• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To what I understand is the State consent takes around 3 months. But I have one that takes more than 5 months.

Those who wants to get it approved as quick as 3 months use "runners" and it cost some money but I have no idea how much for this.

Hee hee, mine was approved in 2 weeks because of runners but I did not pay for the service.:biggrin:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually given what I think of the Malaysian govt right now, I hope they will reject my state consent and return me my monies. I dun mind losing some of the transaction costs. would prefer to take my money elsewhere.

With the new changes I think it is no more the usual 3 months if you start applying for it now. They probably have a huge backlog of state consent applications.

Lexus

Some said end of Nov, some said Jan 2014. I think it depends on how well the performance of Tower 1 with the implementation of new RUG.
Btw, does anybone know when is the launch of Puteri Cove tower 2? One of my friend interested marina view unit

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Upper mid end 1br is 100k sgd. Luxury is 350k. Sgd. Locals don't borrow. Banks don't lend. Yield min 6% worst case. I thinking how to crash since no loan.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also don't know. At face value, it beats jb prop with proven gd yield. Jb how to exit?

it is possible to exit JB if yr ppty is at good location and you dun ask for the sky. You also have the option of turning it into a retirement home.

I think exit is difficult in Phil as the locals are not so rich . If they rich, why they wanna rent ?

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is possible to exit JB if yr ppty is at good location and you dun ask for the sky. You also have the option of turning it into a retirement home.

I think exit is difficult in Phil as the locals are not so rich . If they rich, why they wanna rent ?

The rich will be very rich in Manila. So they do not need your home. They are cash rich.The poor would be very poor as well.
Besides, you have natural disasters every now and then. Politically wise, you have change of political parties very often. So economically not stable.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal

ya totally agree. regardless where your house is, it's the price - whether it's for rent or sale.
a relative in singapore trying to sell their sentosa cove is stubbornly trying to sell it at a
price buyers are not willing to pay. so what does one expect. i remember once during the 2009
financial crisis when a seller wanted to sell me a urban condo at 20% below their purchased price..guess what? i thought thrice and someone grabed it at below 30% after negotiation.
i wasnt even willing to negotiate. moral of the story - there's always a buyer; at different pricing though.

just to add, a brother in law once bougt a KL Farlene condo at bukit bintang, a serviced aprtment type, then couldnt rent it out for a pretty long time. he told me its not nobody wants to rent. it's just embarassing to be the owner to spoil the market. so he kept it until he sold it off recently below cost of course because of poor exchange rate.

unless we all think of exiting as meaning making easy money then its a different story.

since got time i add again. personally i think overseas pty investment has its pros and cons like for eg when i bought an aussie property in 1996, rent for few years, sold it in 2003 or 2004 and make quite a good gain in both capital and currency exchange. to me then it was an interesting investment but i m not sure if i dare to try again in that area. in ph i m really staying long term i think.

Last edited:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
if your ppty is at a good location, I dun think u need to sell at cost. perhaps at lesser profits if u want a fast sale.

ya totally agree. regardless where your house is, it's the price - whether it's for rent or sale.
a relative in singapore trying to sell their sentosa cove is stubbornly trying to sell it at a
price buyers are not willing to pay. so what does one expect. i remember once during the 2009
financial crisis when a seller wanted to sell me a urban condo at 20% below their purchased price..guess what? i thought thrice and someone grabed it at below 30% after negotiation.
i wasnt even willing to negotiate. moral of the story - there's always a buyer; at different pricing though.

just to add, a brother in law once bougt a KL Farlene condo at bukit bintang, a serviced aprtment type, then couldnt rent it out for a pretty long time. he told me its not nobody wants to rent. it's just embarassing to be the owner to spoil the market. so he kept it until he sold it off recently below cost of course because of poor exchange rate.

unless we all think of exiting as meaning making easy money then its a different story.

since got time i add again. personally i think overseas pty investment has its pros and cons like for eg when i bought an aussie property in 1996, rent for few years, sold it in 2003 or 2004 and make quite a good gain in both capital and currency exchange. to me then it was an interesting investment but i m not sure if i dare to try again in that area. in ph i m really staying long term i think.