• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recruit Toolan with instructor during Live firing

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

SDF recruit sent to prosecutors over shooting that left 2 dead​

Today 04:32 pm JST 7 Comments

TOKYO

A Ground Self-Defense Force recruit was referred to prosecutors Thursday on suspicion of murder a day after shooting three of his instructors during a live-fire training exercise in central Japan, killing two of them.

The incident occurred during an indoor exercise at a firing range in Gifu on Wednesday morning. Investigative sources said the 18-year-old recruit told police he opened fire after being admonished by a 52-year-old instructor, and that he was only targeting one of the three men who were shot.

According to the GSDF, the shooting appears to have occurred shortly after the assault rifle firing exercise began. Prefectural and GSDF police forces are continuing to investigate the details of the case.

The shooting occurred at around 9:10 a.m. on Wednesday and the 52-year-old and a 25-year-old later died at a hospital, while another instructor was wounded in his left leg, according to the GSDF.

The police said the recruit has denied intentionally killing the 25-year-old instructor, saying he fired at him because he tried to intervene.

The recruit was initially arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder, with the police later upgrading the charge to murder. He was sent to the prosecutors on a charge related to the shooting of the 25-year-old.

The training session involved approximately 120 personnel, including some 70 recruits, according to the GSDF, and was planned to start with a safety training component at around 8 a.m. The live shooting section was scheduled to start at about 9 a.m.

In a press conference on the day of the shooting, Gen. Yasunori Morishita, chief of staff of the GSDF, said the trainee joined the GSDF in April and belonged to the same regiment as the three senior personnel in charge of training.

© KYODO
https://japantoday.com/category/crime/sdf-recruit-sent-to-prosecutors-over-shooting-that-left-2-dead

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore had this happen too. I remember in the early 90s that 1 fat recruit was so depressed because he kanna takan during his BMT and when it was live firing time in the range, he kill the BMT PC and then killed himself. No news from local propaganda media of course. This is why nowadays, during BMT you have instructors watching out for those recruits who display signs of depression and will get a consultation to see if they are at risk of committing suicide and or murder.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember before that incident there is no Orientation Officer De in early 90s
Singapore had this happen too. I remember in the early 90s that 1 fat recruit was so depressed because he kanna takan during his BMT and when it was live firing time in the range, he kill the BMT PC and then killed himself. No news from local propaganda media of course. This is why nowadays, during BMT you have instructors watching out for those recruits who display signs of depression and will get a consultation to see if they are at risk of committing suicide and or murder.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiagong, last time got a 377 BBFA recruit sneaked into company line after light off and perform a BJ on the Yandao officer fe woh

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall a pte,who was regularly ill-treated and punished (tekaned) , shot the Range Conducting Officer LTA at firing range.The pte was charged for murder and hanged.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall a pte,who was regularly ill-treated and punished (tekaned) , shot the Range Conducting Officer LTA at firing range.The pte was charged for murder and hanged.
That was happening around 1990s... I remembered after that the mod the procedure for unload check clear in presence of officer