• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Gavin Tee is nothing but always playing to the gallery. Last time I attended his seminar was in 2013 where he was heaping praises on Puteri Harbour, all cos he was sponsored by Tiong Nam to talk about Pinetree, then called Pinewood in PH. Now the winds shifted, he changed his stance.
Latest is in this property guru article, he said 2016 will be the worst performing year in Malaysia. In his fb page one day earlier, he said his prediction for 2018 will boom!! Everyone knows in 2018 will see completion of so many projects and market will oversupply. You still believe this snake oil salesman??? He is only trying to make sure he stay relevant and not forgotten in this real estate business.

-------------------------------------

(Also from property guru dated 23/12/2015 through his Fb)

True to his contrarian outlook as usual, Dato’ Sri Gavin Tee predicts that from 2018, the property market in Malaysia will start to come out of the doldrums and hit its peak between 2018 and 2020, after which the market will settle into a matured phase between 2025 and 2030. Prior to that bright period, however, the country will see its worst market performance in 2016 since the past 8 years.

Speaking recently at the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Swhengtee Group, PropertyGuru and Sin Chew in conjunction with the Swhengtee Real Estate Investment EXPO KL 2016, the property consultant said that his forecast is divided into 3-time frames:

2016 – the worst time of past 8 years in terms of market performance.
2018 to 2020 – Malaysia will hit peak time; enjoy its boom time!
2025 to 2030 – Property market will reach matured stage where many places would have been developed and urbanised (e.g: Iskandar Region).

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has nothing to gain by saying the market is going to sink. Anyway let's deal with statistics, 300 plus thousands oversupply coming in the pipeline, in Iskandar / Johor and banks tightening credit, how much more evidence do you need to be convinced? Snake oil salesman or no.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has nothing to gain by saying the market is going to sink.

He has nothing to gain except to keep his readers / followers interested. Property analysts like Ho Chin Soon and Fung Shui master Joey Yap is getting all the property talks paid by developers these days.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has nothing to gain by saying the market is going to sink. Anyway let's deal with statistics, 300 plus thousands oversupply coming in the pipeline, in Iskandar / Johor and banks tightening credit, how much more evidence do you need to be convinced? Snake oil salesman or no.

300 plus thousands? Where did you get ths statistics from? Approved / Pending/ launched or being built/ TOP in 2018?
It is very normal to have thousands and thousands approved but never being built in Malaysia. Land banks in Malaysia is cheap and developers have extreme holding power.

Sometimes developers need not build to make money. All they need is to get the plans approved, put in the infrastruture, hold it over time and then sell the entire project to another developer.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
300 plus thousands? Where did you get ths statistics from? Approved / Pending/ launched or being built/ TOP in 2018?
It is very normal to have thousands and thousands approved but never being built in Malaysia. Land banks in Malaysia is cheap and developers have extreme holding power.

I don't want to go through to tell about the source of figures again, it is getting tiring, click on my previous posts. Why then are banks tightening credit? that is the biggest hard evidence the market is on the decline, in boom times banks would be only too glad to lend and sieze your properties in case of default. So in this case banks tightening credit is nothing to do with over leveraging for the applicant. Just this alone would convince me not to buy anything.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't want to go through to tell about the source of figures again, it is getting tiring, click on my previous posts. Why then are banks tightening credit? that is the biggest hard evidence the market is on the decline, in boom times banks would be only too glad to lend and sieze your properties in case of default. So in this case banks tightening credit is nothing to do with over leveraging for the applicant. Just this alone would convince me not to buy anything.

Just for you only. Banks tighten credit not cos of market slow down. It not only affect property loans but everything else from credit card to car loans. It has something to do with national household debts, not housing loans. Malaysians in particular a certain race like to pay by installments from a fridge to a sofa set or a low cost flat. That built up the household debt to about 80% which is alarming. However, it does not affect those into higher end and high end properties. It will not affect those foreigners who buy Malaysian properties. Generally it does not affect the affluent ones.

Malaysian banks restrict credit is a requirement by the national bank policy. They would love to lend as they are flushed with funds. The interest rate is high at 4 to 7%. All banks want to make money. It is Bank Negara who say cannot. If you are into economic analysis, it is best go into Micro, Macro is always misleading overall.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor… I was granted 4 loan facility to choose just last month.
Some was quite generous with the % given. :biggrin:

I would say it's prudence lending rather than Free $ for all.
Bank Negara since 2014 had followed MAS. Nothing alarming.

Borrow wisely & budget accordingly will be fine.
Rental of any $ is a Bonus. :wink:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
You saw how I was being treated? And called names? Only trying to give advice and help those who have not gone in Johor / Iskandar. Including being called Bukit Timah, if the shoe fits, call it revenge.

Bt Timah is CCR. Prime District in SG.
I would gladly be labelled as Mr Bt Timah.

:cool:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for you only. Banks tighten credit not cos of market slow down. It not only affect property loans but everything else from credit card to car loans. It has something to do with national household debts, not housing loans. Malaysians in particular a certain race like to pay by installments from a fridge to a sofa set or a low cost flat. That built up the household debt to about 80% which is alarming. However, it does not affect those into higher end and high end properties. It will not affect those foreigners who buy Malaysian properties. Generally it does not affect the affluent ones.

Malaysian banks restrict credit is a requirement by the national bank policy. They would love to lend as they are flushed with funds. The interest rate is high at 4 to 7%. All banks want to make money. It is Bank Negara who say cannot. If you are into economic analysis, it is best go into Micro, Macro is always misleading overall.

Anyway even if loan credit is tightening means overall economy not good, just like MAS, they heard alarm bells long ago and tightened all forms of credits.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway even if loan credit is tightening means overall economy not good, just like MAS, they heard alarm bells long ago and tightened all forms of credits.

Credit tightening is bad for others but not really true for everyone.
It means property prices is dropping. It means not so many buyers to compete with me. It means many forced sale of in secondary market. Any money market crash seperate boys from men. It is time to get good bargains in high value properties. Just waiting for right time to swoop. Still not the lowest yet. Cash is KING :smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Credit tightening is bad for others but not really true for everyone.
It means property prices is dropping. It means not so many buyers to compete with me. It means many forced sale of in secondary market. Any money market crash seperate boys from men. It is time to get good bargains in high value properties. Just waiting for right time to swoop. Still not the lowest yet. Cash is KING :smile:

Good for me too for bargain hunting. Don't forget the other side of the coin, it is some other poor soul's loss.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor… I was granted 4 loan facility to choose just last month.
Some was quite generous with the % given. :biggrin:

I would say it's prudence lending rather than Free $ for all.
Bank Negara since 2014 had followed MAS. Nothing alarming.

Borrow wisely & budget accordingly will be fine.
Rental of any $ is a Bonus. :wink:

Revenge is sweeter than I thought ha ha ha ha.........

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for me too for bargain hunting. Don't forget the other side of the coin, it is some other poor soul's loss.

In any property investment, it is every man to himself.
Just remember the other guy who sold you the property would not give any of the profits back to you.
Brutal but that is the game.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
In any property investment, it is every man to himself.
Just remember the other guy who sold you the property would not give any of the profits back to you.
Brutal but that is the game.

The loser pays for his stupidity and lack of foresight.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol... Mr Bt Timah has the best Foresight coz he owns the only Crystal ball in the world that predicts the Future. lol

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lol... Mr Bt Timah has the best Foresight coz he owns the only Crystal ball in the world that predicts the Future. lol

Hes so sure n 100% confident JB properties owners are doomed for good! So much negative feedback on JB. And yet...hes so highly active in JB thread. Hes only defense was hes trying to warn us not to be foolish in buying jb properties. Hmm......

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hes so sure n 100% confident JB properties owners are doomed for good! So much negative feedback on JB. And yet...hes so highly active in JB thread. Hes only defense was hes trying to warn us not to be foolish in buying jb properties. Hmm......

Stone you until you cannot answer anymore. That's the answer what he wanted. You neber study marketing ah? :smile: