• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's 4 countries I can think of which are very safe to live. Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and Melbourne (Not rest of Australia). Malaysia especially JB is definitely not one of them. Why bother to rent or take an interest in JB? It is not safe even to come across for shopping. Plenty of flying parangs around. Who knows, one might be decapitated while walking downstairs for coffee. So If I am as rich as you are (I heard landed properties is very expensive) I would stay safe, feel safe and be safe in Singapore or in the most liveable city in the world.
By the way, PH is also in Malaysia. :smile:

I have been in and out of JB for a good 35 years and never been robbed. However I do take precautions, I lock my car with a steering lock, park mostly in malls and remove all exit parking tickets, leave the AP and Rolex at home and wear Casio, hang out only in malls and never walk the streets, avoid all back alleys, leave the BMW at home and drive the Toyota, dress in slippers. If I do go to live anywhere in JB I will choose the newest condos where the guards are enthusiastic. I will leave the 80 inch TV at home and try to use projector so that the house is basically void of all expensive items. If ever I live in landed in MY, I will look for those with sliding gate and not swing type.

Ok or not? Why question me when I know what I am doing?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been in and out of JB for a good 35 years and never been robbed. However I do take precautions, I lock my car with a steering lock, park mostly in malls and remove all exit parking tickets, leave the AP and Rolex at home and wear Casio, hang out only in malls and never walk the streets, avoid all back alleys, leave the BMW at home and drive the Toyota, dress in slippers. If I do go to live anywhere in JB I will choose the newest condos where the guards are enthusiastic. I will leave the 80 inch TV at home and try to use projector so that the house is basically void of all expensive items. If ever I live in landed in MY, I will look for those with sliding gate and not swing type.

Ok or not? Why question me when I know what I am doing?

Not OK.

You said: "JB just does not cut it due to security issues, just go on and see how landed property owners in MY get robbed in broad daylight. If you live in landed property you would know that the electric gate offers almost zero protection, it can be easily pushed open and the robbers can just walk in with parangs."

You had never stayed in a landed in JB before so based on what you claim on the above? Do you have the statistics and base on what modeling are you claiming upon? You owe landed property owners in JB an explanation on the above. The impression you gave would affect property prices as my buyers would be affected by your claims.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not OK.

You said: "JB just does not cut it due to security issues, just go on and see how landed property owners in MY get robbed in broad daylight. If you live in landed property you would know that the electric gate offers almost zero protection, it can be easily pushed open and the robbers can just walk in with parangs."

You had never stayed in a landed in JB before so based on what you claim on the above? Do you have the statistics and base on what modeling are you claiming upon? You owe landed property owners in JB an explanation on the above. The impression you gave would affect property prices as my buyers would be affected by your claims.

Please quote me in full, "Also in my mind, I always believe in owning FH landed property, nothing else comes close to FH landed due to maintenance issues but in Malaysia, JB just does not cut it due to security issues, just go on and see how landed property owners in MY get robbed in broad daylight."

We are talking about buying vs renting and I will not buy any strata titled or condo in Malaysia, and when it comes to buying landed, JB landed does not cut it in terms of security.

I have never lived in JB before but looking at the brazen crime on Youtube is shocking. So you can relax, it is not cast in stone I will be living in JB, my retirement is still some way off and I have already bought a property in Melbourne due to favorable exchange rates.

Besides you also have the same chances as me in being decapitated in JB yah?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please quote me in full, "Also in my mind, I always believe in owning FH landed property, nothing else comes close to FH landed due to maintenance issues but in Malaysia, JB just does not cut it due to security issues, just go on and see how landed property owners in MY get robbed in broad daylight."

We are talking about buying vs renting and I will not buy any strata titled or condo in Malaysia, and when it comes to buying landed, JB landed does not cut it in terms of security.

I have never lived in JB before but looking at the brazen crime on Youtube is shocking. So you can relax, it is not cast in stone I will be living in JB, my retirement is still some way off and I have already bought a property in Melbourne due to favorable exchange rates.

Besides you also have the same chances as me in being decapitated in JB yah?

So you are using You Tube as the basis of claims. Brilliant, simply brilliant.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are using You Tube as the basis of claims. Brilliant, simply brilliant.

Have you actually viewed the videos? I guess for people like you, ignorance is bliss :smile: So let's keep it that way, please don't bother with what I say, lest the whole JB landed property market collapse and then I will really get decapitated ha ha ha ha ha

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you actually viewed the videos? I guess for people like you, ignorance is bliss :smile: So let's keep it that way, please don't bother with what I say, lest the whole JB landed property market collapse and then I will really get decapitated ha ha ha ha ha[/QUOTE

Sorry hope you don't mind me asking. You have no interest in all kinds of properties in msia, and think that living in landed will be robbed in broad daylight. Why are you in this forum? To warn the people here of the dangers? Or you have some interest but have doubts and like to confirm your doubts by expressing it here?

Most people in this forum has some interest in msia properties, either for own stay, retirement or investment. mostly to share their experiences or to gather more information.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's 4 countries I can think of which are very safe to live. Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and Melbourne (Not rest of Australia). Malaysia especially JB is definitely not one of them. Why bother to rent or take an interest in JB? It is not safe even to come across for shopping. Plenty of flying parangs around. Who knows, one might be decapitated while walking downstairs for coffee. So If I am as rich as you are (I heard landed properties is very expensive) I would stay safe, feel safe and be safe in Singapore or in the most liveable city in the world.
By the way, PH is also in Malaysia. :smile:
If you are too afraid to even cross the boarder to go shopping then for you there is only one city you can live in, Taiwan and Melbourne you will still get your ass kicked. But no doubt SG is safe, but the SG ideal cannot be projected to the rest of the world. You can live in 4 countries which means the rest of the world is not intimidated by Malaysia, it still ranks high for western expat retirement. And this is what the SG gov promotes, don't leave it is scary out there, you will get your head cut off.... Or your car window broken..... As our friends ask do you really ride the subway in Bangkok.... OMG. Oh and no one is trying to make PH little Singapore. And has anyone read the new rules for buying property in Australia for foreign buyers?? Only new homes, no selling to foreigners, approval boards to ok sales, and their dollar has dropped like all other oil/resource based economies but AU is an opportunity while Malaysia Singapore's largest trading partner is equated to investing in Zimbabwe last week.. Someone should start a Living in Melbourne forum because from what I understand this forum is for people not afraid to live across the straights in an attempt for a better life with less cost.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank, I have close family members in Malaysia. Half of my family members are Malaysians. I have stayed in landed properties in JB ( gated and guarded to unguarded etc ) I have owned condos in JB. I have driven 3am down and around JB in my continental car ( in fact its 6am now and I was just back to office in Singapore after a spin down coastal highway ) Thank God I wasn't car jacked or robbed midway. For the past 3000 times when I was driving down NS Highway, Coastal Highway & Jalan Skudai at wee hours of the morning the past decades, I always thank god I come home to Spore in one piece.

For those who haven't lived in JB before, the mindset is very much different from those who have lived in JB and enjoyed every moment there. If you are scared of this and that, the wise thing to do is to stay in Singapore, the safest city in the world.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
" just go on and see how landed property owners in MY get robbed in broad daylight. If you live in landed property you would know that the electric gate offers almost zero protection, it can be easily pushed open and the robbers can just walk in with parangs"

Actually these are comments from people who have not stayed in JB before. The place where my relative stays, the guards will patrol and make sure you close up your gate at night if u leave it open

Anyway in HDBs, girls can get raped in rubbish dumbs at void decks. Old aunties can get robbed and it happens more often than those robberies outside landed houses in JB.

I am speaking from experience as I stayed in both JB landed and Spore HDBs for decades

They always say Singapore is so safe. People sleep with their main doors open. Is it?

Not OK.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you actually viewed the videos? I guess for people like you, ignorance is bliss :smile: So let's keep it that way, please don't bother with what I say, lest the whole JB landed property market collapse and then I will really get decapitated ha ha ha ha ha[/QUOTE

Sorry hope you don't mind me asking. You have no interest in all kinds of properties in msia, and think that living in landed will be robbed in broad daylight. Why are you in this forum? To warn the people here of the dangers? Or you have some interest but have doubts and like to confirm your doubts by expressing it here?

Most people in this forum has some interest in msia properties, either for own stay, retirement or investment. mostly to share their experiences or to gather more information.

No problem asking, in fact it would help to clear the air. I have already removed all doubts in investing in Malaysia, with the recent 1MDB fiasco, racial hatred undertones and huge oversupply of properties in JB, the writing is clear.

I am in this forum to gather information, and share experiences too, just because mine are different I have attracted much flak, I am surprised that just because my experience shared may run counter to others here, you have chosen to disregard and question my intentions. I guess Singaporeans are not mature enough to be receptive to alternative views, am I right to say that about you?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course this is a forum where majority of members have sunk in money, and therefore be very unreceptive to other view points. Sure, but this is an open forum where all sides can be discussed and debated, I am sure that there may be some who are sitting on the fence who may find my points valid and useful I'm helping them make the right decisions because unlike here, in real life I have not met people who have so many positive views on investing and living in JB. I have a Malaysian colleague who lives in JB and he actually told me that his grills are made using hardened steel, I have Singaporean colleagues who have bought property in Malaysia and had all their furniture stolen, my parents who have wealthy friends keep telling me other horror stories and not one has had a positive experience, with factors due to bad maintenance, value depreciation, crime etc. They visit my relatives who recently rented a new condo in Larkin, one lift was down and when my parents visited again, the same lift was still down, strange all these views are never expressed here, my manager from KL, kept praising the high standards of the HDB he lives in and says that his KL condo is worse maintained than the HDB in Singapore, it opened my eyes and see that this thread is kind of one sided.

I am also shocked that some senior and I would say wealthy people here can be rather childish and resort to comments like "don't like JB, don't come or else you would be decapitated", compare owing vs renting properties to wife and prostitute, I really shake my head. I too have been in and out of JB for decades and have not one encounter with crime, but if I am going to make a decision to live here, I would live in a condo, no landed for me for security reasons and I would like to add, most random crimes in Malaysia, thankfully are committed by small timers, give them the money and most of the time there would be no trouble.

Anyway I don't see what having to live in JB gives one a special privilege to make valid comments here, this is the internet age. Much information can be gathered nowadays to form and make opinions. There are YouTube channels to view first hand instances of brazen crimes of anywhere in the world you want to live in, it gives you the "worst case" scenario so that you can either accept or reject, which is infinitely more useful than always trying to experience it first hand. One YouTube upload is equal to sharing of thousands of experiences, so why always rely on first hand accounts if you are just an individual? You will not be able to encounter such incidents because you are only a sample of one.

Anyway those who have positive experiences in JB and do not see any issues with security, all I can say is that they are lucky. As for being a stick in the m&d, I have many friends in SG who absolutely refuse to even visit JB, those I would really say are pathetic too. As of now I am enjoying good life with weekly trips to JB and enjoying the variety and low cost, and when feel like it, just check into JB hotel and enjoy. I may or may not eventually retire in JB and am leaving all options open, as it is, life is good enough for me not having to buy any property in JB and still enjoying the benefits.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a neutral point of view. This is a PH Thread. It's only natural for most of the forummers here to have some form of interest = positive vibes.
U may think of your views & are entitled to them but this is their Thread so if u have no interest in PH whatsoever u are consider a guest in this thread.
I always believe that a guest in the Home of others respect the host & refrain from passing questionable remarks be it real or not.
U are of course FREE to air your concerns outside a dedicated thread like PH. I presume then u will draw less Flaks.
If somebody were to come into my House & portray Bad vibes i will react also negatively.

The difference is your house is private and this thread is not, it is not even a members only thread or forum, so much for being neutral. Just do not reply my posts if any PH owners feel inappropriate and there would be no more discussions, it is because they reply then it continues.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a neutral point of view. This is a PH Thread. It's only natural for most of the forummers here to have some form of interest = positive vibes.
U may think of your views & are entitled to them but this is their Thread so if u have no interest in PH whatsoever u are consider a guest in this thread.
I always believe that a guest in the Home of others respect the host & refrain from passing questionable remarks be it real or not.
U are of course FREE to air your concerns outside a dedicated thread like PH. I presume then u will draw less Flaks.
If somebody were to come into my House & portray Bad vibes i will react also negatively.

Those who do not know what is Puteri Harbour is all about, it is better to shut up.
Make efforts to know the difference between PH and rest of JB.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teega in the mist, almost to the top, will be posting in the near future asking About what we need to do for decorating and finishing, 40th floor view towards the sea, can't wait C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_12108122_977795745599582_368488.jpg

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh try harder lah, I don't dismiss statistics from reliable sources, so that makes you the idiot. Even if you out argue me in this thread that still does not save you of your bad investment decision.

Well, any logical person looking at the thread will know who is the goondu misreading stats and looking only at interpreting them thru their myopic glasses :wink: