• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore and Johor shares the same Johor Straits with both having almost the same length of waterfront land.
Now you see there are suddenly so many developments on the JB side along this Strait's waterfront, all featuring "pristine waterfront", "sandy beaches", sea fronting", spectacular coastal and sea view, etc.
How come there were no developers from Singapore taking advantage and capitalized on those same features and built some up market condos along the same beautiful "spectacular coastal and sea view with pristine water" on Singapore side???
Or is it that on the Singapore side of the Straits there is no sandy beaches, pristine waterfront, spectacular coastal and sea view etc???

technically, it's not even a "straits". Water doesn't flow across, which is the definition of "straits".

It's more like a bay. or a basin. water not free flowing..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it fascinating when there are Singaporeans and SPRs who would be interested to buy units here that are not much bigger than those offered in Singapore... If you wanna buy in Malaysia, why not buy a bigger place? Why live in an apartment as small as Singapore in JB???

Woodlands 99LH ~ S$1000 psf. Just 5 km away FH ~ S$400 psf, not to mention the lower cost of living. The key is the RTS.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woodlands 99LH ~ S$1000 psf. Just 5 km away FH ~ S$400 psf, not to mention the lower cost of living. The key is the RTS.

I understand the psf part. So, I am asking why not get bigger units or even landed property? Why pay to squeeze like you are in Singapore? I thought the resason to move is because they wanted to get away from a hectic lifestyle?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand the psf part. So, I am asking why not get bigger units or even landed property? Why pay to squeeze like you are in Singapore? I thought the resason to move is because they wanted to get away from a hectic lifestyle?

Smaller units => Lower financial risks, lower maintenance fee and taxes, easier to rent out and higher rental yield. Optimal size is 2-bedder.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smaller units => Lower financial risks, lower maintenance fee and taxes, easier to rent out and higher rental yield. Optimal size is 2-bedder.

Yup..

Also, landed properties are usually far from causeway and accessible by cars..
Most Singaporeans already gave up driving due to COE..
How are they going to readily access those landed properties??

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
technically, it's not even a "straits". Water doesn't flow across, which is the definition of "straits".

It's more like a bay. or a basin. water not free flowing..

Its actually a long stretch of stale and stagnant water that you don't even see the locals swim in.

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal

In other words, it is investing in JB as if one is investing in Singapore. I am not sure if that will work out well.

The most popular form of housing in sprawling cities in the world, like Los Angeles and San Francisco, are not apartments but houses in suburbs... Just saying.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
In other words, it is investing in JB as if one is investing in Singapore. I am not sure if that will work out well.

The most popular form of housing in sprawling cities in the world, like Los Angeles and San Francisco, are not apartments but houses in suburbs... Just saying.

fhbh is correct in saying smaller apartments make sense for investment (rental). since quantum is lower, holding costs are lower as well. Landed is more for own stay. Rental for landed sucks more than apartments. It is the same in KL, i suppose it would be same in JB. This is due to the inherent nature of people who rent, i.e transients. This group would pay more for convenience, security, facilities (compared to landed), and are more likely to go for smaller units, too (as opposed to renting a large apartment at much higher rates).

however, the proof is in the pudding. At 1000psf, a 500sft studio costs 500k++. one would need rental of 2K+ to get decent COCR (assuming long loan tenure , say 35 years).

the question is: will that kind of rental (2.k+ for 500sft studio) be sustainable in JB? And what is one's competition in the same neighbourhood? how many units are in the pipline? 3000 ? 6000?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
fhbh is correct in saying smaller apartments make sense for investment (rental). since quantum is lower, holding costs are lower as well. Landed is more for own stay. Rental for landed sucks more than apartments. It is the same in KL, i suppose it would be same in JB. This is due to the inherent nature of people who rent, i.e transients. This group would pay more for convenience, security, facilities (compared to landed), and are more likely to go for smaller units, too (as opposed to renting a large apartment at much higher rates).

however, the proof is in the pudding. At 1000psf, a 500sft studio costs 500k++. one would need rental of 2K+ to get decent COCR (assuming long loan tenure , say 35 years).

the question is: will that kind of rental (2.k+ for 500sft studio) be sustainable in JB? And what is one's competition in the same neighbourhood? how many units are in the pipline? 3000 ? 6000?

Renting $2.5k RM is about $1k SGD for a 2-bedder. This is a very good deal compared to renting a 1-bedder at Woodlands for $2.5k SGD. So I think there is a good chance of hitting this rental or higher if the RTS is materialised. Else a $2k RM rental can still be expected if RTS falls through.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
But too small a unit with lower budget will attract the wrong group of people. After a while it will become a short-term stay unit (hotel) like the Sail in Singapore when owners are desperate.
Renting $2.5k RM is about $1k SGD for a 2-bedder. This is a very good deal compared to renting a 1-bedder at Woodlands for $2.5k SGD. So I think there is a good chance of hitting this rental or higher if the RTS is materialised. Else a $2k RM rental can still be expected if RTS falls through.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup..

Also, landed properties are usually far from causeway and accessible by cars..
Most Singaporeans already gave up driving due to COE..
How are they going to readily access those landed properties??

Take bus to CIQ, den retrieve their MY cars parked near CIQ? If wife/parents are home-makers, can pick up from CIQ also. Or take cabs at the CIQ....There aren't many condos within walking dist to CIQ too. N its dangerous to walk too much ard CIQ area.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

beeeep. wrong. an R&F studio 500 sft is about 500k right. so for 2.5K RM you only get a studio. u want to pay 2.5k rm for a studio.

a bigger 2 bed is about what? 800k? you need rental of 3-4k to cover, assumin loan tenure 35 years (ie buyer is aged 35 below).

and you can get a 2 bedder for an older condo near bukitbatok for 2.5k sgd currently. so the sums don't add up for r&f at tht pricing.

my personal opinions.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO, the main reason why condo units are popular and easy to rent because we have a large no of migratory birds that land on our shores. PRC, viets, pinoys or even exotic Eastern European birds. I hear DNP side, stulang, n Permas Side are best to view these birds. Oh the birds only come out at night to hunt for food. Be careful!:biggrin:

i used to go DNP. the birds hunt VERY WELL. kakaka.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
beeeep. wrong. an R&F studio 500 sft is about 500k right. so for 2.5K RM you only get a studio. u want to pay 2.5k rm for a studio.

a bigger 2 bed is about what? 800k? you need rental of 3-4k to cover, assumin loan tenure 35 years (ie buyer is aged 35 below).

and you can get a 2 bedder for an older condo near bukitbatok for 2.5k sgd currently. so the sums don't add up for r&f at tht pricing.

my personal opinions.

I'm an optimist. There is a possibility rental rate will be better when the RTS is up :smile:

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,

I bought R&F for long term exit strategy...
If I get retrenched, I can have the option of downgrading to staying in JB and rent out HDB flat for survival...
Also can do that in my old age..

Most important factor in my considerations for that 2-Br is proximity to CIQ... RTS got or not nevermind because CIQ is confirmed.. and FREEHOLD
I also took into considerations the condo flood and high interest rate and possibly exchange rate working against me..
To me, rental income will be a bonus because I know rental income in crap in JB..

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many multi nationals companies are most willing to pay RM2500 for their expat to stay in such studio. Is very much cheaper than staying in hotel. I think the pricing in R & F is reasonable.

Are there so many MNC in the 1st place? If so, how come the occupancy rates at the newly built condos are so low now?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,

If I get retrenched, I can have the option of downgrading to staying in JB and rent out HDB flat for survival...

Most important factor in my considerations for that 2-Br is proximity to CIQ... RTS got or not nevermind because CIQ is confirmed.. and FREEHOLD
I also took into considerations the condo flood and high interest rate and possibly exchange rate working against me..
To me, rental income will be a bonus because I know rental income in crap in JB..

sorry if i posted negatively. those r my opinion and i'm no expert. a wise old bird told me recently "there is no price for 'buy for own stay'. " meaning as long as one like it, can afford it, and feel comfortabel with the unit, there is no right or wrong price. congrats on your purchase.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,

RM 903,812 before discount for 2 bedder of 873 sq ft? Mind sharing the price after discount? I think it's fine for self stay, esp if can rent out HDB. Any 5 room HDB can fetch at least S$2k rental in the open market now.....hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.