• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The poorest all the more would be willing to shift to JB if it can help them avoid collecting cardboards. In fact I know already of SG folks who shifted there after being retrenched.

Whether the 7% retirees are rich or poor is not relevant as long as they choose to stay in MY and provide support for the ppty prices.

Whether I stay or not in JB, rich or poor is none of your bisnis. U people kaypoh for wat?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The poorest all the more would be willing to shift to JB if it can help them avoid collecting cardboards. In fact I know already of SG folks who shifted there after being retrenched.

Whether the 7% retirees are rich or poor is not relevant as long as they choose to stay in MY and provide support for the ppty prices.

Want to stay in a survey and actually staying there is a big difference. Retrenched usually have a severance package, so obviously must stay there to stretch the dollar as long as they can until can bounce back.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether I stay or not in JB, rich or poor is none of your bisnis. U people kaypoh for wat?

Then you Kaypo about others discussing about JB for what? None of your business also, people want to discuss why you butt in if you have nothing to contribute?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then you Kaypo about others discussing about JB for what? None of your business also, people want to discuss why you butt in if you have nothing to contribute?

I am born in Pontian. Staying in JB is my business. Wat talking you? Are you Malaysian? Or you tumpang only?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am born in Pontian. Staying in JB is my business. Wat talking you? Are you Malaysian? Or you tumpang only?

Big deal, go back and make your wan tan me, whether I am Malaysian or not, or live in Malaysia or just tumpang is none of your business.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big deal, go back and make your wan tan me, whether I am Malaysian or not, or live in Malaysia or just tumpang is none of your business.

I no nid to go back I am already here. This is Malaysia.
You go back where you come from. You have no right or qualified to say bad things about Malaysia. You don't even own 1 iota of property here. Penumpang!!

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
My reasoning is not flawed.

First of all, true peasants cannot fully retire, they have to basically work till they drop unless they have minimum sum. I did qualify that only rich to above average can afford to retire in JB and not work.

If retiree have to also live in one room condition in JB, better to stay in Singapore and do some light work and earn money so that it is enough, no need to discuss further. As living in JB is not all about financial costs but also social costs, and social costs is high to be away from family, unless it is balanced up by being able to live in a whole unit and not just one room, also, JB amenities not like Singapore, in SG the elderly can walk to market and hawkers centre and coffees shops, you have to factor in costs of owning a car, as even taxis are scarce.

I have spoken to many old retirees on their plans to retire in JB as a market survey to assess the viability of buying investment property and found out that many real common old people do not want to retire there even when costs are low.

Who say that those who are not so rich can't retire? That's where johor come in as an option to them. They can either choose to continue working and rent out 2 rooms like you suggested to be able to enjoy a better lifestyle or alternatively they can choose to rent out their Hdb and stay in johor. I think the sgd 800 rental is a bit high as its rm 2400 and bearing in mind I only rent out my 2556 sf horizon hills landed and gated only for rm 2500. There is a lot of lower range but equally safe out there if they can just go with a smaller unit. Let say the rental is about sgd 600 with will leave them with a good sgd 1600 which which I believe will accord them with a pretty decent lifestyle which they do not need to slog themselves out. Please note sgd 1600 is about rm4500 a month and that from experience is what some family earn In Malaysia a month. The concept is similar to usa and panama as its impossible to retire in usa for some people but panama offer an option if they are able to give and take. The same goes for singapore and Jb .

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who say that those who are not so rich can't retire? That's where johor come in as an option to them. They can either choose to continue working and rent out 2 rooms like you suggested to be able to enjoy a better lifestyle or alternatively they can choose to rent out their Hdb and stay in johor. I think the sgd 800 rental is a bit high as its rm 2400 and bearing in mind I only rent out my 2556 sf horizon hills landed and gated only for rm 2500. There is a lot of lower range but equally safe out there if they can just go with a smaller unit. Let say the rental is about sgd 600 with will leave them with a good sgd 1600 which which I believe will accord them with a pretty decent lifestyle which they do not need to slog themselves out. Please note sgd 1600 is about rm4500 a month and that from experience is what some family earn In Malaysia a month. The concept is similar to usa and panama as its impossible to retire in usa for some people but panama offer an option if they are able to give and take. The same goes for singapore and Jb .

Well of course, for the majority not so rich Singaporeans they have to scrimp on the rent, no RM3,500 Puteri_harbour type, definitely under RM1,800 would be ok but not the kind of rental Singaporean buyers here are expecting.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I no nid to go back I am already here. This is Malaysia.
You go back where you come from. You have no right or qualified to say bad things about Malaysia. You don't even own 1 iota of property here. Penumpang!!

Have you ever stopped to think why I don't want to even own an iota of property here ha ha ha ha want to chase me away I also have nothing here.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor beware !

I was in the area and i saw this sparklingly new mall called alexandra central. So i thought why not check it out. To my shock, the place is 75% vacant !! Despite the fact that it was TOP in 2014 !!

So i googled a bit and saw this.
http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/strata-shop-blues

For those investors who paid SGD1M for a micky mouse strata shop of 160 sqft, its really bad to see it still vacant after more than a year of TOP.

So to quote someone "íf it can happen in sg, it is even more likely to happen in JB!" So be extra careful while investing overseas.

I hope this post is constructive, and nobody will get offended:biggrin:

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
wa, cool down la. we cannot discuss meh ?

Investor beware !

I was in the area and i saw this sparklingly new mall called alexandra central. So i thought why not check it out. To my shock, the place is 75% vacant !! Despite the fact that it was TOP in 2014 !!

For those investors who paid SGD1M for a micky mouse strata shop of 160 sqft, its really bad to see it still vacant after more than a year of TOP.

So to quote someone "íf it can happen in sg, it is even more likely to happen in JB!" So be extra careful while investing overseas.

Yep and something two cents from me, first of all malls are on the decline, because of online shopping, retail business can only get worse by the year, best investments are hdb shop house but nowadays nobody sells them, at least not the good ones. Anyway I let you guys in on a little secret and how I avoid shops investment these days although I used to think they were the best investments, in my line of work I rent heavy equipment like cranes and excavators and they rent for anything from $10k to $20k a month and they cost $500k to $1m, damn I said to myself and here are people buying million dollar properties and getting $3k rental a month and so happy.

People, now look elsewhere besides the obvious businesses, many people raking in big bucks outside and property is no more the star these days and yes if such downturns can happen in Singapore..... Well you know the drill.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep and something two cents from me, first of all malls are on the decline, because of online shopping, retail business can only get worse by the year, best investments are hdb shop house but nowadays nobody sells them, at least not the good ones. Anyway I let you guys in on a little secret and how I avoid shops investment these days although I used to think they were the best investments, in my line of work I rent heavy equipment like cranes and excavators and they rent for anything from $10k to $20k a month and they cost $500k to $1m, damn I said to myself and here are people buying million dollar properties and getting $3k rental a month and so happy.

People, now look elsewhere besides the obvious businesses, many people raking in big bucks outside and property is no more the star these days and yes if such downturns can happen in Singapore..... Well you know the drill.

High risk, high return.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor beware !

Retail shops are generally having a hard time now. It is likely to be due to a confluence of factors: mild recession, online malls and oversupply of shops.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
More related links on the woes of retail shops. It is likely for the same thing to appear in Iskandar in next few years. So shoplot and strata shop investors in Iskandar have to be extra cautious. The next glut in line will be the G&G factories.

Department stores and disappearing shoppers
Rachael Boon
PUBLISHED APR 14, 2015, 1:29 AM SGT
http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/department-stores-and-disappearing-shoppers

The Big Read: Trouble ahead for stores as e-shopping bug bites
TAN WEI ZHEN [email protected]
PUBLISHED: SATURDAY, 21 MARCH 2015
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/big-read-trouble-ahead-stores-e-shopping-bug-bites