• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Questions about attending funeral in US

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, I am likely to represent my company to travel to US to attend a (potential) funeral of an industry veteran soon. The official objective is to know the composition of the new management and show my face, but in my heart, that person was quite helpful to me 10 year ago so I would really like to pay my respect. It was a career milestone working with him back then but we are no longer in direct-contact these days.

The family is white and location is somewhere in Virginia. I only know that the appropriate dress code is black suit, white shirt and black ties. May I ask if attendees will also give pek-khim? If yes, how should we pass the money to them? If not, otherwise, what should we bring along? Is there anything nice that I can do for the family?

Thank you for your kind advice.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if he’s a high level executive most likely his family will ask all gifts and donations to be given to charities of his choice. no cash “pek kim” in a white envelope. they’ll think it’s wierd and low crass.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he’s a high level executive most likely his family will ask all gifts and donations to be given to charities of his choice. no cash “pek kim” in a white envelope. they’ll think it’s wierd and low crass.

Yes, i think so too, just wasn't sure if pek kim is in their culture.
What kind of gift do u suggest? if give donation of his choice, will the family setup a donation box/counter?

Sorry, i no experience with such matters overseas.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, i think so too, just wasn't sure if pek kim is in their culture.
What kind of gift do u suggest? if give donation of his choice, will the family setup a donation box/counter?

Sorry, i no experience with such matters overseas.
they will normally provide the link to where to send your condolences and donations. either a check in the charity’s name or online transfer thru’ a site. info should be provided by family or mortuary or church that arranges everything. the company usually provides bereavement benefits (at least 5-figure) to cover funeral and end of life cost as part of basic ad&d coverage, so it’s not a financial burden to the family. that’s one good thing about u.s. companies. company benefits and insurance take care of any (work) accident, disabilities, death (total at least 6.9-figure) on top of life insurance.

Last edited:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
they will normally provide the link to where to send your condolences and donations. either a check in the charity’s name or online transfer thru’ a site. info should be provided by family or mortuary or church that arranges everything. the company usually provides bereavement benefits (at least 5-figure) to cover funeral and end of life cost as part of basic ad&d coverage, so it’s not a financial burden to the family. that’s one good thing about u.s. companies. company benefits and insurance take care of any (work) accident, disabilities, death (total at least 6.9-figure) on top of life insurance.
Thank you very much for sharing, appreciate your information.