• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental is still falling in SG, so there will be direct competition from SG for rental. A 2-bedder can be rented from SGD $3k in SG, so the rental of this type in Puteri Harbour and Medini could be from SGD $1.5k to be attractive. Any higher is challenging. It is better for an area to be vibrant to sustain the F&B, retail and theme parks, and this will support higher rental.

In fact sgd1.5k is challenging for johor, for Singaporeans to escape high cost living, RM 1.8k is most acceptable, they don't need a far flung marina yatches setting.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
When everything is done in 25 years then slam the naysayers, no point having a glitzy gleaming ghost town, the place must be filled with people and that is the biggest question mark.

Don't forget that the ferry terminal has direct link to SG which has been approved by SG govt. When the tourists from Sg pops over, u will hv to suck more than 2 thumbs .

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget that the ferry terminal has direct link to SG which has been approved by SG govt. When the tourists from Sg pops over, u will hv to suck more than 2 thumbs .

There's nothing like sailing home towards PH.
At this present moment, you have many many seaview water front condos but how many have their own marina? PH has got 2 of them.

Just thinking...how much does it cost to own a small yacht to travel to and fro Singapore and the berthing charges? No more jams. :smile:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's nothing like sailing home towards PH.
At this present moment, you have many many seaview water front condos but how many have their own marina? PH has got 2 of them.

Just thinking...how much does it cost to own a small yacht to travel to and fro Singapore and the berthing charges? No more jams. :smile:

wow, shiok to just imagine doing that :smile: PH is really different. Why else would Sultan son set up his football stadium and theme park there ? Why so many international 4-5 stars hotels choose PH ? It's so obvious that I really dunno what to say.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, shiok to just imagine doing that :smile: PH is really different. Why else would Sultan son set up his football stadium and theme park there ? Why so many international 4-5 stars hotels choose PH ? It's so obvious that I really dunno what to say.

And the Sultan's son is going to be the next Sultan...:biggrin: :biggrin:
With his beloved Johore Tigers project, what else can go wrong?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Added to the overall stock lah, if overall stock so many units they would be fighting for occupants, whether owners or tenants.

Wrong thread la....this is Puteri harbour.
PH is very very different from JB. In fact it should even be mixed up with Medini, let alone rest of JB.
Most owners in PH are in a totally different league.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong thread la....this is Puteri harbour.
PH is very very different from JB. In fact it should even be mixed up with Medini, let alone rest of JB.
Most owners in PH are in a totally different league.

Yah different league alright, ivory tower type don't know what's happening on the ground and yet not really Sentosa Cove league also aka sah buey sek.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah different league alright, ivory tower type don't know what's happening on the ground and yet not really Sentosa Cove league also aka sah buey sek.

Sentosa is Sentosa. Apart from seaview and super ridiculous high price, they have nothing else.
The big difference is those who are on the ground do not know what is ivory tower living in Puteri harbour all about.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I'm wrong. But the body of water at Puteri Harbour we see is not, strictly speaking, sea but just a "straits"? I've been there twice. It's psychologically nicer than other places just because there is water. But I have to say the water isn't the nice blue type and not a sea as many often describe it as. The nice pictures with deep blue skies and water we see in advertisements are just artist's impressions. The real stuff isn't as great.

Anyway, there's already a price to pay for it. Puteri Harbour costs a lot more than other residential condos. So your upfront investment is already higher.

As for comparison of Puteri Harbour to Sentosa, I wouldn't think about that. Yes. it feels that way. You can think of it as the closest you can get to something like Sentosa. The experience is different though. Sentosa is well-established and vibrant. The only thing you get is it's cheaper on your wallet when you buy Puteri Harbour. But it's incorrect to attach to Puteri Harbour the same value as a upmarket seafront residential place like Sentosa.

It's like comparing an Apple iPhone to Xiaomi. Some people tell me Xiaomi is value for money. It has many functions you can find in iPhone for a much lower price. But you will realize the experience of using an iPhone is so much different. Value-wise, an iPhone is much sought after. A Xiami, well... it has little or no resale value. That's how it is: Apple iPhone (Sentosa) and Xiaomi (Puteri Harbour).

Rental wise, I'm not sure. You bought it at high price in Puteri Harbour, the developer has already passed on the cost to you. It's not as if Puteri Harbour existed in 2010 and you bought it for S$100k. You already bought it at such a high price (by JB standard). From a rental point of view and future selling, it is a lot more difficult for you to recoup your $$. Not forgetting the oversupply. Go check out how Imepria is doing now. It's very disappointing. Find out also how much the owners have lost based on the depreciating currency exchange.

I'm not saying Puteri Harbour is not good. It's good but only for your own occupancy. And you must have the cash to throw. Like buying a car.

If you are thinking of making good $$ from your property there, think carefully again. I find some here imagine a lot, like when they say: "In 5 years time, we will have this and that coming up. How vibrant it will be.... I can buy a yacht and travel from PH to SG, my property will rise in value, etc".

Do understand you are still buying a JB property. It's not so simple to say if there is a business planned in a certain location = your property will boom. There are a lot other factors to consider.

Buy if you have excess cash to splurge. Don't buy cos you think it's the next Sentosa. Your risk and disappointment will be high.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo.. how come the posts become judgemental on others again? Making others feel or convinced that they are wrong does not make us right...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo.. how come the posts become judgemental on others again? Making others feel or convinced that they are wrong does not make us right...

No one is saying others is bad and we are good.
All we are saying is ours is nice. Just like buying a Mini. All I am saying is the nice round dials in the car and how great the feeling is.
We never say other cars are bad. Afterall this is our own thread Puteri Harbour Community.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact sgd1.5k is challenging for johor, for Singaporeans to escape high cost living, RM 1.8k is most acceptable, they don't need a far flung marina yatches setting.

Imperia's furnishing standard is actually very high and location is quite nice. RM $1.8k is too low. Market will find its equilibrium.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one is saying others is bad and we are good.
All we are saying is ours is nice. Just like buying a Mini. All I am saying is the nice round dials in the car and how great the feeling is.
We never say other cars are bad. Afterall this is our own thread Puteri Harbour Community.

Fair statement, but becomes ridiculous when after buying a mini at mini price, they start comparing with Mercedes Benz and that becomes a joke. Which really is what is happening here, keep on comparing PH to Sentosa Cove.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

True...never compare and we not the one who bring it up first.
SGD versus MYR. Freehold versus leasehold. Nothing to compare really.