• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
last weekend, had to go to palais renaissance orchard to view some pianos. i would prefer a yamaha piano as i was familiar playing it and so i thought. but my more musically numerous certificated daughter decided we should as a family all pop into steinway and sons first. if you have heard of this brand you would know it is the sentosa cove priced type. i tong tong tong a steinway grand while my kid run through her fingers all over the keyboard to a classical on another steinway. this shop also carry brands like boston and essex but she wouldnt even tong them. i asked why she didnt try and her reply was simply 'it looks hollow'. i understood it as all steinway owners understand values and quality and others just simply .......hopeless.
since we were 'only' viewing, we only...viewed.

result : i got a yamaha and to support my ego and to assist her to get more facebook likes i got her a high end type yet not blowing a hole.

the piano should arrive this week but now i am wondering how they are going to lift it up to second floor without scratching it.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like Johor central is shaping up to compete with Puteri harbour and Medini. Should only be good for the residents of Johor.. More choices.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luxury it self is hard to define.. to some it is time to some it is the experience.. to some it is the quality... But truth is, luxury in no way equates to a rip-off.. in fact, it’s often quite the opposite. For me, luxury is about achieving quality, tailored to my taste, at a price I can afford.

Affordable luxury is what I seek. Affordable doesn’t mean inexpensive, but rather an attempt to grab hold of that bespoke existence and invest our money in items that will age well and be used frequently. On the experience side, we look for affordable luxury in activities that elevate us out of our everyday routines and let us taste a lifestyle that is normally out of reach.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this rate PH is booming and the type of finishing they are offering ( Imperia supposed to be the most basic of all PH condos being the first one ), in Singlish terms, PH don't want to be luxury also cannot

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luxury it self is hard to define.. to some it is time to some it is the experience.. to some it is the quality... But truth is, luxury in no way equates to a rip-off.. in fact, it’s often quite the opposite. For me, luxury is about achieving quality, tailored to my taste, at a price I can afford.

Affordable luxury is what I seek. Affordable doesn’t mean inexpensive, but rather an attempt to grab hold of that bespoke existence and invest our money in items that will age well and be used frequently. On the experience side, we look for affordable luxury in activities that elevate us out of our everyday routines and let us taste a lifestyle that is normally out of reach.

My current landed less than RM1 million is already considered luxury by my own meagre standard....compared to pigeon hole in HDB.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some latest updates on Encorp Tower 1 & 2 according to email received from Encorp.
======================

Encorp1.JPG

Encorp2.JPG

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some latest updates on Encorp Tower 1 & 2 according to email received from Encorp.

thks for sharing tekkun. they didnt say why the slowness. and didnt say when they placed more 250 personnel and worse from now to feb16 to expect another delay. (**&^%$^%$#

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
thks for sharing tekkun. they didnt say why the slowness. and didnt say when they placed more 250 personnel and worse from now to feb16 to expect another delay. (**&^%$^%$#

Just curious, for the early buyers, is the 36 months deadline up already and they are entitled to the compensation?

Borrowing the reason from Genting on delaying the century fox theme opening by 1 year, it's probably because the rm has depreciated so much and it cost them a lot to bring in overseas materials, thus waiting out as much as possible to see if rm will rebound.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious, for the early buyers, is the 36 months deadline up already and they are entitled to the compensation?

Borrowing the reason from Genting on delaying the century fox theme opening by 1 year, it's probably because the rm has depreciated so much and it cost them a lot to bring in overseas materials, thus waiting out as much as possible to see if rm will rebound.

to me, firstly when the condo is ready, i wish to see all promises fulfiiled. after that i come after them for all the shortfalls.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the project is fully sold, it makes all the sense that they build it double quick and claim money from the banks. Why would they delay?
The project is sold on RM and RM go up or down do not make any difference. In fact, they should complete the project as fast as they can to unlock the initial investments they paid on the land and infrastructure. The money on hand can earn bank interests that offset forex fluctations.

As in all S&P, one is entitled to LAD compensations if the handover is delayed.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get personal, I can do the same to you and your family members. Anyway your behavior just goes to prove what kind of low class people like you and your family reside in Puteri Harbor. All loser property investors. No money and talent to move to a better country but downgrade from Singapore, really Xia Sway.

Teega owner here. What did I do to you that you make this kind of sweeping statement saying we are all loser investors?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the project is fully sold, it makes all the sense that they build it double quick and claim money from the banks. Why would they delay?
The project is sold on RM and RM go up or down do not make any difference. In fact, they should complete the project as fast as they can to unlock the initial investments they paid on the land and infrastructure. The money on hand can earn bank interests that offset forex fluctations.

As in all S&P, one is entitled to LAD compensations if the handover is delayed.

This is something I am trying to understand too, obviously some of the developers are slowing down the construction progress on purpose. One scenario is they have not paid for the overseas imported high class lifts, steel, toilet bowls, high class tiles, etc. Now that RM is down 20% against major currencies, they will have to fork out additional 20% for the raw materials, which will eat into their profit which are all in RM. Worst case, it will wipe out their profit since they budgeted when RM was much stronger.

Which is also why I asked if the 36 months is already up, as the compensation to the owners will eat further into their profit margin. They will be forced to decide if to delay project further or not.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is something I am trying to understand too, obviously some of the developers are slowing down the construction progress on purpose. One scenario is they have not paid for the overseas imported high class lifts, steel, toilet bowls, high class tiles, etc. Now that RM is down 20% against major currencies, they will have to fork out additional 20% for the raw materials, which will eat into their profit which are all in RM. Worst case, it will wipe out their profit since they budgeted when RM was much stronger.

Which is also why I asked if the 36 months is already up, as the compensation to the owners will eat further into their profit margin. They will be forced to decide if to delay project further or not.

Let's put things in correct perspective. It is not 36 months. Normally it is 42 months for condos.
The costings of any highrise is divided into 3 areas apart from land and mobilisation cost. The 3 areas are Basement, Superstructure and Finishing.
Materials for basement and superstructure are all procured locally. Only part of finishing are imported. Developers often hedge their forex to safeguard their imports. Local developers do not have any problems but those foreign developers would have a problem especially when they have to repatriate their earnings.
Having said all these, foreign deveopers are heavy weights. They are well financed and they would want to complete the projects asap and run off with their profits. They do not like to delay. They are after quickies.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/johor-baru-city-centre-set-for-transformation

Well, they aren't slowing down with attempting to rejuvenate Johor state - looks like they are doubling down.

Sensible IF they can increase traffic to JB, will provide rationale for people occupying Danga Bay etc

Feels like so much money is being poured into the area that it will take idiocy to prevent success. BUT there have been plenty of cases of 'unhelpful' developments not just in property that make that a risk.

I see the thread activity has picked up since a while back - oh, no, I see what's been driving discussion recently.