• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Raffles Institution, an incubator of consters...

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just fascinated with the number of high-class consters that come from the school...

1. Ming Yi
2. Durai
3. Kong Hee Fatt Choy
4. Rasif (?)

anymore to add?

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are not interested in petty crime. They go for the big, elaborate ones involving millions. If I were the authorities, I'll keep a close lookout for potential criminals in there. The cleverer they are, the more dangerous...

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are not interested in petty crime. They go for the big, elaborate ones involving millions. If I were the authorities, I'll keep a close lookout for potential criminals in there. The cleverer they are, the more dangerous...

Think you should look inside the Cabinet....................

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raffles Institution has produced seven out of twelve of Singapore's Presidents, Prime Ministers and Chief Ministers.

* Yusof Ishak, 1st President of Singapore (1959–1970)
* Benjamin Henry Sheares, 2nd President of Singapore (1971–1981)
* Wee Kim Wee, 4th President of Singapore (1985–1993)
* Lee Kuan Yew, 1st Prime Minister of Singapore (1959–1990), Senior Minister of Singapore (1990–2004), Minister Mentor of Singapore (2004–present)[7]
* Goh Chok Tong, 2nd Prime Minister of Singapore (1990–2004), Senior Minister of Singapore (2005–present)
* S Jayakumar, Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore and Minister for Law (2005–present)
* S Rajaratnam, Deputy Prime Minister (Foreign Affairs) of Singapore (1980–1984), Minister for Foreign Affairs (1965–1980), Minister for Culture (1968–1971), Senior Minister of Singapore (1985–1988).
* Abdullah Tarmugi, Speaker of the Parliament of Singapore (2002–present)
* Michael Chew Koon Chan, Baron Chan of Oxton, Merseyside, second person of Chinese descent to serve in the House of Lords
* Aziz Ishak, Malayan freedom fighter and former Malaysian cabinet minister
* Tun Sardon Jubir, former Malaysian cabinet minister and Penang state governor.
* Tun Abdul Razak, 2nd Prime Minister of Malaysia.
* Lim Yew Hock, 2nd Chief Minister, Singapore.
* Tan Cheng Lock, founder of the Malaysian Chinese Association, co-founder of independent Malaysia.

Businessmen and others:

* Robert Kuok, billionaire and richest man in Southeast Asia
* Lim Boon Keng, philanthropist and co-founder, OCBC Bank and Singapore Chinese Girls Schoool
* Lim Bo Seng, World War II hero
* Chandran Nair, writer, poet and artist.
* Alfian Sa'at, Writer, poet and playwright.
* Choor Singh, judge of the Supreme Court of Singapore (1963–1980)
* Tee Tua Ba, former Chief Commissioner of Police Force
* Tommy Koh, Ambassador-at-Large
* Robert Solomon, Bishop, Methodist Church

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffles_Institution_(Secondary)

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm more interested in the thieves, confidence tricksters, conmen, cheats, ... they have produced. Thanks for your list and the confirmation of my stance that most people who come from the "institution" are big time crooks. A lot of the people you have named are certainly impressive - only because they are the world's greates wolves cloaked in the guise of public service.

To be clear also, the people on your list are no world changers. What the fark has people like Tee Tua Ba, Tommy Koh... done to merit any kind of remembrance? What the fark have they achieved?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure but Loo Choon Beng aka Tua Pui Loo could be from RI. He is now wanted by both CPIB and CAD. A known personality in the bookmaking circuit in the 90s. Now operating a cruise ship for gambling purposes. Brother is boss of Raffles Medical.

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure but Loo Choon Beng aka Tua Pui Loo could be from RI. He is now wanted by both CPIB and CAD. A known personality in the bookmaking circuit in the 90s. Now operating a cruise ship for gambling purposes. Brother is boss of Raffles Medical.

Some slipped through, some got caught but all are big time crooks. The "Institution" is a nest where criminal minds are nurtured. Forget about religious schools promoting violence, here we have a school where brilliant minds congregate to cheat, con and steal.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some slipped through, some got caught but all are big time crooks. The "Institution" is a nest where criminal minds are nurtured. Forget about religious schools promoting violence, here we have a school where brilliant minds congregate to cheat, con and steal.

This fat Loo shows no mercy, not even to the ah peks and ah sohs. Where $ is involved, you can bet he will betray his mum too. He was intimately involved in syndicated bookmaking and was even arrested and detained in M'sia under its detention without trial section. Fatty Loo paid up 1 million (not sure if it was S$ or Ringgit) to self-release himself.

For a period of time, he was in hiding somewhere in Phillippines. My buddy told me Fat Loo changed liao, converted to Amen. I told my buddy if Fat Loo becomes a holy man, I be a monk.

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fat Loo shows no mercy, not even to the ah peks and ah sohs. Where $ is involved, you can bet he will betray his mum too. He was intimately involved in syndicated bookmaking and was even arrested and detained in M'sia under its detention without trial section. Fatty Loo paid up 1 million (not sure if it was S$ or Ringgit) to self-release himself.

For a period of time, he was in hiding somewhere in Phillippines. My buddy told me Fat Loo changed liao, converted to Amen. I told my buddy if Fat Loo becomes a holy man, I be a monk.

Farkers who go RI are very smart and know how to stealth. Kong Hee Fatt Choy, TT Durex, Ming Yi are solid proof.