• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't singapore need to set up a CIQ / ICA at Tuas then? otherwise, they will have to go to harbourfront, then take MRT all the way to Tuas.

that is what uem told us few years back on a ciq/ica for water taxis at tuas marina. whether approval from sg side ok or not, not confirmed.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is what uem told us few years back on a ciq/ica for water taxis at tuas marina. whether approval from sg side ok or not, not confirmed.

there cud even be a joint SIN /MY one stop CIQ at PH ? makes sense to hv water taxis to Tuas Marina as it takes only abt 20 mins ?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
PPB: Puteri Harbour project will boost earnings by 2015
Posted on 28 August 2013 - 05:38am
Eva Yeong
[email protected]

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 28, 2013): PPB Group Bhd expects its mixed project in Puteri Harbour at Nusajaya, Johor to be launched in the middle of next year and begin contributing positively to the group by 2015, said its COO of properties division Chew Hwei Yeow.

For the first half ended June 30, 2013 (H1), the property investment and development division contributed 19% to the group's segmental profit of RM156 million.

The group has also allocated RM60 million out of its RM528 million capital commitment towards this division. Of the RM60 million, RM40 million is allocated for the Puteri Harbour project which has an estimated gross development value of RM1.5 billion.

Chew said the project is located close to the second link to Singapore and the Custom & Immigration Quarantine Complex as well as other facilities which will attract both local and foreign buyers.

PPB Group managing director Lim Soon Huat said the project, which spans 12.5 acres with total gross floor area of 2 million sq ft, is at the planning stage and pending approvals.

He said it will be launched in stages and completed by 2017. The project comprises serviced residences and apartments, office tower and a food and beverage retail mall.

Lim said it is bullish on property development in Iskandar Malaysia and expects demand for the industrial properties to generate good growth for residential and commercial properties in Johor.

The proposed development will be undertaken by Southern Marina Development Sdn Bhd, a 70:30 joint venture company between the Kuok Brothers Group and Khazanah Nasional Bhd via Huge Quest Realty Sdn Bhd and Tanjung Bidara Ventures Sdn Bhd respectively.

The Kuok Brothers holds a 60% stake in Huge Quest while PPB Group holds the remaining 40%. PPB Group has a 28% indirect interest in Southern Marina, which bought the land from UEM Land Holdings Bhd for RM182 million in April this year.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
expect another spike in prices !

PPB: Puteri Harbour project will boost earnings by 2015
Posted on 28 August 2013 - 05:38am
Eva Yeong
[email protected]

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 28, 2013): PPB Group Bhd expects its mixed project in Puteri Harbour at Nusajaya, Johor to be launched in the middle of next year and begin contributing positively to the group by 2015, said its COO of properties division Chew Hwei Yeow.

For the first half ended June 30, 2013 (H1), the property investment and development division contributed 19% to the group's segmental profit of RM156 million.

The group has also allocated RM60 million out of its RM528 million capital commitment towards this division. Of the RM60 million, RM40 million is allocated for the Puteri Harbour project which has an estimated gross development value of RM1.5 billion.

Chew said the project is located close to the second link to Singapore and the Custom & Immigration Quarantine Complex as well as other facilities which will attract both local and foreign buyers.

PPB Group managing director Lim Soon Huat said the project, which spans 12.5 acres with total gross floor area of 2 million sq ft, is at the planning stage and pending approvals.

He said it will be launched in stages and completed by 2017. The project comprises serviced residences and apartments, office tower and a food and beverage retail mall.

Lim said it is bullish on property development in Iskandar Malaysia and expects demand for the industrial properties to generate good growth for residential and commercial properties in Johor.

The proposed development will be undertaken by Southern Marina Development Sdn Bhd, a 70:30 joint venture company between the Kuok Brothers Group and Khazanah Nasional Bhd via Huge Quest Realty Sdn Bhd and Tanjung Bidara Ventures Sdn Bhd respectively.

The Kuok Brothers holds a 60% stake in Huge Quest while PPB Group holds the remaining 40%. PPB Group has a 28% indirect interest in Southern Marina, which bought the land from UEM Land Holdings Bhd for RM182 million in April this year.

D

Deleted member 80916

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
just got wind that my Pinetree Marina Yacht Resort will officially launch next month! will my ordeal and anguish finally end? will I finally get my freedom?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "nottiboy's adventures in PH"

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
just got wind that my Pinetree Marina Yacht Resort will officially launch next month! will my ordeal and anguish finally end? will I finally get my freedom?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "nottiboy's adventures in PH"

told you so. it's too high profile to not go ahead. also, you locked in the price early early since signed SPA. Moral of the story: don't get so hot so fast!
btw love your writeup on the potential fiscal and economic problems moving forward. very prescient.

Last edited:

HorizonHillsBukitIndah

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Foreigners are not allowed to buy properties in resale market, then who should we Singaporean sell Iskanda properties to?

We can't sell to Malaysian, since they will not buy, they can buy at Malaysian units, or bumi lots.
If we can't sell to Foreigners, what will happen?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't sign any SPA. it was only a booking form. there might still be surprises down the road-layout change, price change, fittings change, etc. With MY developers, you never know rite?

My Economic blah blah was quite good rite? :smile: a lot of thought went into it. wrote it cos this forum can get too rosy sometimes, and ppl might start forgetting that MY and SG are really peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

told you so. it's too high profile to not go ahead. also, you locked in the price early early since signed SPA. Moral of the story: don't get so hot so fast!
btw love your writeup on the potential fiscal and economic problems moving forward. very prescient.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found the following news in Chinese:

Johor will stop foreigners from buying properties in resale market
http://mykampung.sinchew.com.my/node/248268
which says Foreigners are the main cause of rising property price in Johor, the therefore Johor will ban Foreigners from buying properties in resale market.

If it is true, things will turn extremely UGLY.

In Australia it is the same. The restriction there is foreigners cannot buy resale properties. Foreigners can only buy new properties.
Therefore you cannot sell your property to any foreigners, only to locals. But Aussies like landed unless in center of big cities, then no choice. Then again, the upside is really shitty.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't sign any SPA. it was only a booking form. there might still be surprises down the road-layout change, price change, fittings change, etc. With MY developers, you never know rite?

My Economic blah blah was quite good rite? :smile: a lot of thought went into it. wrote it cos this forum can get too rosy sometimes, and ppl might start forgetting that MY and SG are really peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

I think Tiong Nam did not get Government approval to sell the project yet until now. What they did was to get the bookings unofficially first. That's why it is only booking. Then again, they cannot take your booking fee yet. At most is just a cheque. After it is officially launched, then only SPA can be prepared as final specs and drawings would be included in the SPA. Watch out if the TOP date is from the date of signing or date of stamping. MY developers are very smart in protecting themselves. Anyway, happy for you.