• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I cant believe it when my Malaysian friends told me their wives gave birth for RM 50 ( HUH?! ) when I paid almost S$10,000

My brother once fainted on the road. Ambulance came and took him to Hospital. He had ulcers in his stomach and had his colonoscopy. Doctors might as well did a total medical on him and treated him for high blood pressure and whatever. 3 weeks later, he was discharged. Medical Bill was RM2 per day for the ward charges. Medicine and doctor fees free. Total: RM66.00. Btw, I am a Chinese.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
My parents love Singapore to the core. I wanted to move them to a S$200,000 terrace in JB but they prefer to stay in a 3 room flat in Singapore as its easier to sweep and mop.

They lead a simple life and are contented with Singapore. Like you said most Singaporeans have CPF and fully paid HDB, what is so tough about living in Singapore?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
My parents love Singapore to the core. I wanted to move them to a S$200,000 terrace in JB but they prefer to stay in a 3 room flat in Singapore as its easier to sweep and mop.

Old people don't like new environments. They like their neighbours, the chit chats, the shops, the food and the familiarity all over.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old people don't like new environments. They like their neighbours, the chit chats, the shops, the food and the familiarity all over.

Those only listen to pappy instruction to move to jb, othetwise, dun waste e energy/plot/beg. 勉强是没有幸福的..Wahaha..

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I cant believe it when my Malaysian friends told me their wives gave birth for RM 50 ( HUH?! ) when I paid almost S$10,000

Not RM50. It is RM15 Ward deposit. Medical is free in Malaysia.

There are many things you won't see in everyday life that Malaysians enjoyed. We all heard that if we earn, we have to pay tax. If we don't earn, we don't have to pay tax. But have you ever heard that if you don't earn or did not earn enough, irregardless whether you are single, retired, old aged, Chinese, Malay or Indian, etc the Government would pay you up to RM1000 cash per year?

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not RM50. It is RM15 Ward deposit. Medical is free in Malaysia.

There are many things you won't see in everyday life that Malaysians enjoyed. We all heard that if we earn, we have to pay tax. If we don't earn, we don't have to pay tax. But have you ever heard that if you don't earn or did not earn enough, irregardless whether you are single, retired, old aged, Chinese, Malay or Indian, etc the Government would pay you up to RM1000 cash per year?

That is why I always don't understand why the Chinese are leaving Malaysia (with their percentile ever decreasing every few years) since they are so well and equally treated by the government? Care to explain?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I always don't understand why the Chinese are leaving Malaysia (with their percentile ever decreasing every few years) since they are so well and equally treated by the government? Care to explain?

I have been to many countries. I have seen what I wanted to see. To be honest, there's no place like home. And no, I do not think my children would migrate as well, not even be a SPR.

In Malaysia, we had this guy who divide and rule for 22 years. Unfair policies and preferential treatment given. Of course, politics, brainwashing, hatred were involved in all these migration reasons. To me, these people migrate for selfish reasons which is totally right if they want to look after themselves. They do not want see the macro view. Normally these are the middle income people, the educated class. They think western country is better than kampong. The rich ones do not migrate as they can fly off anytime. The poor ones do not have the means to migrate.

There are many reforms being done now. Malaysians do not like to wash dirty linen in public. You can say what you like about corruption,1MDB or whatever, Malaysians know what and why is really happening. It doesn't bother us generally.

Having said all these, fishing in troubled waters is easier than fair competition in Malaysia. :biggrin:

Anyway, this is a property forum, so pardon if no more comments from me.

Last edited:

arcojos

Alfrescian
Loyal
"High-density developments could create abandoned communities. If they (developers) can't sell the units or they are sold to parties who are merely investors looking to rent them out, they can become abandoned. That's my concern. I pray hard it doesn't happen." Mr Lim Kang Hoo, IWH chief executive

As I have said, Puteri Harbour will transform into a dilapidated enclave if everyone rents out their condominiums. Hopefully buyers move in themselves or simply keep it as a holiday home.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
"High-density developments could create abandoned communities. If they (developers) can't sell the units or they are sold to parties who are merely investors looking to rent them out, they can become abandoned. That's my concern. I pray hard it doesn't happen." Mr Lim Kang Hoo, IWH chief executive

As I have said, Puteri Harbour will transform into a dilapidated enclave if everyone rents out their condominiums. Hopefully buyers move in themselves or simply keep it as a holiday home.

You can never stop any developments from being rented out. You can only hope that it will be rented out to those with higher budgets and "higher" class of tenants. That is specially true when you have a high price psf of the property.

With the UEM tourism efforts that had been going on almost every month ie. Monsoon Cup, Dinner in sky, Carnivals, Weekly bazaar, enlarged marinas, power boat race etc, PH can only get better.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can never stop any developments from being rented out. You can only hope that it will be rented out to those with higher budgets and "higher" class of tenants. That is specially true when you have a high price psf of the property.

With the UEM tourism efforts that had been going on almost every month ie. Monsoon Cup, Dinner in sky, Carnivals, Weekly bazaar, enlarged marinas, power boat race etc, PH can only get better.

Yes, where else in JB u find such concentrated efforts to boost an area ?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well Said. A little bird with Pacific Star told me that if things go their way, one could sip and dance in a bar at one of the premium high floors of Pan Pacific overlooking the exclusive private marina. Another hideout for us besides Skybar!

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
My belief is give them a good university education. I don't even give my son downpayment for his first car. He use those scholarship money he earned. Today he work for a Fortune 100 company and pay his mother monthly allowances. Same goes for my second son, though he does not earn as much. But at least he does not need money from me. If they need downpayment for a house, I will contribute but no way I will buy for them. When I am dead, then it is a different story.

I once told my son. Go out there and work for others. If you start to work for me immediately after university, you will be pampered and you won't learn anything. Damn...after a while, they do not want to work for me anymore.

I think children need to come out of their safety shell and explore on their own. Headstart as in education yes but no no if it is free money.

Must learn from you all. My son will only enter P1 next year.. haiz.. still a long long way for me.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. I always avoid talking about "politics" with others, its not meaningful and will get nowhere anyway. I prefer to talk to people whom are interested and have a good understanding of the "policies" going on.

I have been to many countries. I have seen what I wanted to see. To be honest, there's no place like home. And no, I do not think my children would migrate as well, not even be a SPR.

In Malaysia, we had this guy who divide and rule for 22 years. Unfair policies and preferential treatment given. Of course, politics, brainwashing, hatred were involved in all these migration reasons. To me, these people migrate for selfish reasons which is totally right if they want to look after themselves. They do not want see the macro view. Normally these are the middle income people, the educated class. They think western country is better than kampong. The rich ones do not migrate as they can fly off anytime. The poor ones do not have the means to migrate.

There are many reforms being done now. Malaysians do not like to wash dirty linen in public. You can say what you like about corruption,1MDB or whatever, Malaysians know what and why is really happening. It doesn't bother us generally.

Having said all these, fishing in troubled waters is easier than fair competition in Malaysia. :biggrin:

Anyway, this is a property forum, so pardon if no more comments from me.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't agree with these.

Orchard road apartments are mostly tenanted out to expat. Did they become dilapidated?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, demand and critical mass are very important. It's hard for many to understand this. Even the Iskandar authorities got this wrong, and allowed greed to overrule their decision-making. If you look at flagship B of Iskandar, many plans were made on paper, but they have been delayed for years, cancelled or abandoned by developers. That's because there is a lack of demand!

You want to build all those industrial parks, offices, and lots and lots of condos, you have to first be sure you have the demand and people coming in. If you build the buildings first but there is no demand, you're going to get a ghost town, which is already happening at Medini side. Too few also cannot, too crowded then prices may become unaffordable and less attractive to those who wish to retire there. It takes good urban planning skills to get the formula right. So far, that has not happened.

I think the authorities need to spend more effort sprucing up Flagship A of Iskandar instead to make Johor more economically powerful. The amenities are there already. It's easier to "boost" it, provided they know how to. Unfortunately, I don't think they know.

A few years ago, I remember seeing some attractive slide presentation which showed Jalan Wong Ah Fook being converted into some nice waterway with new buildings and all that. Till today, I haven't seen any work done. Typical of Johor? Just talk only.

On the other hand, I see so much progress coming up in Singapore. I'm not pro-government or love the country 100%. But I'm amazed at the vision of the urban planners.

Just when you thought Singapore is small and done, we can't expand any more, news appears that new MRT stations will be built, 2nd CBD will be coming up, north-south highway will be constructed, etc. And when the SG government promise something, you can bet your last dollar it will be done usually within the stipulated time. Just last night, there is news to develop Mandai zoo to combine with Jurong Bird Park and make it into an attractive nature-loving place. Fantastic!

Last edited: