• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rich Men's School Canteen Sell Restaurant Food

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifio

Five star french food anyone ? God this is bothering on the ridiculous. I grew up on wan ton mee. terrible fried kway teow, decent hainan chicken curry rice, 10 cents soyabean and fried chicken wing rice and yong tau fooo.

Jeez

Locke

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please lah give the poor canteen vendors a chance to survive lah. Many schools have followed the capitalist road to tendering out their canteens to big boys leaving all the small vendors jobless and helpless. The bottom line is to collect for rentals from the vendors and to make more money. Give these poor canteen vendors some space to breathe man!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke,

What to do, this just demonstrates the growing rich/poor income gap divide in S'pore. I tell you it appears even worse at the private kindergardens such as Pat's:rolleyes:

Cheers

Dear Porifio

Five star french food anyone ? God this is bothering on the ridiculous. I grew up on wan ton mee. terrible fried kway teow, decent hainan chicken curry rice, 10 cents soyabean and fried chicken wing rice and yong tau fooo.

Jeez

Locke

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, what an education. To give those sinkie children a start in believing they are richer than others. Self-delusion is now started at a younger age and best of all, in school.

So which school did you go to? I am sure your alma mater is extremely proud of you.

jw5

Loyal
Dear Porifio

Jeez

Locke
As if the children of today weren't spoilt enough................. :(

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wonder what kind of childhood can these kids look backwards to when they grow up.

the distinctiveness of the school canteen has been lost.

imagine having a starbucks drink in school, and then when you step out of school, you see another one at your neighbourhood shopping mall.

i don't know about you, but i'd be nauseous in a very very short time.

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with that?

As long as the students are spending their family's money & not spending my money, I don't see anything wrong with that!

The schools naturally would want to have the highest paying tenants that's viable in their canteens. The schools are in the business to make money. They are not in the business of Western style welfare system. They've done a very good job by offering the students free choices in a free market environment. The students in turn vote with their dollars & cents.

It's a free market. The market is where buyers & sellers meet to make business transactions.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Collected few thousand rental from the well established food chain rather than to rent to it to the old uncle and aunties. last time a school canteen stall operator need to be poor in order to apply , now also no chance liao. you have to be rich to apply

prince123456

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe the canteen operator got some personal arrangement with the principal itself ..

every year commission goes to principal pocket

who knows :biggrin: