• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pros and Cons of this passport...

liongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any more value in this passport or not?
Any risk involved when travelling overseas to declare this passport?
Can you get a free laid using this passport?
Any special treatment when arrested with this passport on you?
When you surrendering your passport and say "good riddance"?
How much you will pay to buy this passport?

Discuss..

MqiNh.jpg

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Q. Any more value in this passport or not?
A. Not much in it's traditional form but when they start to issue passports like IC or creditcard, you can do your banking on it too!

Q. Any risk involved when travelling overseas to declare this passport?
A. If Singapore continues to be neutral & friends with everyone, no real risks unless you get kidnapped by bedouins or some fanatics!

Q. Can you get a free laid using this passport?
A. Of course in PRC it's very sought after!

Q. Any special treatment when arrested with this passport on you?
A. They will look down on you with absolute & total disappointment, Singapore's reputation overseas is one of law abiding citizens!

Q. When you surrendering your passport and say "good riddance"?
A. No need surrender, just quietly have 2 or 3 or 4 passports:biggrin:

Q. How much you will pay to buy this passport?
A. Price going up every year & no more 10 year passport, so will be more & more EX in time to come!

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's only real value is that it allows Visa free travel to quite a number of countries. (As good as holding a U.S/Canadian or EU passport)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Singaporean_citizens

Sin passport Better than US lah....for chionging in china (no visa needed) & safer in Islamic countries (no attack from US hating mus)...also to add, US citizen working outside US pays double tax (one in where he's working & one to US)...sucks big time

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know there is an EU passport sort of thing. Learn new things everyday. :smile:

There isn't an EU passport per se but the member countries of the European Union allow freedom of travel (and employment) throughout their borders. No embarkation cards required at Immigration.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If one has a Singapore passport, that is about to EXPIRE, but Has Not Been USED at ALL, will one still has to pay to renew it or Will the ICA just RENEW it as they did many years backs?[/SIZE]

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one has a Singapore passport, that is about to EXPIRE, but Has Not Been USED at ALL, will one still has to pay to renew it or Will the ICA just RENEW it as they did many years backs?[/SIZE]

You got to renew it yourself.

Go to the police-post and get the form, send it in with a passport size photo and a cheque of 70 dollars.

Second way is to do it online.(70 dollars)

lastly, Go to ICA, Fill up the form and pay 80 dollars.

Passport will be ready within 5 days.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You got to renew it yourself.

Go to the police-post and get the form, send it in with a passport size photo and a cheque of 70 dollars.

Second way is to do it online.(70 dollars)

lastly, Go to ICA, Fill up the form and pay 80 dollars.

Passport will be ready within 5 days.

Thanks bro.

Which means that we must pay EVEN IF PASSPORT is still UNTOUCHED...........

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those in the drug biz prefers a S'pore passport. Supposedly easier and faster when clearing Immigration. Less suspicious too.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Q. Any more value in this passport or not?
A. I've traveled around the world and very seldom do I need to apply for Visa to go anywhere. So far I've been to more than 35 countries and only had to apply for visa for 3 of them

Q. Any risk involved when travelling overseas to declare this passport?
A. No but it ca be a bit troublesome in some countries even if U do not need visa to enter as they are unfamiliar with our passport. e.g. I got stuck at the Argentinian/Uruguay border control for more than 20 mins just so they can check how long I can stay in the country

Q. Can you get a free laid using this passport?
A. In PRC, surprising, yes actually. Not so much in big cities but smaller cities like Zhang Jia Gang or Chengdu U can give it a go. Although the passport alone will only give U some benefit the rest still depends on yourself

Q. Any special treatment when arrested with this passport on you?
A. Nope

Q. When you surrendering your passport and say "good riddance"?
A. why surrender such a good passport

Q. How much you will pay to buy this passport?
A. No idea

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal
This passport used to be very valuable to me 10 to 20 years ago.

During those days, I felt proud holding it in my hands. I didn't use plastic cover on the passport because I want others to know that I'm from Singapore, especially at the immigration counters. In other words, I felt proud to be a Singaporean during those days.

Nowadays, I use a plastic cover to coverup the whole passport so that others can't see the colour of my passport. I'm not proud of it anymore when it is given out like toilet papers to ah tiong, ah neh, pinoy and other 3rd world trashes.

Idiot Loong is going to increase the population to more than 6 millions. Actual local population is slightly more than 3m, so in the coming years, half of the people holding the red passport is not a local, and i feel extremely disgusted with it.

Looking forward to give up my red passport within 5 years :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks bro.

Which means that we must pay EVEN IF PASSPORT is still UNTOUCHED...........

Nothing is free in Spore:rolleyes:

When my passport was going to expire, they sent me a notice & the forms to renew. Some may applaud this as efficiency, while others look at as being money minded. Don't forget a passport is not free.

It's easier to do the update on-line. You will have to provide a digitized passport photo, with a white background. I went to JB to get the photos taken & had to re-do the photos because the 1st set had the wrong background:(

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are less inconveniences when traveling with a Singapore passport (most developed countries which kiss America's ass have this privilege), and it does fetch a good price on the black market.

But only the daft brainwashed Sinkies will regard the red Singapore passport as a source of national pride. Then again, they already did so for other inanimate objects (e.g. the flag, drinking water), so I'm not holding my breath.