• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

right eyelid twitching

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't sound like a satisfactory arrangement to me. Minority shareholders have no say whatsoever as to how the hotel is run and have no easy means of cashing out if necessary.

This is the sort of investment I avoid like the plague. There are too many factors outside of my control.

Yes. No exit strategy is a major risk in any investment. A deal breaker for me.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To be honest it was the first time I have heard about it and like I said my reaction was to ask "Timesharing?" Then he explain briefly to us what it was all about and the reasons. It was also quite an impulsive buy, really. Then again, he is one of the most astute businessman I know and very cautious in all his dealings.

I am convinced you know what you are doing 101% without shadow of doubt or reservation. Unlike the idiots who doubted you, you appear like the real deal.

Rest assured my credentials are genuine too. When I was a young boy, my father took me on long hitch-hiking expeditions across the Southern Siberian Steppe. In summer you could see the plush green of an endless meadow and in autumn, the fading pink of the distant mountain ranges. We would return home exhausted and mother would scold us when she saw the used condoms in our backpacks. As usual my father had found a couple of hookers along the way and had helped himself to the best that the Steppe had to offer.

My family believed in the USSR and its dominance of the continent of Eurasia was all but inevitable. But fate wrought its ugly hands on the province of our manifest destiny, and our empire was denied its true place in the world of men and mice. Today evil ships from the USA patrol our waters, harassing our merchants, and puerile NATO planes fly over our land dropping vile propaganda on our good citizens.

Our nation is weak because our rivers are impassable and do not allow the free flow of goods. We have invested heavily in commodities and agriculture but that can only take us so far. We need methane. We need that molecule. We need CH4!!!!! This gas will deliver us from strife and allow us to re-exert ourselves in the world.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I understand when I was told about it. I said the same thing too. "Timeshare?"

Apparently the property built and operate by the hotel but we bought a suite which is self-contained, microwave, washing m/c, dishwasher etc. Our belongings are kept in a space provided. We have our own carpark (2 lots).

They will manage and maintain the suite, let it out. They get a share of the profits while we pay for the management fees. If we decided to stay, then they will not let it out for that period. We paid for the whole suite and it is our property, like owning an apartment.

Timeshare is different as you buy the time allotted and if you do not want to stay it will be let out and you are paid in return.

This is the equivalent of reits and further used by people who want to shield their wealth from alimonies and divorces, attributed to companies. Since you cannot buy the hotel as too poor, buy shares to the hotel which manifest as a suite which you can stay like timeshare or receive income from it when you are not. As the property is valuated, you can sell to the next sucker. Those who buy capitalmall reits are buy a walkway space that you cannot stand there 24/7 and guards will bully but you can get some returns in dividends. I am shocked that Scroobal does not know. This is the next MLM scam.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you are certainly genuine and sincere. Just wanted to clear the air.

Below is what Amara hotel did as well. Your family bought 52/52 title of the unit as opposed to 1/52 (weeks of the year) It is indeed a timeshare just that they stopped using the term due to its negative connotation. All timeshare come fully furnished. All timeshare units are fully owned by the purchaser. Part of the draw. All timeshare are around holiday resorts, recreational sports etc. The ownership is a handcuff and you can't walk away from it even if you write-off your total capital. You will be charged for monthly maintenance, sinking fund etc. The only way is to unload it to some poor soul who is none the wiser or to the hotel owners.

After the European Union forced VISA/MC/amex to mandate cooling off period (10 days I think) the scam slowed down dramatically.

It is one of those things that people who got stung will not own up to it or will internalise it as a long term investment.

I suppose we learn these things as we go thru life.

From what I understand when I was told about it. I said the same thing too. "Timeshare?"

Apparently the property built and operate by the hotel but we bought a suite which is self-contained, microwave, washing m/c, dishwasher etc. Our belongings are kept in a space provided. We have our own carpark (2 lots).

They will manage and maintain the suite, let it out. They get a share of the profits while we pay for the management fees. If we decided to stay, then they will not let it out for that period. We paid for the whole suite and it is our property, like owning an apartment.

Timeshare is different as you buy the time allotted and if you do not want to stay it will be let out and you are paid in return.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wanted to tell TS that, same as cock twitching in another thread, eyelid twitching is the beginning signs of Parkinsons. But instead, it turned out to be a thread about all the investment schemes , so I really learnt a lot.

My uncle has connections at high levels in Uganda, Nigeria and Ethiopia. He is also connected with hedge funds originating out of Canaries, Greece and Iceland, and can give returns higher than Krafty's pitiful 6%. But if you dont have millions in the hundreds, forget about what I said.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, you are certainly genuine and sincere. Just wanted to clear the air.

I suppose we learn these things as we go thru life.

It's ok Scroobal I am not able to get a clearer picture until I speak to him again which will be around X'mas. Like East Ledang which another relative bought thinking it a good investment as a holiday bungalow, subsequently finding there is no time and facing problems in maintaining it, decided to let it go and in the process made a hefty profit, it could be another happy ending.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am convinced you know what you are doing 101% without shadow of doubt or reservation. Unlike the idiots who doubted you, you appear like the real deal.

Rest assured my credentials are genuine too. When I was a young boy, my father took me on long hitch-hiking expeditions across the Southern Siberian Steppe. In summer you could see the plush green of an endless meadow and in autumn, the fading pink of the distant mountain ranges. We would return home exhausted and mother would scold us when she saw the used condoms in our backpacks. As usual my father had found a couple of hookers along the way and had helped himself to the best that the Steppe had to offer.

My family believed in the USSR and its dominance of the continent of Eurasia was all but inevitable. But fate wrought its ugly hands on the province of our manifest destiny, and our empire was denied its true place in the world of men and mice. Today evil ships from the USA patrol our waters, harassing our merchants, and puerile NATO planes fly over our land dropping vile propaganda on our good citizens.

Our nation is weak because our rivers are impassable and do not allow the free flow of goods. We have invested heavily in commodities and agriculture but that can only take us so far. We need methane. We need that molecule. We need CH4!!!!! This gas will deliver us from strife and allow us to re-exert ourselves in the world.

So you are Russian and grew up in Singapore. I wish your plans are not so grandiose and more straightforward. Methane hydrate extraction is not yet viable and is expensive and difficult to do. What has been done so far is on the seabed. In pristine freshwater it can be disastrous should there be a major incident.

With your connections perhaps you can look into some other projects in O&G contracts?

Landbanking in the Russia is not our cup of tea as our clientele is from this region. Most of our developments are in Texas and Canada.

applejuice

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow, you so lucky, you no need to go to school? Can share with us more about your adventure?

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wow, you so lucky, you no need to go to school? Can share with us more about your adventure?

I had no former schooling when young. Everything was self taught. Papa taught me English and had me read the English papers everyday. Mama taught me mathematics. When the USSR collapsed, we feared for our lives. Our wealth was confiscated and we fled to Singapore penniless. To this day we dream of the glory of Soviet and yearn for the day when the evil USA will be conquered.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So you are Russian and grew up in Singapore. I wish your plans are not so grandiose and more straightforward. Methane hydrate extraction is not yet viable and is expensive and difficult to do. What has been done so far is on the seabed. In pristine freshwater it can be disastrous should there be a major incident.

With your connections perhaps you can look into some other projects in O&G contracts?

Landbanking in the Russia is not our cup of tea as our clientele is from this region. Most of our developments are in Texas and Canada.

There is in fact a company, which I will not disclose, that is investigating into deep fresh water methane hydrate extraction off Lake Baikal.

Since russian landbanking is not your cup of tea, have you done business in malaysia?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is in fact a company, which I will not disclose, that is investigating into deep fresh water methane hydrate extraction off Lake Baikal.

Since russian landbanking is not your cup of tea, have you done business in malaysia?

I have but in the distant past and completely unrelated to what I am involved in now.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am serious while they are thinking I am pulling their legs. My contacts are available for those who wish to have them. The businesses I am in are not specific but PM me if more more info is required as I cannot spell out everything in great detail. I am exposing myself too much as it is and prefer PMs as this is an open forum.

I hope we are both taking this thread in good stride. The reason why some of us come down quick is because each of us has lost friends due to poor investment advice.

When I was much younger and very much unaware of the way the world worked, I personally ran through a whole gamut of poor decisions ranging from bucket shop commodity firms to putting Robert Kiyosaki's 4 quadrants on my bedroom door. I deleted my savings not once but twice.

There may be some chaps reading this thread who are in the midst of being snooked, and if we don't set the record straight fast, we miss catching them. That was what happened to me, I was snooked in part because the chaps out there who obviously knew better and could have warned folks like me didn't. But the fault lies with my ignorance.

I have lost close friends over the years due to money and investment matters, and its always sad. Worse, the internet has made proliferation of scams easier and they are getting more and more complex.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hope we are both taking this thread in good stride. The reason why some of us come down quick is because each of us has lost friends due to poor investment advice.

When I was much younger and very much unaware of the way the world worked, I personally ran through a whole gamut of poor decisions ranging from bucket shop commodity firms to putting Robert Kiyosaki's 4 quadrants on my bedroom door. I deleted my savings not once but twice.

There may be some chaps reading this thread who are in the midst of being snooked, and if we don't set the record straight fast, we miss catching them. That was what happened to me, I was snooked in part because the chaps out there who obviously knew better and could have warned folks like me didn't. But the fault lies with my ignorance.

I have lost close friends over the years due to money and investment matters, and its always sad. Worse, the internet has made proliferation of scams easier and they are getting more and more complex.

Thanks for the clarification bro. I agree we all need to be careful especially since we are all anonymous. This forum I sense have very few interested in seeking business opportunities. As I sit down and enjoy the many postings and contribute a few occasionally, I do spend a bit of my time which can be otherwise more fruitful. In combining a pastime and promoting some business at the same time, I kill two birds with one stone.

I might say I don't benefit, which is not exactly true. As long as there is a possibility some business ensued from my efforts which benefit my contacts, I indirectly gained from it, despite me not being involved.

It is good that those who wish to gain new contacts with the possibility of either getting a job, securing orders or contracts and even gaining some knowledge, just be warn to be extra cautious and do your own research. Don't get fooled by promises of big profits as there are many conmen and scammers that take advantage of people's greed, especially when their offers seems too good to be true. When that happens, be very suspicious, as it can actually be a bait for you to swallow and you end up losing your hard earned money.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand Lake Baikal is a World Heritage Site.

putin has decided to use it for uranium enrichment. a nuclear power plant is also being proposed because of the vast water resource. methane hydrate extraction will have to go thru' putin's arse for quality fart before it can be approved. u.s. will dominate in natural gas extraction from shale. there's a lot of fossil fart out there and human fart here. :p

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
putin has decided to use it for uranium enrichment. a nuclear power plant is also being proposed because of the vast water resource. methane hydrate extraction will have to go thru' putin's arse for quality fart before it can be approved. u.s. will dominate in natural gas extraction from shale. there's a lot of fossil fart out there and human fart here. :p

They have done an extraction in Alaska but the big guns are already into it. Small fries like us can only profit by supporting these mammoths.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have done an extraction in Alaska but the big guns are already into it. Small fries like us can only profit by supporting these mammoths.

u.s. in general will recover from this "housing" recession and a slow economy within 2 years from the consensus between conservatives and liberals in washington to go big after natural gas extraction. but it will require a lot of water to break up the shale layer. housing is recovering in the bay area. the opportunity for sinkies trying to sink their teeth into juicy and bargain real estate in my area is gone. over. kaput. i'm sorry for bros who missed the boat. i've given tips over 2 years, but no one took them seriously. :o

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I had no former schooling when young. Everything was self taught. Papa taught me English and had me read the English papers everyday. Mama taught me mathematics. When the USSR collapsed, we feared for our lives. Our wealth was confiscated and we fled to Singapore penniless. To this day we dream of the glory of Soviet and yearn for the day when the evil USA will be conquered.

Knew a Russian a long time ago by the name of Anatoli. Never knew there were a number of them residing in Singapore.