• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there,

I'm gonna do some shopping in JB this coming weekend. Would appreciate if someone could point me to the right place for buying the following.

-Lighting and hanging fans
-Kitchen appliances
-wardrobes and cabinets

TIA :smile:

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go and check out classy kitchen in nusa bestari, I find their full house package quite reasonable.

Hi there,

I'm gonna do some shopping in JB this coming weekend. Would appreciate if someone could point me to the right place for buying the following.

-Lighting and hanging fans
-Kitchen appliances
-wardrobes and cabinets

TIA :smile:

jayzbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just want to clarify something...

Windows are normally done by the aluminum guys and grill by the wrought iron steel guys... So how do you guys normally coordinate... Especially if already living in the house fitting must be done quickly unlike house with vacant possession. So how?

sadesra

Just sharing my recent renovation experience. I provide the tiles, the contractor is charging me RM5 psf for labour, sand and cement. If wall tiles is RM8, toilet floor tiles with water proving is RM11,...If you think it is worthwhile for you, let me know and I can share his contact with you. Workmanship wise, you can come and see mine.
Thanks for sharing.Your price seems reasonable.I appreciate if you could share your contact with me.Thanks so much!

Ferrariman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just finish my semi-d renovations by zest contractor. I must admit they are not cheapest but they surely do a good job. My extension works were good. Walls plaster well smoothened and their finished works were good. Their carpenter ah keong is really experienced and did a fantastic job with the kitchen, wardrobes and wall feature. Million thanks to you Sandy for introducing your contractor.

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am looking to have carpet grass for my unit at EL. Any suggestion for plan nursery? Heard it is at RM3.50psf? Pls share. Thank you all.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use Decube interior design. His pricing is reasonable if he does the job like masonry, plumbing etc but if he had to sub it out, he tends to be on the high side, so beware. For eg, the aircond, I buy directly from the aircond guy, I save another 25%

1 plus point is that now that my work is all completed and I had some problem with the plumbing, he still come and help me settle the issue, so 有首尾. His contact is 012-7023669 Siang Woon

Thanks for sharing.Your price seems reasonable.I appreciate if you could share your contact with me.Thanks so much!

Damsell

Alfrescian
Loyal
good price.. thanks for sharing. My house is not ready yet, when it is ready I'll try ..

Your are wellcome bros traxxas. Just returned from Australia settled some issues about my properties at Hillary and Joondalup,Perth. Plenty to shares and reccommends about things in JB, but time constraints.(not even to logged-in). Intends to settle in Nusajaya,JB for good. Will divert all my resources to properties in Nusajaya. All the best,cheers.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are welcome

Just finish my semi-d renovations by zest contractor. I must admit they are not cheapest but they surely do a good job. My extension works were good. Walls plaster well smoothened and their finished works were good. Their carpenter ah keong is really experienced and did a fantastic job with the kitchen, wardrobes and wall feature. Million thanks to you Sandy for introducing your contractor.

Bayou

I am quite new here. Find this site a great sharing platform for property owners. I'm looking for a plants & gardening supplier in or nearby JB / Nusajaya area. Anyone has one to recommend?

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, for the contact on glass and mirrors, do they provide those glass shower screen in bathrooms or it is better to go to the building material vendor?

Maybe can try Kiong Gay Enterprises for plaster stuff including mirror mouldings, they have presence in SG, KL and JB.
http://www.kionggay.com/index.php?ws=contactus

Building materials:
http://www.sakthihardwaremasai.com/..._id=135502&lang=&cat=Safety Equipment&subcat=

Glass and mirrors:
http://www.myhomedeco.com/company/6600/KIG-Glass-Industrial-Berhad

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kitchen is the "open-concept" type (ie. no walls to segregate it from the living room) and the living room tends to get very oily whenever we fry vegetables or deep fry chicken wings or fish. I am thinking of doing a "false" wall to enclose the kitchen so that the oil doesn't travel to the living room.
Does anyone know of a good contractor who can construct a false wall and door to enclose the kitchen area? Any good recommendations would be much appreciated!

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allo Sandy, any good and reliable carpentry or woodwork shops that you could recommend?
I don't really know where to start looking for these shops.
Any advice would be appreciated!

Woodwork/carpentry shops can do the partition. Go check out one of the carpentry shops.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can call ah kiong at hp : 0127796960. He runs a woodwork factory at mt. Austin factory area. Most of my better and high quality wardrobes and partition doors made by him and his men. JB has too many contractors. All have their versions what's best and cheap. Most times, we end up having pay cheap price but lousy quality. My husband spent half a day in his factory when he was fabricating our guest room wardrobe last week, at least my husband believes we are getting the best for what we paid for.