• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenched PMET Singaporean forced into taxi-driving encounters FTs enjoying life in

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Retrenched PMET Singaporean forced into taxi-driving encounters FTs enjoying life

Always say retrenched from job but there are 101 ways a company can get rid of you without retrenching you. There are also 101 reasons why you will resign from a job. So don't say that the office job is so nice and comfortable. What about the stress, office politics, deadline, working environment, your asshole bosses and staff, medical problems, family problems, etc? Talk as if working in a Singapore office is heaven...

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Retrenched PMET Singaporean forced into taxi-driving encounters FTs enjoying life

I'm trying to understand the problems with Employers and older workers. Assuming what some of those guys said to be true, that they are willing to take lower wages, hiring an older worker will
1)Give U someone with plenty of experience
2)At the same if not cheaper rate then the younger dude
3)No reservist commitment
4)More committed to the company since unlike the youngster he is unlikely to job hop as much coz it's hard for him to get a job
5)More mature worker who probably wont be pulling dumb ass stunt like disappearing for no reason

Not that much downside other then maybe family commitment which someone in their late 20s-30s might also fall into. So yeah, WTH do the companies NOT want to hire older workers?

Are there a really good reason why companies DON'T hire older workers. Anyone working in HR can comment?

My HR friend told me the reasons is because employer got the thinking that older workers react slower physically and mentally, also they older workers probability of dying is greater !

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dear All,

we all know Sinkies are discriminated heavily in their own country by the gahmen and employers...most employers will cut cost and hire cheap etc. However on my personal observations I find that its the men that get discriminated. Sinkie Women still seem to be doing well,,,no problems getting job, holding on to job etc.

From those articles in the forum, its all written by Men and seldom from Women,,,and we all know women are better at KPKB than men,,,if women are discriminated surely the forums will be flooded and there will be thousands of women in Sammyboy,,rite?

So would it be safer to say that its not Sinkies that are discriminated but Sinkie Men that are discriminated??

Last edited: