• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night, my neighbour's cat shit in my garden. Then the dog ate the cat. Oh..I forgot, the giant mouse went square dancing on the pavement.
What is Singapore F1 race being discussed in Puteri Harbour Community thread?
Who cares what the Singapore Government do with their money?

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
They do it because it caters for rich and cheapskate Ang Mos, who usually go because they get in free. PAP has done many money wasting useless events, the F1 is only one of the many.

Cheapskate ang mos? As opposed to who? The 'spendthrift' Chinese?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheapskate ang mos? As opposed to who? The 'spendthrift' Chinese?

Have you attended any F1 event? All the Caucasians get in free, so I don't think such sporting events in PH are going to give property prices any boost. I paid my tickets in full in 2008 for the very first F1 race in Singapore, after mixing with the free loading peasants, I am not ever attending one again. I was foolish then like what you PH guys are and bought into the hype

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you attended any F1 event? All the Caucasians get in free, so I don't think such sporting events in PH are going to give property prices any boost. I paid my tickets in full in 2008 for the very first F1 race in Singapore, after mixing with the free loading peasants, I am not ever attending one again. I was foolish then like what you PH guys are and bought into the hype

You'd have enjoyed the experience more if everyone had paid? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You'd have enjoyed the experience more if everyone had paid? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Yes definitely enjoy better if all were full paying, at least the quality of people would have been much better, what was there was a bunch of drunk hooligans. I guess you never attend high society events to make such comments. So don't go dreaming that this sailing event would bring much impact to PH, probably the ice cream man and roti prata sellers may benefit.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes definitely enjoy better if all were full paying, at least the quality of people would have been much better, what was there was a bunch of drunk hooligans. I guess you never attend high society events to make such comments. So don't go dreaming that this sailing event would bring much impact to PH, probably the ice cream man and roti prata sellers may benefit.

The F1 is not a 'high society event' unless you are on a fixed track, in a box. I never dreamt what you mention in the first place. I do know it won't make Puteri a worse place. I doubt many give much thought about it, other than that it will be nice to see sail boats passing through.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night, my neighbour's cat shit in my garden. Then the dog ate the cat. Oh..I forgot, the giant mouse went square dancing on the pavement.
What is Singapore F1 race being discussed in Puteri Harbour Community thread?
Who cares what the Singapore Government do with their money?

You are right. Put 2 or more Sporean males together and they either talk about cocks and NS.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The repercussion of a mega race like F1 is huge. So huge that I am surprised there are people saying it has no impact.

men on the street example make you catch no ball.

Events = MICE industry
Audio Visual = Technical industry
Florist = Design/Creative industry
Uber = Personal/small group transportation service industry

Any major event that draw large crowd will require support services for uncountable activities....result are many main or sub-industries will get a boost, not just Hotel/FnB. Dont you think?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Live telecast around the world and they say no impact.
Obviously they did not know what is called marketing 101.

Live telecast around the world has impact? Impact on what? Only some F&B and hospitality business and only a few days, these days hardly see any Caucasian tourists in Orchard Road compared with the 80s. You must come back to Singapore and see the changes.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
My learned friend, I am of the opinion that hosting any F1 or mega event will not see property prices appreciate in a single night. However, the repercussions are far and wide, which will surely lead to property prices shooting upwards in the long term. I wonder what will even happen to PH if a mega event such as F1 were to be hosted there. It is gota be a crazy place to stay with so many visitors descending on this harbor. The hotels will be 10 x over filled.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually school holidays and weekends will mostly take care of the vacancies, which already form 50%. All we need is regular MICE events or trade shows through the calendar on weekdays to fill the gaps.

My learned friend, I am of the opinion that hosting any F1 or mega event will not see property prices appreciate in a single night. However, the repercussions are far and wide, which will surely lead to property prices shooting upwards in the long term. I wonder what will even happen to PH if a mega event such as F1 were to be hosted there. It is gota be a crazy place to stay with so many visitors descending on this harbor. The hotels will be 10 x over filled.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let us all be more concerned when the Puteri Harbour Convention Centres start to have their own IT SHOW or PC SHOW or SIMEX etc every school holidays and selling IT gagdets, computers and HPs in RINGGIT.

PH will explode while Suntec City will become Suntec Coffin. Lets not kid ourselves. Many shit computers or labtops or hps that we use are assembled in Malaysia in the first place.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let us all be more concerned when the Puteri Harbour Convention Centres start to have their own IT SHOW or PC SHOW or SIMEX etc every school holidays and selling IT gagdets, computers and HPs in RINGGIT.

PH will explode while Suntec City will become Suntec Coffin. Lets not kid ourselves. Many shit computers or labtops or hps that we use are assembled in Malaysia in the first place.

Problem is Johor does not have the market for IT gadgets and generally IT gadgets are more expensive there than Singapore, I bought my Playstation 4 in Holiday Plaza almost $30 more than in Singapore, had no choice because Singapore was out of stock. Also for sinkies to flock there for IT show, all the gadgets will have warranty issues, haiz you never think through again.

Delivery also have issues and GST at customs, come on more thought please.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is Johor does not have the market for IT gadgets and generally IT gadgets are more expensive there than Singapore, I bought my Playstation 4 in Holiday Plaza almost $30 more than in Singapore, had no choice because Singapore was out of stock. Also for sinkies to flock there for IT show, all the gadgets will have warranty issues, haiz you never think through again.

Delivery also have issues and GST at customs, come on more thought please.

Playstation or XBox sold in Malaysia are "localised", maybe that why more expensive. :biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Playstation or XBox sold in Malaysia are "localised", maybe that why more expensive. :biggrin:

Most of the international brand electronic items usually cost more in Malaysia, unless you buy the cheap China no brand handphone accessories type items which cost much less than Singapore but most people order from Tao Bao these days.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the international brand electronic items usually cost more in Malaysia, unless you buy the cheap China no brand handphone accessories type items which cost much less than Singapore but most people order from Tao Bao these days.

Don't risk buying accessories that can be exploded....

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal

xebay counter with some valid points though. But fear not...there are plenty other industries.....follow the words of the great one...

Let us all be more concerned when the Educity take off etc every level of school age and fields from distinguish schools in RINGGIT.

Let us all be more concerned when the Medical sector take off etc every stream of medical care including alternative wellness in RINGGIT.

Let us all be more concerned when the Manufacturing sector take off etc all the space and facilities in RINGGIT.

Let us all be more concerned when the MotorCity take off etc every day offer servicing, parts maintenance, interior/exterior deco gadgetry in RINGGIT.

This is enough to stir and keep the debate going....

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/hub/urbanising-asia/riding-on-south-east-asias-growth

"The proximity of Singapore and Iskandar also provides the opportunity for companies to locate their business and manufacturing functions across both locations, and drive the development of complementary industries. These include companies in industries such as electronics, precision engineering, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food processing, and fast moving consumer goods - supported by efficient logistics & warehousing services."

"Analysts expect that Asean as a single economy could become the fourth largest economy in the world by 2030, behind only the United States and China."