• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Punggol East By-Election Later News Update

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
735151_591849857498268_1571678358_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Lee Li Lian (李丽连)[/h]The past week has been really fruitful.

A trip was made to the Parliamentary House for an orientation session for the upcoming swearing-in. I was provided with lots of reading material, including the Population White Paper. It was a great honour to also have met the newly-appointed Speaker of Parliament, Madam Halimah Yacob.

Besides heading down to survey the MPS site, fruitful time was also spent on house visits to residents of Punggol East.

Looking forward to 4th of February (Monday) for my swearing-in to the Parliament, as well as the first MPS session thereafter!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP's Lee Li Lian sworn in as MP for Punggol East
Posted: 04 February 2013 1344 hrs

display_image.php

534888_10151277706767934_1010917516_n.jpg

SINGAPORE: Ms Lee Li Lian of the Workers' Party (WP) was sworn in as the Member of Parliament for Punggol East on Monday.

Ms Lee beat the People's Action Party's Dr Koh Poh Koon, the Reform Party's Kenneth Jeyaretnam and the Singapore Democratic Alliance's Desmond Lim in a four-cornered by-election on January 26.

Ms Lee won the seat with 54.5 per cent of the votes cast.

She is the 7th elected WP member in the House.

WP has two non-constituency MPs, Mr Gerald Giam and Mr Yee Jenn Jong.

-CNA/ac

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe frameborder="0" height="460" width="380" src="http://info.channelnewsasia.com/videoplayer/cnaplayer/videoplayer.php?playerName=cna&skin=player108.swf&bgskin=playerbackground08.swf&filename=w130204_parl_1_leelilianoath.flv&adfilebefore=&adfileafter=&playmode=R&debugMode=off&&withHeader=1&isAutoplay=0&videoTitle=WPs-Lee-Li-Lian-sworn-in-as-MP-for-Punggol-East"></iframe>

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The swearing-in took place today at 1.30pm and it officially marks my new role as the MP for Punggol East. My father and husband were invited guests.
I'm on my way to my first MPS. Looking forward to meet the residents!

549239_407877422634104_769602701_n.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Congratulations!

Keep up the good work.
Wish you continuing good health, satisfaction and success in your endeavours.

Please remember to eat nutritiously balanced meals including several servings of fresh fruits and vegetables plus 2 to 3 servings of milk, milk products or alternatives, drink more water, and get adequate rest.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ended my first MPS close to 2am. I hope that the appeals I write on behalf of the residents will receive positive replies.

Received a lot of congratulatory messages and tokens. Among them, I like this handmade item the most :smile:

By the way, if you are thinking of making your way to Parliament, it starts from 12.30pm today instead of the usual 1.30pm

11289_408208735934306_1643880255_n.jpg

godiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro sengkang,

Saw this signature of yours : The man who have rocked HG for 20 years. The man who has walked the grounds of HG for 20 years. The man who remembered my mum's leg condition each time he knocked on our door. The man who would console the family who has lost a loved one. He is Mr. Low Thia Kiang.

Mike Wong

Please help convey this to LLL. The LLL (of Punggol East) of today can one day be the LTK (of Hougang) of yesterday. One day some PE residents may say :

The woman who have rocked PE for 20 years. The woman who has walked the grounds of PE for 20 years. The woman who remembered my mum's leg condition each time she knocked on our door. The woman who would console the family who has lost a loved one. She is Ms. Lee Li Lian.

Make Punggol East a WP fortress like Hougang!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Li Lian calls for more support to be given to single mothers
By S Ramesh | Posted: 06 February 2013 1606 hrs

SINGAPORE: Newly-elected opposition Member of Parliament (MP) Lee Li Lian focused her maiden speech on Singapore's declining total fertility rate (TFR).

Speaking in Parliament on Wednesday, the Workers' Party's MP she said without tackling the TFR directly, Singapore would have to continue increasing the population with immigrants. And besides the billions spent on baby bonuses, she said the government can also support those on the margins of society - like single mothers.

"Singapore sees an average of 12,000 abortions a year and four out of 10 women who went for abortions were single women.

"Reducing the discrimination against single mothers may reduce the likelihood of single mothers having to resort to terminating their pregnancies for fear of lack of support.

"Furthermore, for a country suffering from a fertility crisis, each child should be valued and not punished because he or she is born to unmarried parents," she said.

- CNA/ck

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Li Lian (李丽连)

Made my maiden speech in Parliament today.

Received a call halfway through my dinner from a shop owner in Rivervale Plaza informing me that water is pouring out from their ceiling affecting a number of businesses.

Met Mr Teo Ser Luck when I made a trip down, and understood the situation better with the contractor for the renovation and the representative from HDB.

What an eventful day!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Lee Li Lian (李丽连)[/h]
Went through my first week of Parliament and had the privilege to participate in the debate on the Population White Paper, as well as new highs and lows in my life.

More than 70 MPs spoke on the Motion. A 'division' was called by Mr Low Thia Khiang during the voting on the Motion. This means that instead of voting by voice (Aye for yes, Nay for no) MPs have to vote by indicating on a device instead. More than 5 MPs will have to rise in support of the 'division' before it can be carried out.

Was a little disappointed when I saw the result even though I expected it to happen. If you missed it, this is my maiden speech....

http://wp.sg/2013/02/a-dynamic-popu...-family-and-work-life-balance-mp-lee-li-lian/

A Dynamic Population for a Sustainable Singapore – Supporting All Children, A Culture of Equality in
wp.sg
The recently released Population White Paper seeks to address two challenges-ageing

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leaving for Punggol East to do ground inspection before ushering in the New Year. It is a tradition started by Mr Low and something that I wish to practice too.

You can find updates of future Punggol East activities on the Punggol East Constituency Committee (PECC) on our new Facebook page below :smile:

Punggol East SMC

Ms Lee Li Lian is the Member of Parliament from Punggol East SMC This page serves to update residents and friends of grassroots activities in Punggol East SMC. Published by The Workers' Party 216-G Syed Alwi Road #02-03 Singapore 207799 Page: 384 like this

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Lee Li Lian (李丽连)[/h]Went through a briefing with volunteers for Meet the People Session, and conducted the 1st official meeting with the Punggol East Constituency Committee (PECC) members.

Although PECC is not fully formed yet, I'm glad we already have a team set up for now and are ready to plan for activities ahead.

Looking forward to tomorrow's Lunar New Year orange distribution with a special guest!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Lee Li Lian (李丽连)[/h]Done with Lunar New Year oranges distribution this morning. People were elated when they saw our mystery guest- Cai Shen Ye! More pictures will be uploaded onto PECC Facebook soon.

Ended the distribution with kopi at the newly opened coffee shop at Blk 182A, which also happens to be the newest block of flats in Punggol East.

The coffee shop is only selling their kopi for 50cents per cup as part of their opening promotion, so come and support if you can!

480159_414360048652508_937823609_n.jpg