• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
All depends on who is staying there. Some like sea, some don't.
With big budget like this, You can even wait for Emerald Bay. :biggrin:

Not sure how true this is. One of the agents who is quite active in Puteri Harbour recently told me that it will be very hard to get a unit in Emerald Bay, even if you can afford one. Most units will be likely taken up by Datos, Politicians, BRDB Directors, their friends, brothers, uncles, nephews ........

I actually sent an email to their sales contact listed on their website around 2 weeks back. No response.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice.. 3 of us are neighbours then.. view definitely unblocked as the plot of land in front of us are canal housing slated for semid or bungalow plots.. have u guys secure any bank loan? i applied standard chartered but process takes really long!! only yesterday i applied OCBC and public bank as well, let's see which one can process faster.. :smile:

Public Bank was the fastest in my case. StanC told me that the approval will come in 2013. Maybank was also quite prompt but they financed only up to 60 years, as opposed to others 70 years. For someone like me in the forties, 60 years meant very high monthly payment.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me too...no response.
BRDB is a high quality developer and they have serious following. Eg Serai Bangsar price is between 7.0m to 20m. That too is not a penthouse.
About 60% sold already since last month.

Not sure how true this is. One of the agents who is quite active in Puteri Harbour recently told me that it will be very hard to get a unit in Emerald Bay, even if you can afford one. Most units will be likely taken up by Datos, Politicians, BRDB Directors, their friends, brothers, uncles, nephews ........

I actually sent an email to their sales contact listed on their website around 2 weeks back. No response.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are all businessmen..:biggrin:

I also got no response despite sending emails and making personal calls to the manager and admin girl. My Malaysia friend told me that in order to secure a housing, we have to follow the malaysia style. Dangle RM 10k to the manager to make him stand up. Sad but true

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just give the RM10,000 to the manager and ask for free levy back.

The guy will fight until he die to get you a unit with free levy which is RM11,000.

Just business.... and that is what I will do.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kool as it is bigger than a standard bungalow
Scary as service charge: Assuming it is 0.40 x 5000 = RM 2000.00 per month.

Wow! These must be really cool.

From what I vaguely remember from the model, these are literally bungalows sitting on top of the roof. Right?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kool as it is bigger than a standard bungalow
Scary as service charge: Assuming it is 0.40 x 5000 = RM 2000.00 per month.

You think someone spending RM 5-6M at least for one of those, if they can get hold of one, really care about RM 2000 per month as service charges? :smile:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bros or sis invested in SILC? Pls share info.

Not invested, but shop offices and factories seem to be very hot as the moment. Nusajaya Square phase 1 shop offices were sold out within an hour. I also heard that semi d factories launched by Tiong Nam for slightly above RM 2M is selling very well. Just a few years back land was around RM 20 psf but now around RM 60-70.

My personal view is that SiLC has not yet caught up with the Iskandar residential frenzy, but might just be the next big thing, given so many companies are now being encouraged to move across the border. SiLC appears to be a very good option, being close to Tuas as well as some nice residential developments around Nusajaya.

Correct me if I am wrong, in general I have noticed that Residential picks up first, followed by commercial.

Any views based on your expertise in KL area? One thing I noticed was that factories around KL were priced significantly higher than those in Nusajaya. So, still seems like a long way to catch up.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stingy fellas like myself wouldn't....:biggrin:
My landed corner superlink built up 4400 sq ft cost only RM500 per mth for service charge.

But seriously it is a great view at Somerset PH...kudos to whoever owns it.

You think someone spending RM 5-6M at least for one of those, if they can get hold of one, really care about RM 2000 per month as service charges? :smile:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your input. Will definitely explore your views.

The trend in terms of marketability usually is: 1. Residential 2. Commercial 3. Industrial 4. Land

Kl is also the same. Gated and guarded residential houses here these days cost easily more than 1m each in good areas.

As for industrial, it is hard to find freehold factories these days but appreciation is pretty good. The returns are pretty decent about 15%, so it is not too bad. But you need holding power as in bad times, factories go vacant for months. Utility deposits runs into thousands. Moreso, you cannot get 90% loan. At most you get is 60% loan if it is not for your own use. A semi D in Kl is between RM 3.0m ~ 3.5m. Industrial leasehold land over here is about RM 120 psf.

I am no favorite of commercials as I find it too troublesome as it is very difficult to rent out the upper floors.

Not invested, but shop offices and factories seem to be very hot as the moment. Nusajaya Square phase 1 shop offices were sold out within an hour. I also heard that semi d factories launched by Tiong Nam for slightly above RM 2M is selling very well. Just a few years back land was around RM 20 psf but now around RM 60-70.

My personal view is that SiLC has not yet caught up with the Iskandar residential frenzy, but might just be the next big thing, given so many companies are now being encouraged to move across the border. SiLC appears to be a very good option, being close to Tuas as well as some nice residential developments around Nusajaya.

Correct me if I am wrong, in general I have noticed that Residential picks up first, followed by commercial.

Any views based on your expertise in KL area? One thing I noticed was that factories around KL were priced significantly higher than those in Nusajaya. So, still seems like a long way to catch up.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your inputs as well, Funniman! I am just beginning to scratch the surface on Commercial units and your comments are very valuable. I would definitely agree that these would be more challenging during bad times. Having a home is a necessity, but a loss making business would either shut down or at the very least give you the headache of a huge backlog in rent payments.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
To evict a family from your condo is a lot easier than to evict workers, removal of machinery, staff and closure of business. That too does not include a host of legal wranglings, anchor bolts, failed roller shutters and dug out holes of the industrial floor, leaky roofs and repaints.

Thanks for your inputs as well, Funniman! I am just beginning to scratch the surface on Commercial units and your comments are very valuable. I would definitely agree that these would be more challenging during bad times. Having a home is a necessity, but a loss making business would either shut down or at the very least give you the headache of a huge backlog in rent payments.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO SILC is for larger players/fund or investment company.
Not invested, but shop offices and factories seem to be very hot as the moment. Nusajaya Square phase 1 shop offices were sold out within an hour. I also heard that semi d factories launched by Tinge Nam for slightly above RM 2M is selling very well. Just a few years back land was around RM 20 psf but now around RM 60-70.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice.. 3 of us are neighbours then.. view definitely unblocked as the plot of land in front of us are canal housing slated for semid or bungalow plots.. have u guys secure any bank loan? i applied standard chartered but process takes really long!! only yesterday i applied OCBC and public bank as well, let's see which one can process faster.. :smile:
I applied at several banks just to see the difference and have been contacted back by 2 but no detailed offers yet. I have an account with HSBC already and they were quick offering 4.15% flexi mortgage, 3 year term 15 year amortization for up to 70%.

Philip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have 85% from ocbc and public bank, maybank gave me 80%.
My wife is a Malaysian but heard from the bankers that Singaporeans can get 80%.

hi Bro/Sister,

is it all the bank only loan 70% for Puteri harbour project ?? can anyone share?

Nobama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the tower A marina of Teega really worth the 10% percent more in price compared to the Serviced Suites with marina view?