• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another waterfront project to look out for will be the Eco Marina and Blue Lagoon at Sunway Iskandar. I believe there will be more waterfront properties at Gerbang Nusajaya, facing the international recognised mangroves of Sungai Pulai.

So plenty of opportunities ahead of us.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another waterfront project to look out for will be the Eco Marina and Blue Lagoon at Sunway Iskandar. I believe there will be more waterfront properties at Gerbang Nusajaya, facing the international recognised mangroves of Sungai Pulai.

So plenty of opportunities ahead of us.

When buying waterfront properties, one important thing to look out for is the water quality. If the place is at the river mouth or mangroves, chances are the water is murky or muddy especially when it rains or some construction are occurring upstream. It will take years to have the rivers cleaned up. Not all rivers are as clean as Singapore rivers. I remembered a place somewhere along the east side of JB, the sea water is very dirty as it is heavily polluted from the ship repair works.

The water in brochures are always nicely colored in blue...so keep a lookout.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
When buying waterfront properties, one important thing to look out for is the water quality. If the place is at the river mouth or mangroves, chances are the water is murky or muddy especially when it rains or some construction are occurring upstream. It will take years to have the rivers cleaned up. Not all rivers are as clean as Singapore rivers. I remembered a place somewhere along the east side of JB, the sea water is very dirty as it is heavily polluted from the ship repair works.

are you referring to senibong cove ? nice development but water quality suspected to be polluted by coffee-manufacturing company upstream

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha, this is very true. Reminded me of the time when I was in Dubai during the boom times in 2005-2006, the canals were man-made and brought in unwelcome guests which remained because there is no receding tides at all!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup...Senibong Cove...nice development but teh water quality and flow not so good. Moreso, Sembawang is opposite...

Last edited:

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, d'Estuary is the largest of all landed precincts, and it's right on top of the above picture. Then, we have Emerald bay, just below D'estuary,in yellow and finally residential south, on the bottom left side of the photo, just facing the mangroves.

Kota iskandar can be easily identified as well.

Commercial North and commercial south appear in brown colour.

As you can see from the above masterplan, the high rise component is just 100 acres compared to Medini which will have 2,200 acres of high rise. I believe Gerbang Nusajaya, and Sunway Iskandar will have more high rise area than Puteri Harbour.

Treat PH similar to sentosa and the keepel Bay Area with Reflections by the Bay.. A waterfront destination with entertainment activities but not as the CBD.

Juanra, any idea if these landed are built on reclaimed land ?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
At first I am still quite keen on Emerald Bay, but at prices of RM1k+psf, there are also decent options in KL and Penang. Tough call.. Need more views from brothers

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri harbour is not built on reclaimed land...some earthworks were done to build the public and private marinas..

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certainly agreed although the shipayrd would likely be moved in 5 years time. A very nice development spoilt by the river water quality and also built on all the black soil from the previous abandoned fish / prawn ponds. Long term, bad for health. For investment and leasing out to expat, may be would work though rent would have to be much lower vs nusajaya side

Yup...Senibong Cove...nice development but teh water quality and flow not so good. Moreso, Sembawang is opposite...

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly, i believe the iskandar authorities when they say to develop iskandar they really meant nusajaya.
old jb town including the senibong area are just too complicated or even dipiladated. when one drives along nusajaya, one can feel the clean and freshness in the surrounding. and i believe all those targets the authorities are trying to achieve like the eco or green city are centred at nusajaya. i dont think they can do it in other areas.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly, i believe the iskandar authorities when they say to develop iskandar they really meant nusajaya.
old jb town including the senibong area are just too complicated or even dipiladated. when one drives along nusajaya, one can feel the clean and freshness in the surrounding. and i believe all those targets the authorities are trying to achieve like the eco or green city are centred at nusajaya. i dont think they can do it in other areas.

I share yr thots. The majority of their investments are in Nusajaya and even the High speed rail is tauted to be at nusa also. Both MY and Sing govt are planning huge investments at medini too. Talks of big theme parks players and international schools setting up shop at Nusajaya bear testimony to private international interests which should have some privy to the MY govt plans there else why would they risk their dollars ?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

wondering if anyone bought into Pinetree Residence?

I paid my booking fee to the developer in Jan via my property agent. But until now, I have not received any documents. Was told the project would be launched in April but now pushed back to June. Should I be worried?

Thank you.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I paid my booking fee to the developer in Jan via my property agent. But until now, I have not received any documents. Was told the project would be launched in April but now pushed back to June. Should I be worried?

Thank you.

Will the price be revised? Will the state levy increase? :eek:

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

Thank you.

I bought into Teega and paid my booking fee and levy in December and I have no paperwork yet.... I am not the expert but I would not stress yourself out, the gov office and agents must be swammped with more approvals then they have ever seen before and it appears things are just taking more time then estimated even for UEM.
Though for the 4th time I had to send UEM my address last week, so it may be there may be paperwork coming, all I have ever seen is a brochure from the day I bought, no copy of the contract, no building specs (I had to get that from this site).

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
cant u tell everybody is waiting for may 5th to be over?

Yet I have had my Sing and Canadian currency sitting in a Malaysian bank ready to convert and take advantage of a drop in the Ringgit due to some pre-election jitters and yet the opposite has been happening and the Ringgit has strengthened, not what I expected.

JordaneSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banks don't believe in Puteri Harbour ? So, should we?

Hi guys,

While I'm vested in Puteri just like you, I see banks not being super bullish about the place. For instance Standard Chartered quota for Teega was only 100 units (my SCB banker told me), and Citi doesn't finance units below 1000sqft because smaller units are too difficult to resell (the CITI banker told me)...

Not sure if this is because they are foreign banks - are local banks financing more?

Then on top of it, be it PineTree, Teega, or Encorp - no one has given paperwork yet (checked with the three), while the management guys in Harbourfront Singapore never heard about a ferry service with puteri (checked there myself)...

Are we getting overexcited about the place? Do you see banker still financing it? I now elections are around the corner and everybody more or less wait and see, but it looks that there could be more to it. Your thoughts?

Cheers

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet I have had my Sing and Canadian currency sitting in a Malaysian bank ready to convert and take advantage of a drop in the Ringgit due to some pre-election jitters and yet the opposite has been happening and the Ringgit has strengthened, not what I expected.

The RMB and MYR are the most undervalued currencies in the region. I think that's the reason. Who knows, by the time that the elections are over, it could be below 2.40 to SGD.