• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Man Utd striker scores with bicycle kick on debut

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36932676

Watch new Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic score with a bicycle kick on his Manchester United debut against Galatasaray in Saturday's pre-season friendly in his home country, Sweden.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes Manchester United have "something big on the go" after scoring a bicycle-kick on his first Red Devils appearance.

Ibrahimovic, 34, met Antonio Valencia's cross with a typically athletic volley as United beat Galatasaray 5-2.

The Turkish side then bossed the remainder of the half and led thanks to goals from Sinan Gumus and Bruma.

But a much-changed United side turned the match around through Wayne Rooney (2), Marouane Fellaini and Juan Mata.
And Swedish striker Ibrahimovic believes the future is bright for the Red Devils, who continue to be linked with a £100m move for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.

"There is something big on the go, it's going to be very interesting this year," he said. "Let us say that if Pogba comes too, it's going to be very interesting.
He added: "I'm going to help the team as much as I can and do what I'm good at, creating chances and scoring goals."

Jose Mourinho used 22 players and will leave Gothenburg with as many questions as answers as he ponders his starting XI for next Sunday's Community Shield match which sees his FA Cup winners face champions Leicester at Wembley.

Ibrahimovic led the line in the first half, with Rooney behind him and Anthony Martial and Henrikh Mkhitaryan either side.

But half-time replacements Marcus Rashford, Ashley Young and Jesse Lingard looked far sharper and led to United's revival after a sleepy first 45 minutes.

Rooney equalised with a clean volley from another Valencia cross before Rashford won a penalty with an individual run from near halfway, and captain Rooney converted. Valencia then made another goal as Fellaini drifted a header into the corner and Mata - who was sold by Mourinho at Chelsea - collected Michael Carrick's clever ball to slide in.

World Cup winner Bastian Schweinsteiger - one of nine players reportedly told that they can leave the club this week - did not feature.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho:
"If the players were not in my plans I would not give them one single minute, I would not keep them in my squad.
"The squad is very competitive, the squad is very important for the season.

"We have 38 matches in the Premier League, we have the possibility of 15 matches in the Europa League, plus domestic cups, we are going to play 60 matches. So with 60 matches we cannot do it with 11 players.

"To be in the squad you have to understand that the squad is more important than the individual, the club is more important than all of us, and to be in the squad you have to be ready for this, to play, not to play, play a lot, play less, play 90 minutes, play one minute, not be selected, everything is part of a squad life."

Manchester United: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimovic. Subs: Johnstone, Romero, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Young, Memphis, Rashford.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the last match, Valencia look like a recharged man. He has earned himself a first team berth. Mata did himself no harm by scoring that goal following a sleek move. But I fear it won't earn him a starting berth, unless for some reason Pogba don't come. Juve n Man U pls check ur fax machines are working.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
attachment.php

Attachments

• zlatan.jpg
    zlatan.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 392

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the last match, Valencia look like a recharged man. He has earned himself a first team berth. Mata did himself no harm by scoring that goal following a sleek move. But I fear it won't earn him a starting berth, unless for some reason Pogba don't come. Juve n Man U pls check ur fax machines are working.

Someone has taught that dufus how to kick the ball again and play it early. It finally dawned upon Mou that he needs a CD.Sigh....while you are at it Mou, do make an effort to look for a second keeper.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone has taught that dufus how to kick the ball again and play it early. It finally dawned upon Mou that he needs a CD.Sigh....while you are at it Mou, do make an effort to look for a second keeper.

goalie is always a tricky position - where the first choice is seldom injured and need to play consistently to strike understanding with his defenders. Moreover, the playing lifespan can be very long.
Looking at Man U setup, David de Gea can be expected to be in first team as long as Mourniho is winning or unless Real Madrid comes with a determined bid.

Romero seems happy so far to collect his paycheck for doing nothing but i don't expect him to last past the 2016/2017 season before he start to look elsewhere or jeopardise his Argentina career. Ditto for Johnstone. Maybe tempt Casillas ? But i doubt he will play a second fiddle.

So I expect either you sign a super lao jiao goalie or find a developing one.

Anyways, its not the main priority this season.

Regarding CB, my only concern is it might stifle the development opportunity for Fosu no matter who he sign.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
goalie is always a tricky position - where the first choice is seldom injured and need to play consistently to strike understanding with his defenders. Moreover, the playing lifespan can be very long.
Looking at Man U setup, David de Gea can be expected to be in first team as long as Mourniho is winning or unless Real Madrid comes with a determined bid.

Romero seems happy so far to collect his paycheck for doing nothing but i don't expect him to last past the 2016/2017 season before he start to look elsewhere or jeopardise his Argentina career. Ditto for Johnstone. Maybe tempt Casillas ? But i doubt he will play a second fiddle.

So I expect either you sign a super lao jiao goalie or find a developing one.

Anyways, its not the main priority this season.

Regarding CB, my only concern is it might stifle the development opportunity for Fosu no matter who he sign.

Casillas is a trouble maker n Mou will never sign him. We do have an up n coming junior though but we really need someone good to challenge DeGea. CD is the key player that is missing. LVG didn't do anything to solve that problem. He can boast about the defensive record but by playing two defensive midfielders for the most part of the season, you would have at least expected that. It was at the expense of goals scored which didn't go unnoticed.

You can't rely on Smalling and most of all Jones. Besides being injury prone, the dun know how to command that area for inswing or outswing balls. Better an experience guy with good leadership. It will definitely enhance their chances of winning silverware. Fosu is unlikely to feature this season. Besides he's a better dm than a cd. Mou has to open his farking eyes.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bastian Schweinsteiger told to train with Man Utd reserves

Its seems increasingly likely that Bastian Schweinsteiger's days at Manchester United are numbered.

According to the Daily Mail, among other outlets, the Germany international has been asked to train with the club's reserves by manager Jose Mourinho.

The report goes on to claim that Mourinho has informed the 32-year-old, who arrived at United from Bayern Munich last summer, that he doesn't feature in his plans for next season.

AC Milan and Inter Milan are both reportedly interested in the World Cup winner and are monitoring his situation with the Red Devils.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-man-utd-reserves-4140567#s6xByeGoAkaY2aGF.99

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunderland boss Moyes: I believe I was treated unfairly by Man Utd

David Moyes has again suggested that he was not given a fair trial by Manchester United...................................

"I've said all along I was unfairly treated there. When you sign a six-year contract and you end up with 10 months ... yeah, I believe I was.

"I didn't win enough football matches but you must say there were mitigating circumstances. And I think you could say there are maybe things which have gone on since then that would actually justify that even more so.........................................

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...fairly-by-man-utd-4140574#uJY6zkUDvbKFePD4.99

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger could be set for shock Bayern Munich return

13:16, 2 Aug 2016
Updated 13:17, 2 Aug 2016
By Samuel Luckhurst

Schweinsteiger's transfer to United has not worked out as planned and Bayern chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has opened the door for a possible return

Bastian Schweinsteiger's ill-fated spell at Manchester United looks set to end this summer

Bayern Munich could be set to welcome Bastian Schweinsteiger back to the club just one year on from him leaving for Manchester United.

The 32-year-old joined United last July but endured a disappointing debut campaign at Old Trafford and is not in Jose Mourinho's plans ahead of the new season, the Manchester Evening News report.

Schweinsteiger spent 17 years at Bayern and is a legend at the club, having won eight Bundesliga titles in Bavaria as well as the 2013 Champions League, and the club's chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has admitted the door could be open for Schweinsteiger to return.

Rummenigge told German outlet Bild: "Should he [Schweinsteiger] speak in the future at some point about a desire to return then we will discuss it with him."

Schweinsteiger's former Bayern and Germany teammate, Philipp Lahm, is still club captain at the Allianz Arena and endorsed a potential homecoming for his friend.

"It is important to involve deserving players," Lahm added. "A man like him was predestined to work with the club, he knows everything and everyone."

Carlo Ancelotti has replaced Pep Guardiola as Bayern coach, however the squad is teeming with quality central midfielders in Thiago Alcantara, Javi Martinez, Xabi Alonso, Arturo Vidal and recent arrival Renato Sanches. Lahm and David Alaba are also adept in midfield.

New Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti already has a lot of options in midfield

United are open to selling Schweinsteiger, who was culled from Mourinho's 25-man senior squad last week and trained with Warren Joyce's youngsters, which included trialist Liando Martis. Tobi Schweinsteiger appeared to criticise United's treatment of his brother when he tweeted on Monday evening: 'No respect.'

Despite suggestions he could still be on honeymoon with his wife Ana Ivanovic, Schweinsteiger reported for training last Thursday with the rest of the United squad but was not among the 23 fit first-teamers training under Mourinho and his staff.

Schweinsteiger isn't in new United manager Mourinho's plans

United already possess four central midfielders in Michael Carrick, Morgan Schneiderlin, Marouane Fellaini and Ander Herrera, while Paul Pogba is expected to complete his protracted transfer this week.

Both AC Milan and Internazionale are believed to be keen on Schweinsteiger, who would have to take a huge wage cut if he does leave. The Bayern Munich great is said to earn around £200,000-a-week at United.

Schweinsteiger made 21 starts and 10 substitute appearances last season, but managed just four cameos in the last four months of the campaign as he struggled with a knee injury.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Schweini should return to Bavaria if the opportunity arises. He was a great player in his heday but has lost his way somewhat due to injuries sustained even before the arrival of Pep. He never seemed to be able to recover or rediscover his fitness and form since. Pep simply refused to play him because he was out of shape and that was when Alonso and then Vidal arrived as suitable replacement for the German.

He brought with him invaluable experience and leadership to United but displayed very little of the qualities for which he was hired. Sad to say that even LVG, the Dutch discipline master failed to impressed upon him and dare I say his fitness went from appalling to non-existent. He just couldn't cut it.

Why he was even allowed by LVG to travel across Europe to support his GF in tennis competitions despite his reported 'serious' injury was beyond me. He could have lend his support and show leadership in the dressing room at a time when United was in a crisis of sorts and that would have helped even in small ways. His heart simply wasn't with the club.

To say that United didn't show any respect for the player by many quarters is pure whimsical rubbish!!. In fact one could easily say it was the other way around. Let's just put this bad episode behind us. If blame is to be apportioned, the buck should stop with the manager, pure and simple.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can also grab Fellaini while he's at it.

Are you sure you're not a Man U fan?:smile: It's not a crime to be one in this thread. Anyway, agree but I dun think the afro head wants to leave and I am very certain if given a choice, he would opt to stay.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd: Wayne Rooney testimonial to make Facebook history

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36960270

Wayne Rooney's testimonial match between Manchester United and Everton on Wednesday will make history as the first ever game between Premier League teams to be streamed live on Facebook.

It will be available to 1.7bn people on the platform worldwide via Rooney's and the Manchester United Facebook pages.
Proceeds will be distributed to Rooney's four chosen charities.

The game at Old Trafford, between Rooney's only two professional clubs, marks his 12 years' service at United.
Rooney said: "I am delighted my testimonial game will be streamed globally, which will hopefully raise awareness and increase donations."

It is expected to mark the first home appearances for Jose Mourinho's three summer signings; Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Eric Bailly.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you sure you're not a Man U fan?:smile: It's not a crime to be one in this thread. Anyway, agree but I dun think the afro head wants to leave and I am very certain if given a choice, he would opt to stay.

No sir, I follow all clubs in the EPL but I support QPR (who've had a tough couple of years since getting relegated).

However, I'm happy to engage in discussion with serious footie fans like yourself.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the wait for that 'man' is still ongoing..
Set, match and game now :p Btw, that pic looks like rear of some1 I know :o

Paul Pogba Manchester United transfer set to be announced

Paul Pogba is Jose Mourinho's fourth Manchester United signing and will be announced as the world's most expensive footballer. Manchester United are set to announce the word record signing of Paul Pogba from Juventus.

United concluded a deal for Pogba while he holidayed in the United States and it is understood Pogba will officially be unveiled before the Premier League season starts.

Jose Mourinho wanted the £100million deal concluded by the end of this week and United have succeeded in doing so, having already agreed personal terms with Pogba's agent Mino Raiola almost a month ago.

Pogba, 23, decided to rejoin United a fortnight ago and his move was finalised exactly four years to the day since his Old Trafford departure was confirmed by Sir Alex Ferguson.

Mourinho vetoed a move for Miralem Pjanic earlier in the summer to prioritise signing Pogba. Pjanic moved to Juventus from Roma in a move which has worked to United's advantage.

Pogba was understood to prefer a move to Real Madrid but Raiola advised him on rejoining United . Zinedine Zidane lobbied Real president Florentino Perez to sign Pogba but the Champions League winners were reluctant to match United's fee.

United are understood to have agreed personal terms with Raiola in early July and reached a breakthrough in negotiations with Juventus over Raiola's commission last week.

United have already clinched the signings of Eric Bailly, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, and Mourinho confirmed M.E.N. Sport's story in May he wanted to strengthen four positions during his maiden press conference.

"We made a nucleus of four priorities, four positions, priorities," he explained. "To give a certain balance to the squad, to give a certain push in terms of quality, and the qualities that I need, that I want, as we know especially with the ones with more vision."

Mourinho outlined his desire to have his fourth signing in before next week's Premier League opener at Bournemouth.
"We are going to sign one more player that's for sure," Mourinho said ahead of Wayne Rooney's testimonial. "I don't want to speak about Paul because he's a Juventus player and I don't like other managers to speak about my players and I don't speak about their players.
"The reality is we’re going to sign one more player, the market closes, as you know, August 31.
"So, we have plenty of time to do that but I would like to do that before the Premier League starts."

attachment.php

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-pogba-11703348

Attachments

• pogba.jpg
    pogba.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 263