• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
because EB is BRDB and the houses are large.
the 1.4M indicative that bro rocks posted is 24x75 2 story link house only, and probably not near or facing the sea.

Ehm...1.4mio for terrace.... A bit optimistic ??? Horizon terrace around 1mio...Avira launched their terrace btw 1.3-1.35mio at Medini recently and very poor take up rate.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ehm...1.4mio for terrace.... A bit optimistic ??? Horizon terrace around 1mio...Avira launched their terrace btw 1.3-1.35mio at Medini recently and very poor take up rate.

yeah i know .. sound a bit ex.
but my opinion.. this one.. got people buy. is freehold and uem project @ PH. got a lot of ppl with money.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
when u hv limited funds, u sort of hv to decide which best to do.
i think i didnt do badly as then spore property was even hotter.
in fact in terms of currency exchanges i think it was better investing
in spore.

I am sure Singapore property market cheong as fast as Iskandar in the past 5 years as my profits in Singapore were around S$400K per house and in Iskandar it is about RM 1m for each house. So to me the capital appreciation is more or less the same.

Now with so much more supply flooding into Singapore and the Spore govt scare to lose, I am sure in the long term, Iskandar got the slight edge as its still pretty much empty land and undeveloped.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
For investment purposes foreigner participation is critical.
Also anyone know whether E&O plan to have a show house available for viewing.?
I am curious about their design and quality of fittings.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supply will drive prices down.
But I think the coastal area will hold its prices due to the limited type of coastal area for development

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supply will drive prices down.
But I think the coastal area will hold its prices due to the limited type of coastal area for development

U haven't seen how Reflection in SG caused a lot of buyers to bleed 5-6 figure losses in SGD per unit. These owners are bleeding more now after TDSR n ABSD kicked in.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
U haven't seen how Reflection in SG caused a lot of buyers to bleed 5-6 figure losses in SGD per unit. These owners are bleeding more now after TDSR n ABSD kicked in.

I can't agree more. Even recent examples like Sky Habitat, D'Leedon & Panorama all with reduced launch prices up to 15-20% cheaper. If prices drop further, the banks will force sale. And they might suffer a double whammy if it is forced sale within the Additional Seller Stamp Duty Period.

Now many are still in self denial... Telling me if u hold long enough, you k ride through all kinds of volatility..

Well.. Not for some 99 years ones I have seen. Take Bishan for example, I know some Bishan condos are sold for as high as SGD1200psf in the 1996 peak. They have suffered the crash since then, for those who are able to hold it till today have yet to break even when Sky Habitat are launching at record SGD1600-1700psf. And sadly the window period is short, prices are reduced now by 15-20%. It is the same thing as what the initial buyers of Sky Habitat & Panorama are thinking.. Self denial & just hold long term lor.

They are not the worse.. Those whom buy 99 years from Far East's freehold projects.. And those whom buy SGD1k SPF prices for 60 yr projects..good luck.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sometimes you ask yourself all these questions.
What is your investment strategy? Buy and hope price rise? Just follow the crowd? Sure profit and flip?

My thoughts are:
1. Buy the property as if this is your home and you are going to stay in it.
2. Buy as long as you can afford it with minimal pressure on your existing commitment.
3. Don't think you will make money instantly. Treat it as a unit trust account. It is long term investment. It is not a flipping tool.
4. Never never buy simply cos your neighbour bought. Even if it is a sure make money project, walk away if you can't get a choice unit.
5. Property investment is every man for himself. Everyone will tell you his is the best. Do your own analysis.
6. Last but not least, you must enjoy your investment. If it grief you so much eg stretching too thin or an implused buy, it is better not to buy.

My 2 cents worth...but everyone differs. :smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is your investment strategy? Buy and hope price rise? Just follow the crowd? Sure profit and flip?

My thoughts are:
2. Buy as long as you can afford it with minimal pressure on your existing commitment.
3. Don't think you will make money instantly. Treat it as a unit trust account. It is long term investment. It is not a flipping tool.
4. Never never buy simply cos your neighbour bought. Even if it is a sure make money project, walk away if you can't get a choice unit.
5. Property investment is every man for himself. Everyone will tell you his is the best. Do your own analysis.
6. Last but not least, you must enjoy your investment. If it grief you so much eg stretching too thin or an implused buy, it is better not to buy.

Yr thoughts are same as my wifey. I luv u. Lolz. :biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

My thoughts are:

Iskandar property market is in a flux now. Not all water-front properties are safe. Don't buy too much air space when land space is still plenty in Johor. Buy with care, even for own stay.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar property market is in a flux now. Not all water-front properties are safe. Don't buy too much air space when land space is still plenty in Johor. Buy with care, even for own stay.

Landed is great but landed with security gated and guarded is even more important.
You do not just buy the physical house structure. You buy good neighburs, good security and good environment.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed is great but landed with security gated and guarded is even more important.
You do not just buy the physical house structure. You buy good neighburs, good security and good environment.

well said! that's why sometimes, buy a slightly more expensive house in a more upmarket precinct is better. also, for own stay, buying subsale is not too bad an idea, since you can roughly gauge better who your neighbours are. :smile: