• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rat Infestation Just Beside Bukit Batok MRT Station.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: 1,000 Likes for a By-Election in Hougang shared Karen Koh's video.

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152702348978300" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152702348978300">Post</a> by Karen Koh.</div></div>

BUKIT BATOK STRAYS:

I hope this video proves that the more strays are caught and killed the more pest you get in returned. I feed the BB Strays whenever i passby, i can only say that they were so hungry they wiped out the food in less than 1min. They fight over food for survival, you can see in the video that the younger puppies or weaker ones will usually lose out and had to eat rats instead. How can they say that the strays are leaving food rubbish and caused the infestation of rats?? They don't even have eoungh food to eat! They're all starving!! Infact the strays are helping to eat up the rats! It is clear that the rats started to outnumber the strays because the strays were all caught and taken away. Please help to tag and share this post to clear the name of the innocent strays. STOP TAKING AWAY INNOCENT LIVES!! Please make it VIRAL! Even my little 4yrs old pity the strays.

Note: This video was taken by me and i have no left over food to clear (they ate every single bit) i just have to throw the paper base away.

End Of Article​

10394051_761176323935685_8779212476995319425_n.png

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: Purely Adoptions

I would like to share with you my experience with stray feeding. This is a very committed and dedicated task where feeders will carry the heavy food and water, walk a long distance and feed these hungry dogs.
They will selflessly do this 7 days a week, 365 days a year. After everyday stress and problems at work, these feeders will prepare the food and pack them neatly for the night feeding.
They know every strays by their name, the characteristics and behavior of each of them. These humans are determine to ensure that their charges are well fed before they will leave for home. About 12 midnight, they will complete the feeding.
There is a system with regards to any leftover food. These stray feeders will wait till the dogs have eaten and they will collect back the newspapers, containers and remaining food.
The Bukit Batok rat infestation saga is NOT due to the stray feeding activities. Please read the post from Dr Tan Cheng Bock. He has highlighted that there have been too many eateries around the Bukit Batok MRT. The piles of food left over at the rubbish chutes is the main reasons for the influx of rats.
He also mentioned that in the London Underground study prior to building our Spore MRT, there must be buffer zone between food centre and the train station.
Please read his post on Dr Tan Cheng Bock FB

10407113_10152591135616295_1219531099022085556_n.jpg

10390502_10152591135966295_9074252045072260927_n.jpg

10407257_10152591136141295_5672613811940537122_n.jpg

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: Dr. Tan Cheng Bock Facebook

Rats, Food and MRT Stations.
I have written on this subject before but recent rat colonies found near Bukit Batok MRT Station prompted me to revisit this issue.The photo below of rats caught by pest control unit so close to Bukit Batok MRT station is a warning sign of more things to come if we do not take measures to control food disposal.With so many food establishments so close to the station as shown in the 2nd photo there will come a day when these rats will be found hiding and nesting within our underground stations.

When l was studying the London Underground before we started building our MRT we were advised not have food on trains and that, there should be a buffer zone between food shops and the MRT stations.The no food and eating rule in the trains was instituted and no food shops were allowed close to the stations.

However overtime, policy changed and l can see food shops even close to the entrance to the stations. Bukit Batok is one example where food shops are very close to the stations.
Rats thrive on food waste so they tend to nest close to these outlets.They bred fast and grind their teeth on firm materials including our underground cables leading to short circuits and train disruptions in future.

There are so many ways to manage this.The most important is to deprive them food.Thus we citizens must understand this and and discard food waste properly at home and at food establishments including hawker centres and markets...Also feeding of stray animals must be responsibily done by picking up any left overs and nothing is left behind for the rats to feed on..Policy on how far the buffer zone between food shops and stations must be reviewed.

It is a question of nipping the problem early or suffer the consequences of rat illness like leptospirosis and potential train disruptions in future.

10540533_744997858908085_110635463395607159_n.jpg

10846458_744997982241406_8988044301531534791_n.jpg

End Of Article​

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Amazing sinkie govt deploys many scdf men to cull rats at BB

not repelling, it is called 'rundown'.

HAHA, I think they wanted to kill 2 bird using 1 stone - practicing repelling with the trainees and sametime catch rats lah, else it does not make sense at all . I saw some old rag-and-bone ah ma climbing up that hill to feed dogs. This slope a lot of puppies :p

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
That multi colored hair butch who was someone classmate did otherwise........:(

Source: Purely Adoptions

........Please read the post from Dr Tan Cheng Bock. He has highlighted that there have been too many eateries around the Bukit Batok MRT. The piles of food left over at the rubbish chutes is the main reasons for the influx of rats.
He also mentioned that in the London Underground study prior to building our Spore MRT, there must be buffer zone between food centre and the train station.Please read his post on Dr Tan Cheng Bock FB

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: How come rat infested Bukit Batok scored green in estate cleanliness?

same like AIM..... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if it's non-papee ward, we can expect pages after pages in ENGINEERED TIMES and reports after reports on PAPEENEWSASIA.....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[Rabies Alert!] Stray dogs now eating disease bearing rats in Bt Batok!

Stray dogs seen eating rats at Bukit Batok

20141224_dogs_fb.jpg

<small class="clear">Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 10:39
</small>Stomp

Dog lovers have rebutted authorities, saying that the recent rats infestation near Bukit Batok MRT station was not caused by feeding stray dogs.

In a joint statement released on Thursday by the Housing Development Board (HDB), the National Environment Agency (NEA), the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA), and Jurong Town Council, it was suggested that the infestation was caused leftover food after feeding the strays in the area.

A Stomp reader alerted the citizen journalism website to a video posted by Facebook user Karen Koh, in which stray puppies were seen feasting on the rats.

The Facebook description pleads the case for the strays, saying that they have barely enough food to eat and have always finished what they were given.

In fact, they were so hungry they would eat the rats and help control the pest population.

Karen says in the video caption: "I feed the BB Strays whenever I pass by, i can only say that they were so hungry they wiped out the food in less than 1 min.

"They fight over food for survival, you can see in the video that the younger puppies or weaker ones will usually lose out and had to eat rats instead.

"How can they say that the strays are leaving food rubbish and caused the infestation of rats?? They don't even have enough food to eat! They're all starving!!

"In fact the strays are helping to eat up the rats!

"It is clear that the rats started to outnumber the strays because the strays were all caught and taken away."

She also clarified that there was no leftover food when she fed them and cleared the paper bases.

Last week, several commuters and Stomp readers spotted more than 30 rats scurrying about the grass patch next to the Bukit Batok MRT station.

Authorities had said, "Rodents will proliferate whenever food sources are available, due to improper disposal of food or leftovers from the feeding of strays. Rodent control measures will fail as long as the root cause is not resolved."

Star Pest Control deployed about 22 men were deployed to the area on Thursday, Dec 18, armed with rat traps and poison to clear the infestation.

The Facebook video was taken before rats were poisoned, thus the dogs were in no harm.

Visit STOMP for more stories.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [Rabies Alert!] Stray dogs now eating disease bearing rats in Bt Batok!

Will someone kenna bitten by a seow kao?

Rabid%20dog.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MND and PAP kelong?

Long zong kaki lang. You scratch my back, I scratch yours. You suck my cock, I suck yours.

PAP estates can do no wrong. Only WP estates are dangerous, dirty slum wastelands. :wink:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Rabies Alert!] Stray dogs now eating disease bearing rats in Bt Batok!

Who said the rats got diseases?

Anybody tested the rats for rabies?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because the residents are blind and stupid?