• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recruitment of Local Policemen In Singapore - Why Is "Anyone" Acceptable.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And we would become millionaires within a decade with the right posting.

I have a pilot friend. He told me too tall, above 1.7m. disqualified, cause cumbersome to fit jetfighter cockpit. Too short, below 1.65m. also disqualified, hands and legs may not be long enough to react to controls and pedals in time. I fucked him upside down. Why didn't tell me earlier? I'd sign on air force instead of police force.

Erhnam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ideally they should. But the screening unit involved just can't cope. They screen the entire civil service and some other key entities. Cat 1A? You must have been a civil servant to know that. Most others baru know or heard of Cat 1.

There are more than 1 screening "units", in fact cleared by all diff "units". Hence tapping only during clearance and not during service. Y else the sex scandals all coming out? Tats just my guess though. Understandably the ones in the know not clarifying nor denying so.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are more than 1 screening "units", in fact cleared by all diff "units". Hence tapping only during clearance and not during service. Y else the sex scandals all coming out? Tats just my guess though. Understandably the ones in the know not clarifying nor denying so.

Trust me, only 1 unit. They screen you against CRO, PID and ISD records. They may also interview your character referees. The hardworking ones will interview someone connected to you but not listed as a character referee. Not possible to tap unless there is a real need for that coz, don't forget, many entities 'rent' this service. In fact, just simple screening and they aren't coping.

Erhnam

Alfrescian
Loyal
tats the multiple "units" i was talking about, or across multiple databases. tats the reason y clearance takes a while.

so cat 1a is the highest? heard got cat 2, cat 1s, etc. for more senior ones, do they only screen against records/interviews only?

thanks for filling in the gap!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tats the multiple "units" i was talking about, or across multiple databases. tats the reason y clearance takes a while.

so cat 1a is the highest? heard got cat 2, cat 1s, etc. for more senior ones, do they only screen against records/interviews only?

thanks for filling in the gap!

No problem, bro. Highest clearance meant only for intel personnel. Some chaps I knew seepay excited when reading "Secret' documents. Knna, that's one of the lowest classification in a real intel entity. 2 more to go after "Secret".

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police recruitment was very troublesome and tedious in my time, they could afford to be choosy since unlike army having to take in everybody who nobody else (inc. navy and airforce) wants. You must not be too tall, you must not be too short, you must have BMI within range, you must pass IPPT at least bronze. If your physical and academic results looked too good, send back to CMPB for them decide, whether to earmark for police OCT or army OCS. The tallest policeman I've seen was JXL. Shit (sorry), a liability in a small Jap Toyota patrol car when mobility and agility matter most in case of emergency, too tall! I don't know how he got in, probably with poly dip. and auto cpl. promo. But frankly, he's a nice gentleman and officer. I always call him the gentle giant baby. :biggrin:

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think that is a height restriction even for the SAF. The only vocation that is known for height restriction is jockey.

Police recruitment was very troublesome and tedious in my time, they could afford to be choosy since unlike army having to take in everybody who nobody else (inc. navy and airforce) wants. You must not be too tall, you must not be too short, you must have BMI within range, you must pass IPPT at least bronze. If your physical and academic results looked too good, send back to CMPB for them decide, whether to earmark for police OCT or army OCS. The tallest policeman I've seen was JXL. Shit (sorry), a liability in a small Jap Toyota patrol car when mobility and agility matter most in case of emergency, too tall! I don't know how he got in, probably with poly dip. and auto cpl. promo. But frankly, he's a nice gentleman and officer. I always call him the gentle giant baby. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried to enrol in Thai Tourist Police, just try for fun, with my police resume and English proficiency. Interview lasted hardly 5 minutes, disqualified as long as not born in Thailand no matter how fit I am or how good my Thai and English are. The interviewing colonel even laughed and disturbed me that I should know well, why go disturb him? I said, no lah, my Thai GF asked me to find a job in Thailand cause her shop got bombed and now we got no shop and no shop. The police colonel was a nice chap. He said, I see, come, I can't offer you a job but tonight seafood and drink on me, come along but don't bring your GF along. There'd be plenty of girls there enough already. Of course, I went along. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think that is a height restriction even for the SAF. The only vocation that is known for height restriction is jockey.

Trust me, there's a height limit (on both short and and high sides) on the wall of old PA recruitment office. Jockeying is stricter of course (betting is always more serious than policing) for the weight on and aerodynamics of the speeding horse rode by the jockey. Equalisation knew that best but he's dead. If Mdm. Tang is free to drop by again, she may explain that to you if ask nicely.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried to enrol in Thai Tourist Police, just try for fun, with my police resume and English proficiency. Interview lasted hardly 5 minutes, disqualified as long as not born in Thailand no matter how fit I am or how good my Thai and English are. The interviewing colonel even laughed and disturbed me that I should know well, why go disturb him? I said, no lah, my Thai GF asked me to find a job in Thailand cause her shop got bombed and now we got no shop and no shop. The police colonel was a nice chap. He said, I see, come, I can't offer you a job but tonight seafood and drink on me, come along but don't bring your GF along. There'd be plenty of girls there enough already. Of course, I went along. :biggrin:

Ah ram your thai proficiency no good lah. Proven when i posted that thai audio clip. You don't really know how to speak thai.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

volunteers thai tourist police do not need to be born in thai ...:wink:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the early period, when the ang-mors ruled this tiny island, policemen were all burly, tall and fit.
Today it is a world of a difference.
Anyone possessiing "paper quaslifications"is accepted within the ranks.
What could be the main reason?

Here is the real reason.Please read between the lines of the excerpt as below

Not long after this problem, at 4pm on Tuesday, Feb 1, 1966, Goh Keng
Swee suddenly came to my office at City Hall with the troubling news
that rioting had broken out at an army training depot at Shenton Way,
next to the Singapore Polytechnic.

When he learnt to his astonishment that 80 per cent of recent recruits
to all units were Malays, Keng Swee had given instructions that all
recruitment and training should cease and the position be frozen

The major assembled everyone in the parade square, asked the
non-Malays to fall out and told the Malays that they were dismissed.

For a few minutes the Malays were dumbfounded at this discrimination.

When they had recovered from the shock, bedlam broke out as they
attacked the non-Malays with poles, sticks and aerated water bottles,
burnt two motorcycles, damaged a scooter and overturned a van.

A police patrol car, responding to an emergency call, drove into a
barrage of bottles and could not get past the overturned van.

A fire-engine that arrived later was similarly attacked.

A huge crowd gathered along Shenton Way to watch.

Polytechnic students left their classes for a bird's-eye view of the
melee from the balconies and rooftop.

At about 2.45pm, the riot squad arrived in their vans and lobbed
tear-gas canisters into the crowd.

Then, specially-trained riot police moved in, captured the rioters,
bundled them into police vans, and took them across the road to the
CID (Criminal Investigation Department) building.

They were held at the CID quadrangle pending instrucions on whether to
charge them and refuse bail, or to let them off on bail.

Keng Swee feared that if they were allowed to go, they would start a
riot between Malays and Chinese when they got home to Geylang Serai
and other Malay areas and spread the story of how they had been
dismissed.

I immediately called the British High Commissioner, John Robb, to my
office.

I asked him to alert the British military commander in case
inter-communal riots got out of hand as the Singapore police and army
were still nearly all Malays who would sympathise with the rioters.

I told him that I intended to go to the CID building to sort out the
problem myself.

If it was possible to defuse it, I would let them go home, otherwise,
they might have to be charged and held on remand.

In that case, some 365 families would miss their sons that night and
rumorswould spread throughout Singapore of the Malays being
oppressed.

John Robb said he would report the matter but was careful to point out
that British forces could not interfere in an internal security
problem.

I said the commander-in-chief or the officer in charge of the British
garrison should ensure that British troops were ready to prevent
rioters from becoming uncontrollable and turning against the white
families, as they had in the religious riot involving a Dutch girl in

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Still got written test must pass leh. I took it and pass. I was selected to go medical checkup for pilot selection. Only about 4 in each company.

Of course I fail the medical lah. Overweight and lung capacity not big enough...If not now, I piak piak different stewardess everyday...

I have a pilot friend. He told me too tall, above 1.7m. disqualified, cause cumbersome to fit jetfighter cockpit. Too short, below 1.65m. also disqualified, hands and legs may not be long enough to react to controls and pedals in time. I fucked him upside down. Why didn't tell me earlier? I'd sign on air force instead of police force.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
volunteers thai tourist police do not need to be born in thai ...:wink:

can also volunteer Immigration Police.......cannot carry guns no fuck use......and depending where you are you dun even get to wear the uniform.
kns only a glorified tour guide or medic nia........

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the real reason.Please read between the lines of the excerpt as below

The PAP Leegime don't trust Malays in those days after the humiliation Lee Kuan Yew had been subjected to by the Malaysians. Things are different now I am sure as I just woke up from a bad sleep.:*: Malays are as trustworthy as Chinese.:smile: Or are they?:eek: Let hear it from the dumfuck forum moderator Jah_rasta_far_I.:wink: