• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri Cove VVIP preview tonight.... not too keen to go, but might just pop by later to kay poh. Just want to know how bad is the market and how desperate is the developer with the sales package.

Currently was told 6% cash rebate on TOP (3% on SPA, 3% completion)

Will update once I get back (if i decide to go)

My predictions would be:

It is time for market differentiation. The emphasis would be on quality, location and of course size.
Location is good but have to look out if the topography is on the lower level.

Verdict: The 2 rooms units would sell fast but those 1 room unit would be sluggish.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got the VVIP (deal direct with developer).
Basically 2 tier price. Only launch tower 1 for now (nearest the empty plot of land). Paper discount 10% for seaview, 8% for marina view. 3% cash rebate after TOP.
Price after paper discount PSF from 1147-1479. List Price lowest 888k to 6.4mil (pre discount)

VIP on Sat should get the 5% for seaview, 3% for marina. Public is ?2%.
Most of the marina already taken up by associate before the VVIP preview (50%)
Maintainance is RM0.6 / PSF

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
My predictions would be:

It is time for market differentiation. The emphasis would be on quality, location and of course size.
Location is good but have to look out if the topography is on the lower level.

Verdict: The 2 rooms units would sell fast but those 1 room unit would be sluggish.

any idea roughly the absolute price after discount? 600k + can get?

penjohorian

Alfrescian
Loyal
any idea roughly the absolute price after discount? 600k + can get?

Think 600K+ can only get for a studio unit (if developer still launch the studio).
Definitely cannot get 2 room for 600K+.

But with the new rules of min 1 mil for foreigner starting 2014, i wonder how can these studio units sell to foreigner in future subsale market.
If can't, those studio units will become local market.
There will be a question of how many local willing to buy a studio for >600K+?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think 600K+ can only get for a studio unit (if developer still launch the studio).
Definitely cannot get 2 room for 600K+.

But with the new rules of min 1 mil for foreigner starting 2014, i wonder how can these studio units sell to foreigner in future subsale market.
If can't, those studio units will become local market.
There will be a question of how many local willing to buy a studio for >600K+?

yup, that is the problem. but PH does have a nice seaview. then again, the cheaper studios may not have sea view? so two beds are like 800k?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup, that is the problem. but PH does have a nice seaview. then again, the cheaper studios may not have sea view? so two beds are like 800k?

I think all units have seaview. Only it is facing which direction and if it is the lower floors.
2 room ones ranges from 881 sq ft to 906 sq ft. @ average 1350, it will work out to be about RM 1.2M.
Not too many freehold land left in Puteri Harbour area.

http://www.singaporepropertyforsale.info/puteri-cove/

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marina view got studio or 1br.

Buy RM 800k type of unit. By the time TOP after 4 years and plus GST 6%, value should be more than RM1.0M.

But be careful, rental is going to be very weak as the area would be loaded with completed empty units. Go in only for own use and buy only what you can afford. Not recommended for those who need high loan margins.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy RM 800k type of unit. By the time TOP after 4 years and plus GST 6%, value should be more than RM1.0M.

But be careful, rental is going to be very weak as the area would be loaded with completed empty units. Go in only for own use and buy only what you can afford. Not recommended for those who need high loan margins.
i still trying to foresee really worth that money to buy PH sea view or not... i agree the place is very nice.. but price wise? is it priced forward 5-6 years already/?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i still trying to foresee really worth that money to buy PH sea view or not... i agree the place is very nice.. but price wise? is it priced forward 5-6 years already/?

I bought a 2 room unit 1407 sq ft Encorp T2 @ RM 1084 psf after discount in Dec 2012. It is fully furnished with ID package complete with TV. So what do you think?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
w tat $, i'll hoot a bangalow w a large piece of land to run ard. :p

With that money I can also hoot two terrace houses side by side in Seri Alam, punch a passage through the walls and have a very big jumbo landed house to run around. :biggrin:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
With that money I can also hoot two terrace houses side by side in Seri Alam, punch a passage through the walls and have a very big jumbo landed house to run around. :biggrin:

Different phases of life got different preferences...lol

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a 2 room unit 1407 sq ft Encorp T2 @ RM 1084 psf after discount in Dec 2012. It is fully furnished with ID package complete with TV. So what do you think?

compared to today it's cheap!! congrats. i'm so jealous! anyway, i already know PH is too ex for me. nice to have seaview..

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
compared to today it's cheap!! congrats. i'm so jealous! anyway, i already know PH is too ex for me. nice to have seaview..

As Bro Potter pointed out, you can buy a big banglo with that type of money. And rightly so, that's the natural progression in property investment.
When you are young, you want a condo
When you got kids, you want a link house
When your kids grow up, you want a bigger house
When your kids married and move out, you find house is empty
When you are old, you want a small house.