• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Public Forum: Opposition - Where To?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am merely wondering what is the catch with Seelan Palay revealing that Braema Mathi of AWARE declined to speak. I don't think it is a very healthy practice for an organisation to name people who decline their invitation.

Case in point was naming the scholarship bond breakers. Nobody likes to be named like that.

The deeper issue is, how did Seelan Palay know who was on the invitee list when he claims not to be a member of SDP.

I think that declining invitation and breaking bond are two different matters. Furthermore, this is a political party forum, not a secret society meeting. I think that invites and declines are open, not secret. When not invited, there shouldn't be any offence taken. Neither should any offence be taken when invited but declined. Unless of course, Braema Mathi specifically requested the SDP not to tell about the invite and the decline. Otherwise, I don't see any problem with Seelan Palay knowing and saying.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw the announcement on the SDP website and the comments.

I am merely wondering what is the catch with Seelan Palay revealing that Braema Mathi of AWARE declined to speak. I don't think it is a very healthy practice for an organisation to name people who decline their invitation.

Case in point was naming the scholarship bond breakers. Nobody likes to be named like that.

The deeper issue is, how did Seelan Palay know who was on the invitee list when he claims not to be a member of SDP.

if seelan is not sdp, then chee soon juan must be pap!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that declining invitation and breaking bond are two different matters. Furthermore, this is a political party forum, not a secret society meeting. I think that invites and declines are open, not secret. When not invited, there shouldn't be any offence taken. Neither should any offence be taken when invited but declined. Unless of course, Braema Mathi specifically requested the SDP not to tell about the invite and the decline. Otherwise, I don't see any problem with Seelan Palay knowing and saying.

Don't think you got my point.

The issue was naming and the attempt to "shaming", not whether it was related to merely bond breaking or declining invitation. Naming can be applied to more examples, like naming the student who had the lowest marks in class. Schools are not secret societies either, but they don't normally announce everyone's marks to the public except the best ones.

The second issue is the issue of "singling out". AWARE might not have been the only organisation that declined the invite. The problem is "singling out" is that it gives those the impression that they "acted against majority public interest". It would be good that the SDP reveal the entire list of those who rejected their invitation.

The third is the issue of the writer finding out when #2 is absent. I would guess the leaders are the ones who send the invites. Since the list of declined invites were not formalised, who bothered to spread it around? Obviously, they were being "bitched" around during conversations.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't think you got my point.

The issue was naming and the attempt to "shaming", not whether it was related to merely bond breaking or declining invitation. Naming can be applied to more examples, like naming the student who had the lowest marks in class. Schools are not secret societies either, but they don't normally announce everyone's marks to the public except the best ones.

I don't get your point because I don't think that it's about "shaming". First, Seelan Palay was replying in context of most of the non-partisan speakers listed are well-known SDP supporters. He just wants to "make it clear" that neutrals are also invited. Second, as I've mentioned, I don't think there's any secret or any shame about being invited but choosing to decline. Care to elaborate what shame is involved by declining?

Last edited:

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
if seelan is not sdp, then chee soon juan must be pap!

old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, all rolled into one!

besides sucking lanjiaos what else do you noe?

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this 'thing' by these guys is positive 'stuff' then circus clowns can certainly do better!:biggrin:

old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, all rolled into one!

of course lah stealing, swindling, cheating, conning, lying, deceiving, fraudulent deeds are all like circus acts to you!

PTHUI!!!