• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Reddit] This is the kind of toxic trash PAP imports to create jobs for sinkies. Yann Follain of WY-TO architects

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal

Local architectural/design firm ran by a French guy startswithWYandendswithTO

No aircon in the office (too cheap to turn the aircon on by default, with glass doors wide open despite the construction noise from opposite)

No printers/printing (insane for a design focused practice)

Extremely micromanagey (you HAVE to schedule a meeting individually with him at the end of the day before you leave to go through what you’ve done that day, and this causes people to leave the office late waiting for other coworkers to be done) EDIT: AND oh yes I forgot, you MUST go to his office and greet him when you’ve arrived and before leaving

Makes use of cheap interns from aboard and locally to do most of the work every 3-6 months, causing expertise to be lost every time there’s a turnover

Senior staff dont get to make simple design decisions without consulting him first

6.Poor delegation of tasks and poor understanding of responsibilities; was asked to work on M&E stuff despite not being trained as one and working the design DIRECTLY on a BIM software (an insane way to iterate designs during design phase; other firms usually use sketchup or cad)

Heard bad stories about him from another firm I joined after quitting (very very ngiao towards contractors, consultants etc, and very anal about tiny details to the detriment of the project)

Makes everyone water the numerous potted plants, using a hosereel from one of the toilets, outside the office as if you’re a cleaner

Old and poorly maintained office equipment like moldy mousepads that gave me a weird allergic reaction/rash

I have so much more horror stories from other firms I’ve joined and quit, but it feels like this one has to be the worst. I’m just glad I’m no longer in the construction industry. Ironically, the best firm (relatively) is one managed by locals, but the clients that they usually work with are the government, so that’s an entire nightmare separately.