• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenchment count thread

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's start a thread to monitor job losses in Singapore, the first Asian country to go into recession.

It is another feather in our cap, another first...

Until September, there were dribs and drabs of retrenchment news as the recession turned into reality

There was news of the IMFlash retrenchment but more than half affected were fallen talent, so no tears there

Then came the big one

7th Nov: DBS to slash 900 jobs or 6% in Singapore and Hong Kong

more to come....

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
also 7th Nov, reported in Business Times (can somebody with access to the article or to some link to the property blogs post it here..)

Lucury developer Wheelock Properties slashes 13% of jobs

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey brother, can you spare me a dime....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVE72Ae82Tw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVE72Ae82Tw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can a poor man stand such times and still live

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jYsSVNl8xmE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jYsSVNl8xmE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retrenched can apply for abundance of jobs at our 2 shipyards.

Or are the retrenched too pampered or soft to do the job ?? Or are they still wanting to pine and whine like street whores ??

Sianzzzzz ...

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
From DBS article :
One bright spark in all of this is that the construction, land transport and healthcare sectors will still see strong demand for jobs.

Singaporeans can find hope as construction workers, bus drivers or nurses.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why are u guys so happy about retrenchments and unemployment here in singapore ? so happy that singapore is sinking? come on guys, don't be lidat lah....singapore sinks we all gone including this forum. cheers up okay. we'll overcome and we'll soldier on.the people will move on. so don't be so happy okay.cheers!

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Retrenchment is good for Singapore. If there is no retrenchment, then I worry."
(Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, 2006, Straits Times )

So, shouldn't we be happy about it?

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
why are u guys so happy about retrenchments and unemployment here in singapore ? so happy that singapore is sinking? come on guys, don't be lidat lah....singapore sinks we all gone including this forum. cheers up okay. we'll overcome and we'll soldier on.the people will move on. so don't be so happy okay.cheers!

singapore can sink... who cares ?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I care about Singapore, don't want it to sink. But I don't care about the mudderfuggers scholars and ministars screwing up our entire system!

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
More retrenchment will be expected at the end of year and next year, especially from the financial, banking, investment and retail/sales sectors

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
From DBS article :
One bright spark in all of this is that the construction, land transport and healthcare sectors will still see strong demand for jobs.

Singaporeans can find hope as construction workers, bus drivers or nurses.

you might be surprise about the real earning of a full time nurse, esp the staff nurse.

it is a noble and rewarding career. but not for me LOL.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Retrenchment is good for Singapore. If there is no retrenchment, then I worry."
(Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, 2006, Straits Times )

1991 : "Retrenchment is good for u Lau Goat. If not then I worry." :biggrin:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
More retrenchment will be expected at the end of year and next year, especially from the financial, banking, investment and retail/sales sectors

No worries lah !!

Alot of jobs at shipyards !!

Or are they to soft or pampered to work ??

Or else work taxi driver lor !! Kekeeke ...

enjoy your work !1

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
you might be surprise about the real earning of a full time nurse, esp the staff nurse.

The nurses are fucked by the doctors lah during night or off times! If not how to pass time leh ??

That's why nurses' cunts all blacken already !! Maybe banglas also fucked trheir blackened cunts the already !!:confused:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup the senior nurses I have seen all appear contented and happy. Quite on-the-ball too.

Good career for auntie types.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today's Business Times headline: Over 100 jobs on the line at Motorola, Nokia

anyone got access to story can please fill in details of this report. Looks like shipyards got lots of people applying liao

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citigroup to slash 50,000 jobs on top of 23,000 already announced

This is worldwide but how many in Singapore affected. Our lousy local newspapers didn't bother to investigate whether none affected here or 900???