• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rental and Resale (All about Rental and Resale prices in Iskandar)

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we're talking sense and business!

That's a good buy. Am I right to say the seller is selling at loss? I doubt the original price is that low.

Bukit Indah is developed with large supermarkets, banks, eating places, etc. And freehold!

Do a comparison with Medini. Leasehold. Empty. Quiet. No amenities. Lots of undeveloped land and trees. No immediate businesses to support the many condos there. Why RM750-1,000 psf? It's not sustainable.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's a good buy. Am I right to say the seller is selling at loss? I doubt the original price is that low.

Bukit Indah is developed with large supermarkets, banks, eating places, etc. And freehold!

Do a comparison with Medini. Leasehold. Empty. Quiet. No amenities. Lots of undeveloped land and trees. No immediate businesses to support the many condos there. Why RM750-1,000 psf? It's not sustainable.

If really interest to invest, go for Bukit Indah and other areas. Let Medini die...not suitable, go elsewhere.
No need to complain. No heartache. No need die die must invest Medini.
But only if got heart to invest in the first place.

If not, then leasehold, freehold, no hold also no use. Malaysia is still Malaysia. Not up to standard. Right?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If really interest to invest, go for Bukit Indah and other areas. Let Medini die...not suitable, go elsewhere.
No need to complain. No heartache. No need die die must invest Medini.
But only if got heart to invest in the first place.

If not, then leasehold, freehold, no hold also no use. Malaysia is still Malaysia. Not up to standard. Right?

Yup, agree with what you say!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, agree with what you say!

What to look out for when investing in Malaysia.
Generally they look out where these places are near to their preferred investments.

1. Big Sweep 1+3, Magnum or Toto shops. :biggrin:
2. Beers & entertainment lifestyle areas.
3. Shopping areas
4. Waterfronts
5. Restaurants
6. Banks

If any place in Iskandar you are interested and any of the above is not there, drop the idea.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
What to look out for when investing in Malaysia.
Generally they look out where these places are near to their preferred investments.

1. Big Sweep 1+3, Magnum or Toto shops. :biggrin:
2. Beers & entertainment lifestyle areas.
3. Shopping areas
4. Waterfronts
5. Restaurants
6. Banks

If any place in Iskandar you are interested and any of the above is not there, drop the idea.

Be careful of global warming. Sea level is rising.

Sea-level rise due to polar ice-sheet mass loss during past warm periods

science.sciencemag.org/content/349/6244/aaa4019

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it was launched at about 600 per sft depending on the floor level. I suspect those sellers are struggling with the monthly mortagage and wanted to let go even if at a loss. Again, only malaysians need consider, as it is way below RM 1M.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all of your information, when we bought Horizon Residence, the price is RM 300,000 thereafter. Zero downpayment.

Just to clear some doubts and gossips here. So selling at RM 400k or more is fat profit when zero downpayment is needed.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM300k that you paid is it of the same unit type that is on sale now as advertised?

If so then it's a good price indeed to sell at for seller. For buyer may be also a good price to buy compared to the riduculous new ones released at RM800k or so.

But it remains to be seen if seller can even sell. Only for Malaysians to buy.

For all of your information, when we bought Horizon Residence, the price is RM 300,000 thereafter. Zero downpayment.

Just to clear some doubts and gossips here. So selling at RM 400k or more is fat profit when zero downpayment is needed.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it was launched at about 600 per sft depending on the floor level. I suspect those sellers are struggling with the monthly mortagage and wanted to let go even if at a loss. Again, only malaysians need consider, as it is way below RM 1M.

Investor888 mentioned they got it much lower....

There is a condo nearby called D'Inspire. That one very jialat now. It was sold for like RM700 psf or more I think. It was marketed as a "premium" condo. But owners have experienced many defects, low quality fittings, and designs that make the whole project look very cheapo. The last I heard, the developer turned the unsold units into some kind of cheap motel.

I can understand the frustrations of the foreign owners. They unknowingly or foolishly bought at super high prices (who to sell to?), now can't sell to other foreigners if priced below RM1mil, the overall quality is a big disappointment, and the place has become a sleazy motel.

For a Singaporean investor, that's at least a few hundred thousand SGD down the drain. Painful....

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Much lower then not too bad, now just testing market to see if can sell or not. For middle class Msian this 300k plus rm is small change only. I have a relative bought a few at surburb of KL just to 'park' their money, not even thinking to rent it out. They say holding on to rm keep depreciating, might as well buy a condo then pass to kids in future. When friends or relatives visit, just open up as guest house.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2016/5/126476/strong-pent-up-demand-for-strata-landed-homes-in-iskandar

UEM Sunrise, the master developer of Gerbang Nusajaya, a 4,551-acre commercial and business precinct in Iskandar Puteri in Johor, has reported strong sales at Melia Residences, its newest strata landed housing development.

Within two days of its launch in April, buyers snapped up all 206 units in the project’s first and second phases, the majority of whom are Singapore permanent residents from Malaysia.

Melia Residences consists of five phases and 625 units. The project sits on a 73.64-acre site, with built-up areas ranging from 2,006 sq ft to 2,594 sq ft. The landscape architect behind Singapore’s Bishan – Ang Mo Kio Park is helping to develop the project’s lakeside living concept.

Prices start from RM872,888 (S$294,390), with the project’s average price ranging between RM350 psf and RM430 psf (S$118 psf – S$145 psf).

According to UEM Sunrise, there was a large turn-out of Singaporeans at the sales gallery during the project’s launch last month. There has also been interest from Indonesia, China, Taiwan and the Middle East.

To meet this demand, a limited number of units in phase three have been launched. The project’s third phase comprises 160 terraced houses.

With prices above RM1 million (S$337,260), the latest sales phase is expected to be boosted by foreign buyers. Currently, foreigners in Johor are barred from purchasing property below RM1 million.

Melia Residences is located close to Singapore’s Tuas Checkpoint, Nusajaya Tech Park, and motorsports hub FASTrack Iskandar, which is backed by Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim.

The project is also expected to benefit from the future High Speed Rail terminus in Gerbang Nusajaya.

Raymond Cheah, UEM Sunrise’s Chief Operating Officer, said: “We are extremely pleased with the strong level of interest from both owner-occupiers and investors.

“To date, we have achieved a total of approximately RM206 million in sales, exceeding our target of RM196 million for 2016.”

The project is targeted to be fully completed in 2020.

Meanwhile, despite the perceived slowdown in Iskandar’s residential market, Cheah believes there is strong demand for landed homes that are competitively priced and strategically located.

“Buyers are unique creatures. They are instinctive with purchasing homes, regardless of how the market is doing.

“When the price is good, the location is strategic and the property is well-designed and well-built, then buyers will still make the purchase,” he told PropertyGuru.

Khalil Adis, founder of Khalil Adis Consultancy, added that many of Melia Residences’ buyers could be UEM Sunrise’s existing clients who are undeterred by negative sentiment about the oversupply of residential units in Iskandar.

“They (may have already) bought property from UEM Sunrise, and seen their property prices appreciate. Hence, they remain confident despite the bearish market.”

He noted that property values in Iskandar Puteri have risen in recent years due to various infrastructure and economic drivers. “Iskandar Puteri is quite developed with Legoland Malaysia, Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios and the Iskandar Coastal Highway.”

See, even landed is half the price than those condo, price will eventually back to RM400-500 range for landed, and Rm300-400 range for condo. Singaporean got the love affair with high rise condo that cant be understood by malaysian.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like the nearby fairway suite better. See one fully furnished 8xx sq ft unit on the market for rm 500k.

The facilities at Fairway Suites are too small for my liking. Investment aside, an equivalent condo with 99 years lease in Singapore is about SGD $1,200 psf or MYR $3,500 psf, so a MYR $400 psf for a freehold condo is really dirt cheap in comparison. One just has to chose the right condo to buy and keep. Despite the negativity surrounding Johor residential property market, there is still plenty of room to move up for the good freehold properties.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The facilities at Fairway Suites are too small for my liking. Investment aside, an equivalent condo with 99 years lease in Singapore is about SGD $1,200 psf or MYR $3,500 psf, so a MYR $400 psf for a freehold condo is really dirt cheap in comparison. One just has to chose the right condo to buy and keep. Despite the negativity surrounding Johor residential property market, there is still plenty of room to move up for the good freehold properties.
$4xx rm per sq ft condo is no longer available at HH now. I hope someone sell
fir around rm 5xx per sq ft.
I like fairway suite mainly for HH's relative security, seclusion, surrounding space, less noisy and greens at the same time close to shops in bukit indah.

I did not pay too much attention on the facilities as my main hobbies are books , Internet, jogging, sipping tea and makan of course.

Last edited:

movpack

My hobbies are also book reading, light music and sometime gamin. So when i would have to move on i would like to look at all such locations where I could simply enjoy living by myself. I am kind a introvert actually... :wink:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
My hobbies are also book reading, light music and sometime gamin. So when i would have to move on i would like to look at all such locations where I could simply enjoy living by myself. I am kind a introvert actually... :wink:

Some so called introvert is not really introvert whose life is very often encompassing the world larger than it is now but also few thousand years back.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree about Fairway Suites. In comparison to most condos around the area, this once is a calmer and quieter neighbourhood. Pretty good location, up on a hill and rather exclusive too.