• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party may give walkovers to PAP

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
His lineage? JBJ is arguably Singapore's greatest oppo hero, for crying out loud! Whatever you say about KJ's qualities (or lack of) as a politician and leader, I find it highly unlikely that he'll betray his father's legacy.

Indeed. Whatever it is one has against his suitability for politics, he is undoubtedly a sworn enemy of the Lees and therefore a friend of democracy for singapore.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
long ago I say liao............Kenneth is PAP mole...........the Punggol East by-elections prove it liao..............he's the perfect mole due to his lineage.........

machiam like Puthucheery and Ong Ye Kung but they have already joined the White side?:smile:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
machiam like Puthucheery and Ong Ye Kung but they have already joined the White side?:smile:

Kenneth is not a PAP mole for sure. But for the love of money people like Devan Nair's son and JBJ's son Philip can sleep with their fathers' enemy shamelessly.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
His lineage? JBJ is arguably Singapore's greatest oppo hero, for crying out loud! Whatever you say about KJ's qualities (or lack of) as a politician and leader, I find it highly unlikely that he'll betray his father's legacy.

Most sinkies view JBJ as nothing more than a trouble-maker, a rabble-rouser, a destructive force out to destabilize Singapore. When he passed away, hardly any sinkies lined the streets to send him off. He doesn't even warrant a footnote in the annals of Singapore history.

This thread also proves that PAP has been doing a fantastic job in governing Singapore. PAP is honest and capable. If PAP was as bad as many of you have lied, then sinkies would be flocking in droves to join the opposition parties like NSP and Reform Party. Instead, RP can hardly attract any candidate, while all the more decent opposition people have deserted NSP in droves.

jw5

Loyal
I've always suspected that all he ever wanted was to be a mathematician married to a chiobu. :wink:

You got it wrong.

Filling his father's shoes isn't the problem. Pinkie was never cut out to be a leader, much less a PM. Even if his father were a jaga, he'd still flop miserably as a politician. He'd made a good, maybe excellent, maths lecturer and researcher in an ivory tower. Write some papers and thesis, get his doctorate, publish a book or two.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've always suspected that all he ever wanted was to be a mathematician married to a chiobu. :wink:

Agree. Politics was something he didn't really want. But as the dutiful eldest son in a patriarchal Chinese family, he had no choice but to accede to his father's wishes.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I told you so

pap will take amk on the platter lah

reform party is a goner

a white washed machine lah

oppo is a joke

a real joke

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE2011 has 1 walkover, this GE2015 is going to be 2 walkovers. Like that cannot huat-ah anymore..

I suspect Reform Party dun even have a full strength CEC. Like that even contesting only one GRC will be a big hurdle for KJ.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
they can borrow my name to field ... after winning I will go eat mango

dont waste your time and talent. go hunt wei ling, even though hers is dried apricot but you can b assure of multi million heritage and oxlee address to your name.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
RP, DPP, NSP & SDA should just disband and stop wasting voter's time. Both leaders of RP & SDA lost their deposits in PE by election. By right, their own party's CEC should have kicked them out from the leadership post!

NSP changed leaders so many times and recently backtracked on their agreement! Like that, arrange political parties meeting to avoid 3 CF for what? Where is the integrity and credibility??? No different from changing CPF goalposts by PAP.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
GE2011 has 1 walkover, this GE2015 is going to be 2 walkovers. Like that cannot huat-ah anymore..

I suspect Reform Party dun even have a full strength CEC. Like that even contesting only one GRC will be a big hurdle for KJ.

If that is the case, KJ is not worthy to be JBJ's son. The Lion of Singapore has a pussy for a son? He must be fuming mad, wherever he is right now.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Reform Party is a JBJ party. It has no plan, no real goals and is obsessed with debates with PAP.

Low Thia Khiang did the right thing to cut JBJ off from WP. Look at how much better WP is today without JBJ. They actually managed to win a GRC and a by-election outside of Hougang.

Most sinkies view Reform Party as another no-substance party. For 5 years since GE2011, when anti-pap sentiments were on the rise, RP failed to capitalize on it to recruit more members, grow the party, establish some sort of grassroots group. Now, it is just some shell party like the $2 company, coming to life only when people need a party to contest against PAP and resigning from the party within 1 year after losing the GE.

How do you expect sinkies to have faith in such a political entity?

jw5

Loyal
KJ has good intellect and knowledge of economics and finance. He will be a huge thorn in pappies' sides and backsides if he ever gets into parliament. :wink:

But his problem could be that he errr, doesn't get along well with people he is not familiar with or who are not familiar with him. :o:biggrin:

If that is the case, KJ is not worthy to be JBJ's son. The Lion of Singapore has a pussy for a son? He must be fuming mad, wherever he is right now.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KJ has good intellect and knowledge of economics and finance. He will be a huge thorn in pappies' sides and backsides if he ever gets into parliament. :wink:

But his problem could be that he errr, doesn't get along well with people he is not familiar with or who are not familiar with him. :o:biggrin:

KJ will never get into Parliament.

He spent too many years abroad and thinks that like in the UK, elections can be won by standing on soap boxes making speeches. Without a strong grassroots base, he has little chance of winning. Or even if he wins, he would probably be a one-term MP, just like the duds Cheo Chai Chen and Ling How Doong.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

I agree with you. He has good attributes, keeps a very good blog with insightful essays and is an asset to the opposition cause. But if he is destroying the only vehicle (RP) he has to get into parliament, then he is doing JBJ and his legacy a great disservice. He ought to have learned to get along with his peers by now. Must learn to play well with others :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes his brother sold out some what for his own well being but you still dun see him joining the pappies like the real traitors likes of putihcherry and Ong Ye Kung.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As he aged, his vision blurred and he allowed hordes of foreigners to swarm into the country and the consequence is a divided country today.

I can't agree on this. Infact, as he ages his vision became clearer and clearer. He became greedy and even more power hungry than ever. :wink: