• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quitters please fall in!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
UN Picks Best Place to Live: Norway
Thursday October 8, 2009

The Human Development Report, which is an independent report commissioned and published annually by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), has been updated for 2009. The top three ranked countries in the Human Development Index are, in order:
Norway
Australia
Iceland

The bottom three ranked countries this year are: Niger, Afghanistan and Sierra Leone, respectively.

In other words, a child born in Niger can expect to live to just over 50 years, which is 30 years less than a child born in Norway. Furthermore, the differences in per capita income are huge--for every dollar earned per person in Niger, US$85 are earned in Norway

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
God's creation...steam or not?

fjordboat.JPG

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No more MacDonalds in Iceland. Hurray!

Thursday October 8, 2009

The Human Development Report, which is an independent report commissioned and published annually by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), has been updated for 2009. The top three ranked countries in the Human Development Index are, in order:
Norway
Australia
Iceland

The bottom three ranked countries this year are: Niger, Afghanistan and Sierra Leone, respectively.

In other words, a child born in Niger can expect to live to just over 50 years, which is 30 years less than a child born in Norway. Furthermore, the differences in per capita income are huge--for every dollar earned per person in Niger, US$85 are earned in Norway

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmmm.. no wonder the PAPpies encourage the quitter wanabes to avoid Australia.. hahaha

Thursday October 8, 2009

Norway
Australia
Iceland

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thursday October 8, 2009

Norway
Australia
Iceland

I thought Iceland has gone bankrupt still best place to live in the world meh? What kind of a survey is this?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thursday October 8, 2009

Norway
Australia
Iceland

Norway and all the Scandinavian Country are always on the top of every list due to thier social welfarist policy. UN criteria is not what your typical Singaporean wants and the trend for people to avoid Australia these days in clear for everyone to see too.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Iceland has gone bankrupt still best place to live in the world meh? What kind of a survey is this?

Do you see Icelanders migrating or becoming economic refugees becaue their economy is bankrupt?

The kroners is devalued by half, but so long as there is no PAP to make life difficult for those Icelanders, I believe they will get by.

Like what the MacDonald's operator said, they will not miss the hamburger because the stores have closed. Their Icelander beef are better quality than the imported stuff.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada is #4 on the list and i can tell you its ALOT better than Norway or Australia, me having lived in Australia.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not in the major cities no. They are overcorwded. The govt prefers people to move to the outskirts which not many are doing.

What is happening in many developed countries such as America and Europe are people who live very far from their workplace. It is not uncommon to hear of Europeans driving 1-2hours to work and back. You get decent housing prices in these areas.

On the other hand, in WA, we have problems with one industry towns.
There are a number of ghost towns in WA, where people left after the mining company mothballed. It is difficult to justify having the local services running. Imagine building a hospital in a remote area - where is the justification should there be no work and everyone leave the town?

Think of America's rust belt.

That is why people are doing FIFO in Perth.
When I was working FIFO, my workplace is about 200km from the airport and I stayed in a donga.

Perhaps, that is why Perth airport has 4 domestic terminals and a separate "half" international terminal (12 km away :cool:)

All I can see is the urban density increasing over the years.

The problem of Aussie bland of politics is that no one dare to raise the hand and say, let's build a high-rise satelite shire 100km away serviced by a high-speed train and freeway. At least in Malaysia, Dr M, dare to create a Cyberjaya and that new Putrajaya.

Meanwhile, everyone know that they are squatting on "goldmine" (land) and RBA try to cool the property prices with high interest rates.