• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

cleas1977

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, as a buyer of this condo I feel kinda cheated by Pacific Star. I dunno why they decided to sell their shares to a Chinese mobile firm, after all. Honestly if I know this from the beginning I won't buy. I do not have any confidence at all to Chinese firms. I have written an Email to a Mr. Mah and here is what he replied:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your email below.

We note your concerns please refer to the response below:

The reported potential corporate deal that involves Longcheer Holdings (listed on mainboard Singapore Stock Exchange) has no impact on buyers of Puteri Cove Residences because all buyers signed the Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Pearl Discovery Development Sdn Bhd, the landowner and developer of Puteri Cove Residences.

The SPA contains clauses pertaining to the finishes and fixtures to be provided by the developer, and the SPA is a binding legal document that cannot be changed regardless of any circumstance.

The developer appointed IJM Construction, the top builder/contractor in Malaysia, as the main contractor for Puteri Cove Residences and construction is in full swing now. IJM Construction is well known for their superb workmanship and quality of finishing, having built luxury projects such as the new Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, Troika KLCC and Binjai Residences KLCC.

The non-binding MOU signed between Longcheer Holdings and Pacific Star Development has no impact whatsoever on the commitment of the developer to deliver to all buyers of Puteri Cove Residences a high standard of finishing and workmanship (as shown in the on-site show suites).

We appreciate your enquiry and thank you for writing to us.

Please be assured that the our team will continue to serve you.

Thank you.

Regards,
P Mah

alexlow888

Alfrescian
Loyal
southern marina sales gallery and show unit opening soon - 27 June
20150604_SM_eDM_Malaysia-page-001.jpg

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I popby the showroom at ShangriLa KL yesterday. As I k only buy above 1 mil, so asked abt their B1 type units which are 2 bedders at 1200+ sqf. low floors above 10 going for MYR895 psf nett and higher floors at MYR950 psf nett. all with 2 carpark lots.

Wow. Prices are extremely competitive.
Wonder what would this do to those who bought Puteri Cove. Think the price was much higher if not mistaken.
I think this will dampen the psf of the surrounding developments. But have to check out the build quality to compare properly.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. Prices are extremely competitive.
Wonder what would this do to those who bought Puteri Cove. Think the price was much higher if not mistaken.
I think this will dampen the psf of the surrounding developments. But have to check out the build quality to compare properly.

The residential blocks facade looks like HDB but the office & suites look grand. Supply-wise it is equivalent to about 3 average-sized condo projects in Singapore. Nearby projects will be affected to some extent.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
The residential blocks facade looks like HDB but the office & suites look grand. Supply-wise it is equivalent to about 3 average-sized condo projects in Singapore. Nearby projects will be affected to some extent.

If they have something priced at 1mil nicely.. I really dun mind buying one there

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
I popby the showroom at ShangriLa KL yesterday. As I k only buy above 1 mil, so asked abt their B1 type units which are 2 bedders at 1200+ sqf. low floors above 10 going for MYR895 psf nett and higher floors at MYR950 psf nett. all with 2 carpark lots.

At tat pricing,r the units fully furnished or bare units? From the info i gathered, its all bare.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its only S$350,000 to own a freehold high floor sea or private marina facing condo now with RM 2.80. Really admire those who are buying for Retirement. Instead of S$3.5million in Sentosa they are paying just 10% of that price.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

Can I just check with you. I read some old reports that mentioned there would be a ferry service from Singapore's Harbourfront to Puteri Harbour ready in end 2013.

I did a search online and seems like there is no update on this and neither is such a ferry service in operation.

Anyone knows if this will happen or when it will be ready?

Thanks.

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last i heard its now Q4 2015. Ferry is from harbourfront n wavemaster won the contract........but definitely it has been delayed for quite some time. Maybe they are waitin for puteri harbour to have residents first.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its only S$350,000 to own a freehold high floor sea or private marina facing condo now with RM 2.80. Really admire those who are buying for Retirement. Instead of S$3.5million in Sentosa they are paying just 10% of that price.

Actually we Singaporeans should count ourselves lucky that our nest eggs are high in value becos of the SGD. I have spoken to some investors from India and Japan. Their fortunes are exactly the opposite.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, as a buyer of this condo I feel kinda cheated by Pacific Star. I dunno why they decided to sell their shares to a Chinese mobile firm, after all. Honestly if I know this from the beginning I won't buy. I do not have any confidence at all to Chinese firms. I have written an Email to a Mr. Mah and here is what he replied:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

The reported potential corporate deal that involves Longcheer Holdings (listed on mainboard Singapore Stock Exchange) has no impact on buyers of Puteri Cove Residences because all buyers signed the Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Pearl Discovery Development Sdn Bhd, the landowner and developer of Puteri Cove Residences.

The SPA contains clauses pertaining to the finishes and fixtures to be provided by the developer, and the SPA is a binding legal document that cannot be changed regardless of any circumstance.

The developer appointed IJM Construction, the top builder/contractor in Malaysia, as the main contractor for Puteri Cove Residences and construction is in full swing now. IJM Construction is well known for their superb workmanship and quality of finishing, having built luxury projects such as the new Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, Troika KLCC and Binjai Residences KLCC.

The non-binding MOU signed between Longcheer Holdings and Pacific Star Development has no impact whatsoever on the commitment of the developer to deliver to all buyers of Puteri Cove Residences a high standard of finishing and workmanship (as shown in the on-site show suites).

Thank you.

Regards,
P Mah

Hi, initially, I have the same concern as you, but Glan Chan, the CEO of Pacific Star (Development) called me and explained. Nothing alarm. You can contact Ms Tee from Puteri Cove showflat, and tell her you need to speak to Glan Chan. She will relay the message to him.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you.

Regards,
P Mah

I know exactly how you feel. That is what happenned to SP Setia too when PNB takeover the company in a hostile way. Many Setia Eco Cascadia buyers are very disappointed when this project turn to become a GLC project. Many buyers have opt to sell their unit and buy EcoWorld unit next to it.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone going to Southern Marina Opening? One long time investor friend of mine is coming over to Singapore and is planning to visit SMR to have a look. He told me its really attractive for retirement. The last time he came over the exchange rate was RM2.50 and for a RM 1.5 million house he has to pay S$600,000. Now he is just paying S$535,000... Bought him once to Sentosa Cove and Keppel and S$3.5 million leasehold simple turn him off.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the takeover of Puteri Cove by a China Company.. let me narrate a brief ( but true ) story of what happened in my office canteen

The owner has been in the red for a decade. Stall tenants come and go citing poor crowd. 10 years of dismay and a team of China bosses came to take up as main tenant. Immediately, the cleaning lady quit in frustration, saying that no way is she gota work with a team of PRC. ( somemore under them ) Her salary was like S$1200/month.

The PRC team came in and from day 1 you can see the change in attitude and ambience of the whole canteen. When there is labour shortage, they double up to make coffee, collect money and sweep the floor. No kidding. Now I avoid the canteen as its packed to the brim. They are efficient and ruthless if needed. Don't underestimate them. Singapore condos are HDBs are now being constructed by PRCs firms. How? Don't stay in Singapore? Gone were the days when Made in China items are atrocious.

I heard the cleaning lady went back to Malaysia to work as a cleaner with RM 800 ( S$300 ) salary.

Sylver

Hi, I'm new to the forum..

Need advice - Is kinda weird... I'm financing on my own - so a cash buyer from Encorp's view (Ph1 project).
So far, I'd only paid a progressive round in 2013, together with the legal fee... and then no news no demand for payment since...
Thought there were supposedly some progressive payments in 2014, 2015 and so on? Checked with the lawyer.. they said haven't done to my floor yet... But, should I be really concerned?
Anyone has any clue if the development is on-going?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, reminder today is SMR ( Southern Marina Residences ) official launching. Now should be too late to enter Malaysia ( 822am ) as I saw the jam at Tuas is atrocious even at 7am.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come what may to the property market, Puteri Harbour is still Puteri Harbour.
It stands up head and shoulders above all.