• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know where to get Nippon paint with good price? What is the labour cost for painting double storey intermediate house?

Have bought from few hardware shops before. Price difference usually not more than a few ringgit for 5-litre tin. The trick to saving is to buy the 20-litre size.

Try to buy from Nippon authorised dealers, otherwise shop may use a different brand of paint to blend the color you want. http://www.nipponpaint.com.my/dealers

By the way, unopened tins are normally returnable but you need to check with the shop first.

Current labor cost (gone up quite a bit) for intermediate terrace should be around RM3,000 ~ 4,000 but it depends on how particular you want the finish and the number of coatings. Most contractors would want to supply the paint (you know why :rolleyes:), but I would suggest you supply the paint instead to control quality.

You need to pay attention to the waterproofing at the flat sections of the roof and the window ledges, else your nice paint would start peeling in about a year. The peeling normally starts from the lowest floor (eg. basement).

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi frodo

not sure abt the others. however y'day we did a trial of turnong on all the taps in the house at the same time after turning the main to the fullest. all taps were flowing very well except for the 3rd floor toilet.

will be talking to another plumber dat did a friend's house at setia tropika this weekend.

Any luck with the water flow issue? I also noted that the water flow at kitchen sink was measely, thin shaft of water flow. But then toilet was good normal flow. Anyway I would put the kitchen tap flow as an item in the defect list, hope they can rectify this.

Lptang24

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Just got keys to my house in JB and rectifying some faults in it. Waiting for developer to rectify to be exact.

Was googling around to look for Reno and chanced upon this thread. Thanks to Wuqi for the thread and everyone else who had offered great info on it. There are simply too much post to read, and besides, can't go beyond certain posts in LIJB & LIJB2.

Any recommendation on aircon, water heater and lightings? Can PM me? Thanks.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Just got keys to my house in JB and rectifying some faults in it. Waiting for developer to rectify to be exact.

Was googling around to look for Reno and chanced upon this thread. Thanks to Wuqi for the thread and everyone else who had offered great info on it. There are simply too much post to read, and besides, can't go beyond certain posts in LIJB & LIJB2.

Any recommendation on aircon, water heater and lightings? Can PM me? Thanks.

For air-con should get the inverter type to save on some electricity bills. Sorry cannot advise on where to buy or what brand. Mine already come fitted with air-cons but was told not the inverter kind.:(

Water heater my reno contractor using Jovan, a brand I also not familiar with.

Lightings my reno contractor tell me can go Molek Mei Guang to buy, or go to Tampoi Indah to buy. Recommended we use LED lights for brightness and durability. We haven't scout for lights yet.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone bought the Sugawa Smart Cooker electric stove? How much did you pay for it and is it good? Any problems?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you do with the utility room or maid's room? I find it neither big or small, not here not there, use for storeroom a bit wasted.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
For air-con should get the inverter type to save on some electricity bills. Sorry cannot advise on where to buy or what brand. Mine already come fitted with air-cons but was told not the inverter kind.:(

Water heater my reno contractor using Jovan, a brand I also not familiar with.

Lightings my reno contractor tell me can go Molek Mei Guang to buy, or go to Tampoi Indah to buy. Recommended we use LED lights for brightness and durability. We haven't scout for lights yet.

The normal china made LED seem cannot last, it flicker and black out faster than CFL.

Lptang24

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got a quote for aircon today. Was told that the original piping by developer is too thin for inverter aircons, as their pressure is higher. Pipes might not be able to withstand the it. Not sure if this is true?

The diff. between the plasma and inverter is RM2,780. This does not include re-piping should we go with the inverter type and decide to change the copper pipes to a thicker one.
Too much technical overload. Would love to hear any comment from our sifu here. Any advise?
Thanks.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got a quote for aircon today. Was told that the original piping by developer is too thin for inverter aircons, as their pressure is higher. Pipes might not be able to withstand the it. Not sure if this is true?

The diff. between the plasma and inverter is RM2,780. This does not include re-piping should we go with the inverter type and decide to change the copper pipes to a thicker one.
Too much technical overload. Would love to hear any comment from our sifu here. Any advise?
Thanks.

Even if it is only for one 2-hp air-con, it is overpriced.

Based on my market survey early this year:
1-hp inverter is in the region of $1.3k RM with installation and piping
2-hp inverter is in the region of $2k RM with installation and piping

And Johor (Nusajaya) is the most expensive place to renovate in Malaysia due to proximity to Singapore and lack of competition.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you do with the utility room or maid's room? I find it neither big or small, not here not there, use for storeroom a bit wasted.

It becomes a study room in my case. Of cos i install air conditionerlah if not if will not be attractive enough to be used as such

patmos

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

My renovations is coming to an end and I would like to install network points in my house. Anyone knows a reliable guy to do it for me? This is rather urgent and would appreciate any heads up. Thank you in advanced.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knock down the walls , convert it into guess room ?

It is already adjacent to the guest room on the ground floor leh. I was told it is just nice to put a single bed, though it looks more suitable for a hobbit sized person. Thinking of maybe just park my second hand massage chair there....

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It becomes a study room in my case. Of cos i install air conditionerlah if not if will not be attractive enough to be used as such

Good idea! Maybe I use it as a reading room also, and with my massage chair there I should be zzzzzz in less than 5 min, hardly read a couple of pages. LOL!

patmos

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

Anyone knows of any reliable contractor who can do network points installation? Thanks in advanced.