen trying to keep the construction industry afloat lah...

Malls, HDB upgrades, school upgrades, new hospitals, new condos...

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ghost mall?
Visit 美人锅 before?
So many people
Q like no tomorrow
Somemore expensive
Dont worry got sucker will fill up the vacant space:biggrin:

ChristoJacb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This place should be turn into an ah neh hangout with desi flowere joints, prata eateries and abundance of trees grown so that ah Neh couples can dance around them all day long

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
The garhmen trying to keep the construction industry afloat lah...

Malls, HDB upgrades, school upgrades, new hospitals, new condos...
If that is the case..there should be more SERs coming up...it's an evergreen policy... construction industry can go on forever

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cina restaurant (think call happy or happiness restoran 雙喜樓)still around?

At Lion City Hotel...NOPE!...Lion City Hotel & the annexe, closed some years back & had been torn down to build 1KM mall...I think, the place is by UOL.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At Lion City Hotel...NOPE!...Lion City Hotel & the annexe, closed some years back & had been torn down to build 1KM mall...I think, the place is by UOL.
Alamak! The restaurant was one of the better cina restaurants around that area. A NS kakis held his wedding dinner at that restaurant. So nostalgic.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes it was above KFC. I also attended a few weddings there in the past.

lion-city-hotel-1994.jpg

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

all gone liao........even though i stay near there, i hardly go there also.........i was also shocked when i saw so many old familiar places gone.........

there was an Oriental departmental store there that i used to go to as a teenager.......

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are reviving the Malay Village near there again...at Geylang Serai & not far from Tanjong Katong Complex...there is another huge mall of some sorts coming up! & City Plaza is up for en bloc sales...more dead zones in the making..adding to the already dead or dying ones.

aiyah.........new or old..........Malay Village will sure die lah.......

but the old Malay Village.......i ever saw a banner advertising............''Manhood Massage''.........i wonder if by girl or guy ...............LOL

Parkway Parade alone more crowd than all these new and old malls combined..........

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the fast food outlet was KFC, not mac. It was also quite iconic.

I used to go there after going to CDAC (next doors)

Yes, the fast food outlook there was KFC, up to the time, the whole place was demolished. At the Lion City Hotel Annexe was the Chinese Restaurant, where many wedding dinners where held there, attended a few there. There was a coffee house at that location too. At the shopping area, was Oriental Emporium & the bank, if I am not mistaken was OUB or was it UOB?. Next to the Annexe was Hollywood Theatre, before it closed & became City Harvest Church, Kong Hee Fatt Choy & the "China Wine" started there, when they move off, later years , up to the time, it was demolished, it was Seng Sheong Supermarket.

Used to rendezvous at KFC often with a lady for a tête à tête! & then later for some, " mo mo cha cha".

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spoke to a saleman friend working in a reputable electronics store in Singapore. He said looks like, PC and Laptop sales are like in a decade-low in this calendar year (so far), a sharp contrast of just a year ago. He never experienced such massive slowdown before.

Cannot be overnight (within a year) everyone decided to use Ipad, buying from Apple directly right?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just invite some Education or enrichment centre to set up shop inside. The mall will be boom town charlie again.