• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was that a rare unit that got rented out?

According to someone I know, the rental at Imperia is not doing well. He's trying to sell his aunt's unit but also hardly any enquiries. High floor, good view and 1,800+ sq ft, about S$690k. Not sure if it's considered expensive or not.

A few of the high floor corner units, 2508sqft types. At 690k sgd, Ur aunts unit is a wee bit high.

Last edited:

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, even Tropez took a year plus to see units get taken up. Now at nite can see lots of units lighted up with occupants inside. For imperia it's only been 4mths since owners got their keys, it's still too early to say. But it's definitely a premium address. Good for expats.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was that a rare unit that got rented out?

According to someone I know, the rental at Imperia is not doing well. He's trying to sell his aunt's unit but also hardly any enquiries. High floor, good view and 1,800+ sq ft, about S$690k. Not sure if it's considered expensive or not.

The Imperia selling price by UEM was between RM750 to RM800 psf before any discounts. :smile:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not my aunt. Someone's aunt....

Oh, RM750-800 psf during launch? No wonder can't sell. The fella must be trying to make a good profit!

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised owners are selling PH condos at this moment when things aren't in place yet. More and more good news are coming. If they are selling @ RM 700-RM900psf for premium high floor units facing marina or sea I hope they don't shoot their own foot 5 years later when they enter PH for dinner

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep 2020 & beyond

I am surprised owners are selling PH condos at this moment when things aren't in place yet. More and more good news are coming. If they are selling @ RM 700-RM900psf for premium high floor units facing marina or sea I hope they don't shoot their own foot 5 years later when they enter PH for dinner

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe need the money, maybe got other plans, or maybe want to get out of the Iskandar market.

Based on my calculation, I think the aunty was trying to sell at about RM1100 psf. Doubt can move at this kind of price based on today's poor market sentiments.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Imperia selling price by UEM was between RM750 to RM800 psf before any discounts. :smile:

Imperia prices ranged from approx RM 550 psf for the low floor office block facing units to approx RM 800 psf for the very high floor public and private marina facing units. This was during the prelaunch around Sept / Oct 2011.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep 2020 & beyond

Probably they are staring down the barrel of rm11k/month for 5 years and baulking at paying almost 700,000 of mortgage payments in the hope things go well down the road.

I'm sure it will go well in 5 years, or I wouldn't be in the market, but it's not guaranteed.

5 years a lot could happen...sg market could tank spectacularly, along with HK and Aus as CN investors pull out as their own market turns down. Global house price bubble popping is not an outside bet but a real possibility.

Alternatively, you could see a very fractious MY election in 2018 with existing guys hanging on and the international inward investment drying up as people reassess the country...negatively. At the moment things are silly, it wouldn't take a huge amount for things to turn less amusing. Point is, there are real downside risks to balance against the sunny upsides.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're SURE it (PH) will go well in 5 years.... and "sg market could tank spectacularly, along with HK and Aus.... Global house price bubble popping is not an outside bet but a real possibility."

Your statements and guesses are all running wild! We can imagine a lot. Anyone can make predictions with no one being a God to confirm their certainty.

Based on facts and data alone, I'd say it's more likely for properties in Iskandar region within the next 5 years, be it Medini, PH or elsewhere, we should see price stagnation (or even reduction) for some time due to the huge oversupply coming up. How they will move after that is anybody's guess. But I think this is more likely to happen.

Despite the fall in RM and developers dangling carrots for their properties in Iskandar, the sales have been extremely slow. Investors and general buyers are wary. But for SG, the govt is holding tightly to the cooling measures with no end in sight. They know the moment they release some of their grip, there will be tons of people rushing in to buy. As it is, even with those measures, recent sales have been robust. This speaks a lot about the different sentiments at both sides, SG and Iskandar.

Probably they are staring down the barrel of rm11k/month for 5 years and baulking at paying almost 700,000 of mortgage payments in the hope things go well down the road.

I'm sure it will go well in 5 years, or I wouldn't be in the market, but it's not guaranteed.

5 years a lot could happen...sg market could tank spectacularly, along with HK and Aus as CN investors pull out as their own market turns down. Global house price bubble popping is not an outside bet but a real possibility.

Alternatively, you could see a very fractious MY election in 2018 with existing guys hanging on and the international inward investment drying up as people reassess the country...negatively. At the moment things are silly, it wouldn't take a huge amount for things to turn less amusing. Point is, there are real downside risks to balance against the sunny upsides.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're SURE it (PH) will go well in 5 years.... and "sg market could tank spectacularly, along with HK and Aus.... Global house price bubble popping is not an outside bet but a real possibility."

Your statements and guesses are all running wild! We can imagine a lot. Anyone can make predictions with no one being a God to confirm their certainty.

Based on facts and data alone, I'd say it's more likely for properties in Iskandar region within the next 5 years, be it Medini, PH or elsewhere, we should see price stagnation (or even reduction) for some time due to the huge oversupply coming up. How they will move after that is anybody's guess. But I think this is more likely to happen.

Despite the fall in RM and developers dangling carrots for their properties in Iskandar, the sales have been extremely slow. Investors and general buyers are wary. But for SG, the govt is holding tightly to the cooling measures with no end in sight. They know the moment they release some of their grip, there will be tons of people rushing in to buy. As it is, even with those measures, recent sales have been robust. This speaks a lot about the different sentiments at both sides, SG and Iskandar.

SG price: S$ 1200 psf = RM 3,600 psf (Less chance of affordability, smaller unit)
Iskandar price: RM 800 psf (high chance of affordability, bigger unit)

Risk profile is different for own stay or for investment. One size does not fit all.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True, even Tropez took a year plus to see units get taken up. Now at nite can see lots of units lighted up with occupants inside. For imperia it's only been 4mths since owners got their keys, it's still too early to say. But it's definitely a premium address. Good for expats.

never use tropez as reference, later

will be accused of comparing ponggol with sentosa cove.

foochoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody following the latest news by SUTL and UEM to further develop PH? More facilities in PH which will be good.

Heard also that Pinewood studio is renting at Somerset PH....

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just a two part statement...my hunch is things will go well. But there are real risks to the global economy...it's not like 2003 where you had a good feel that things were stable and improving.

Frankly, I'm not bothered which way it goes. I've no leverage and am just looking forward to decorating my man caves as an occasional weekend retreat and a base to maintain in Asia if I ever leave the region. Hopefully I won't lose money in the long term: I'll see when it arrives.