• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suddenly got new branded eateries to PH I am really not used to it. Visited PH last night and was astonished to find crowd there on Weekdays... Its very hard to believe that just 3-5 years ago this place only got me and a miserable Security guard chatting whenever I visited after 5pm. That time as usual there were plenty of naysayers .. all kinds of reasoning which make my day.. such as the bombs from SAF mis-firing frequently.. or F-16 jets doing a 9-11 into Gelang Patah by mistake ( not purposely of course ) ..

Some commented the strait is too narrow and no view no feng-shui.. no "shui" ( water) means no feng-shui and expect a miserable-pathetic crowd presence.

Today, even when none of the condos TOP, the place is packed to the brim. I hope they can build a Multi-storey CP of 1000+ lots for us soon like the Golden Shoe CP in Raffles Place

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
Niche restaurants like this will help make the place exclusive. Must try one day and the Thai restaurant too.
Globally, it is hard to find a hotel even 5 star ones, to have so many restaurant choices at the door step. This will be very good for Jen hotel. Coupled with a serene marina environment, it is definitely a liveable place.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Niche restaurants like this will help make the place exclusive. Must try one day and the Thai restaurant too.
Globally, it is hard to find a hotel even 5 star ones, to have so many restaurant choices at the door step. This will be very good for Jen hotel. Coupled with a serene marina environment, it is definitely a liveable place.

How will Sentosa's Marina F&B compare with Puteri Harbour's?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though Somerset Puteri Harbour is going to handover next month, but I doubt there will be a mass sell-off in the market. Reason being:

Those owners that have 10 yr leaseback to Somerset would sure like to see the place settle down n grown for the next 2-3 years as they have a minimum 5% return.

For those waterfront owners with no leaseback, there is good chance Somerset will strike a leaseback deal with them and even if they sell, it will be very niche direct waterfront units with strong pricing.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
How will Sentosa's Marina F&B compare with Puteri Harbour's?

I have only been to One 15 Marina Club at Cove Drive Sentosa district, a couple years back. Didn't like it at all, feel congested, too many steel structures and very unnatural, lots of condo units facing the marina but the units are too close to one another (perhaps maximise space usage) and I recall during dinner only saw a Chinese restaurant, a Western bistro and a pub. Didn't like it at all despite the hype (think it was voted best Asian marina in 2014 and has 5 gold Anchor rating). I am not sure now if they have more food outlets but I don't think One Marina 15 can come close to Puteri Harbour in terms of serenity, natural feel, space and most importantly food !!! (PH already have a few restaurants and cafes now). I read the marina in Puteri Harbour was designed by a renowned marina designer (the first time I step into Puteri Harbour, despite only the marina clubhouse and nothing else, I had a good feel and really like the serenity of the place). Good job by the designer.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri harbour is modeled after monte Carlo, where the waterfront units are worth usd5000 psf. That's why when I heard southern marina residences going for rm900+psf, it got me all excited. Just imagin the potential. Moreover southern marina is right at the waterfront and in front of the private marina.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have only been to One 15 Marina Club at Cove Drive Sentosa district, a couple years back. Didn't like it at all, feel congested, too many steel structures and very unnatural, lots of condo units facing the marina but the units are too close to one another (perhaps maximise space usage) and I recall during dinner only saw a Chinese restaurant, a Western bistro and a pub. Didn't like it at all despite the hype (think it was voted best Asian marina in 2014 and has 5 gold Anchor rating). I am not sure now if they have more food outlets but I don't think One Marina 15 can come close to Puteri Harbour in terms of serenity, natural feel, space and most importantly food !!! (PH already have a few restaurants and cafes now). I read the marina in Puteri Harbour was designed by a renowned marina designer (the first time I step into Puteri Harbour, despite only the marina clubhouse and nothing else, I had a good feel and really like the serenity of the place). Good job by the designer.

Puteri Harbour is also rated 5 Gold Anchor :smile: Can't wait to see the place after all the beautiful condos are up !

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri harbour is modeled after monte Carlo, where the waterfront units are worth usd5000 psf. That's why when I heard southern marina residences going for rm900+psf, it got me all excited. Just imagin the potential. Moreover southern marina is right at the waterfront and in front of the private marina.

Heard top floors private marina units can be snapped up @ S$370,000 ( the price of a 2 bed-room in Singapore ). Even if ringgit crashes to RM5 vs S$1, this place is a heaven to stay in, seriously. That is why I always wanted to laugh at some naysayers who keep harping on a Malaysia property crash. Life goes on and even if your unit is worth RM 100, its a seafronting unit for your retirement.

In Singapore you die your business, how many times have we heard that?

Another point to note: Sentosa Cove owners can lose millions of Sing dollars when they exit the market. How many millions of Sing dollars can you lose if you were to "force-sell" Puteri Harbour units? S$370,000 is the max you can lose provided the value of property becomes zero, which has never happened.. And if you really need to force sell your unit when its jut S$370,000, I don't think PH is the place for you to invest in.. probably get a proper job and pay via CPF for a new BTO in Singapore sounds like a better deal.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every 1-2 momths I will drop by to enjoy the sea breeze and patronize the sky bar to check out the "crowd" esp on Friday and Sat nights. This place is going to be hotter and classier than Tanah Sutera Utama, the first place I invested in and which has suddenly become a hot place for locals. Too local for my likings. Not that I look down on locals since I am 60% local.

PH is more meant for expats & people who prefer peace and serene environment.

Don't just see the photos my friend. Drop by to feel for yourself but parking is extremely limited on Fridays and Saturdays night. You can try paying RM 10 to get the chaps in the lobby to find a place for you though and they will be more than willing to help.

Have not been to PH for a while. Anyone has photos taken at PH recently?

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard top floors private marina units can be snapped up @ S$370,000 ( the price of a 2 bed-room in Singapore ). Even if ringgit crashes to RM5 vs S$1, this place is a heaven to stay in, seriously. That is why I always wanted to laugh at some naysayers who keep harping on a Malaysia property crash. Life goes on and even if your unit is worth RM 100, its a seafronting unit for your retirement.

In Singapore you die your business, how many times have we heard that?

Another point to note: Sentosa Cove owners can lose millions of Sing dollars when they exit the market. How many millions of Sing dollars can you lose if you were to "force-sell" Puteri Harbour units? S$370,000 is the max you can lose provided the value of property becomes zero, which has never happened.. And if you really need to force sell your unit when its jut S$370,000, I don't think PH is the place for you to invest in.. probably get a proper job and pay via CPF for a new BTO in Singapore sounds like a better deal.

kawan, no need to humtum the naysayers this hard.
actually when analysed, there are no ph naysayers, only iskandar as a whole particularly the CG & RF properties.
both of them entered the market huge and at the wrong time hence created these bubble scenarios.
so far I haven't really read or heard anyone both from both sides of causeway mentioning ph, hardly.
so I gather many people have not much idea about ph probably like you have suggested,
"Don't just see the photos my friend. Drop by to feel for yourself...."

uem was rather gradual in their ph promotion some years ago and has sort of stopped.
and those years have seen very good sales by them and encorp. although subsequent projects were slow
uem just simply stood down. since then RF and CG came into the limelight. by then the msian govt short
everything down coupled by bad economy.

so friends, take puteriworld advice, go visit ph more often to assure yourselves.
and please visit spice grill and tell us about the food which some people highly recommend.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Resta...l-Johor_Bahru_Johor_Bahru_District_Johor.html

btw pw, ph property drop to zero? i reserve yours for a hundred anytime.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err yeah surrounding me plenty of naysayers but the expats are not dumb.. Singapore condos with sea views are priced S$5 million and above in Sentosa Cock. Over here, its S$300k+. No brainer.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robert Kuok Southern Marina project selling at RM950 psf on average. Launching 23 Jan 15 .
If this is the psf price for a high floor sea facing unit, Should be a good buy. But i don't expect it to be a luxurious condo like the puteri cove, should be a medium plus quality condo.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a very good buy given this price even if its bare unit.. so we are not expecting the 6-star quality of the condo opp.. which is priced at least 20-30% higher.

If this is the psf price for a high floor sea facing unit, Should be a good buy. But i don't expect it to be a luxurious condo like the puteri cove, should be a medium plus quality condo.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot agree more.

As I understand, price ranges from 800-1100 psf after 5% discount. The price depends on Floor Rise and unit size. The development is designed such that units either face the Straits or Private Marina, so both sides have good views.

For those who missed the first wave, I would think that this is a great opportunity.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. This will put a dampener on the priceprices for Puteri cove and the surrounding development. They can't be happy about it.