• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tears for Leo: Hundreds of Florida cops hold heartbreaking funeral for hero K9

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

Tears for Leo: Hundreds of Florida cops hold heartbreaking funeral for hero K9, 4, who was shot in the line of duty while defending his handler from gunman, 44, as he hid in a backyard​

• Leo was shot by armed criminal Jeremy Bradsher on February 17 and died days later in hospital
  • His handler Justin Tortora praised his bravery and said 'because of Leo, three men went home that day'

Hundreds of Florida police officers turned out for the funeral of K9 Sheriff Leo who was shot by an 'evil man' while defending his handler and two other cops.

Sheriff's deputies were confronting 'violent, armed criminal' Jeremy Bradsher, 44, who was wanted in a battery case on February 17 when he opened fire on the officers in a back garden in Marion County, Florida.

Leo leapt to his handler's defense and 'charged directly' at Bradsher before he was shot. Cops then returned fire and killed Bradsher.

Speaking at Leo's funeral, his handler, MCSO Corporal Justin Tortora said: 'Because of Leo, three men went home that day, I truly believe that. The violence that was intended for us, Leo stood in our place.'

Leo was a four-year-old Belgian Shepherd.

Hundreds of officers, K9s and members of the public attended the memorial service on Monday

• Hundreds of officers, K9s and members of the public attended the memorial service on Monday
His handler and the chief gave emotional speeches

• His handler and the chief gave emotional speeches
Leo's handler's wife, Alesa Tortora wept after the service for Leo

• Leo's handler's wife, Alesa Tortora wept after the service for Leo
Speaking at Leo's funeral, his handler, MCSO Corporal Justin Tortora said: 'Because of Leo, three men went home that day.'

• Speaking at Leo's funeral, his handler, MCSO Corporal Justin Tortora said: 'Because of Leo, three men went home that day.'
Marion County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Robert Douglas, left, gives MCSO Corporal Justin Tortora a hug after he spoke

• Marion County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Robert Douglas, left, gives MCSO Corporal Justin Tortora a hug after he spoke

Tortora added: 'It was amazing to watch. It was the bravest thing I've ever seen in my life.'

He said: 'These are more than animals, they're more than animals to us. They're not just dogs.'

'They are truly our protectors and on Feb 17, that's what Leo did. On February 17, Leo and I were exactly where we were meant to be.

'I don't look back and say I wish I was on vacation, I don't look back and say "Hey, I wish somebody was there in our place", that's where we were supposed to be.

'We trained for thousands of hours for that moment, to face the person that others wouldn't want to face.

'Because of Leo, I've had 16 days with my wife, 16 days with my daughter.

'As sad as this day is, it was the best thing in my life to work with that dog, to hold his lead. It's the best years you'll ever have.

Leo and his handler MCSO Corporal Justin Tortora before his death on February 17

• Leo and his handler MCSO Corporal Justin Tortora before his death on February 17
Jeremy Bradsher shot and killed Leo while firing on officers on February 17

• Jeremy Bradsher shot and killed Leo while firing on officers on February 17
Leo was a four-year-old Belgian Shepherd

• Leo was a four-year-old Belgian Shepherd
'To have him in that backseat, it made everything just as it should be.'

The sheriff's department closed their offices for the funeral, which was attended by hundreds of officers, fellow K9 deputies and members of the public.

Announcing his death in February, Sheriff Billy Woods said: 'As most of you are aware, on Saturday morning, my deputies faced a violent, armed criminal.

'During the confrontation, this evil person shot K-9 Leo as Leo was responding to protect his handler and the other deputies.

'Leo did exactly what he was trained to do.... and that is to fearlessly defend and protect those deputies. To charge directly at danger.'

Hundreds of officers including fellow K9 deputies attended the funeral

• Hundreds of officers including fellow K9 deputies attended the funeral
His handler made an emotional speech and said Leo saved his life

• His handler made an emotional speech and said Leo saved his life
Members of the public also attended to honor Leo

• Members of the public also attended to honor Leo
After he was shot, Leo was rushed to a veterinary hospital, Woods said: 'Over the last few days, Leo maintained that fighting spirit.

'However, Leo’s injuries were too severe to overcome this morning, and his passing will be felt by all of us here in my office and in our community.

He added: 'Most of you do not know the unique bond that develops between the law enforcement K9 and their handler.

'That bond is what binds them to some extraordinary levels of loyalty, love, and unwavering determination.

'I would ask that in the coming days, weeks, and months, that you keep our K-9 team in your thoughts and prayers. They are going to need it. I said it yesterday, and I will say it again.'

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
actually with all the gunfire between the cops and the criminal, how we know it.isnt the cops who shot Leo?