• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just don't understand what these Malaysian developers are thinking when they invest.
That abandon huge shopping mall / office tower in JB Central, the Pacific Mall was bought over by Mahabuilders Bhd in 2012.
Today, 3 years later, the only development you can see is one huge gigantic banner with the words "MB" hanging out from the tower block.
Why would they spent multi millions on this failed development and then let all their money tied up, do nothing at all except keeping more rats and bird shit.
Or they are hoping to flip it later for a profit?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very serious problem at Taman Setia Indah. The flood happen one week ago actually occurred in many parts of the taman (eg. Setia precinct 2, 6, 7, 8, 10 & 11). Ahli Majlis MPJB have tried to talk to the developer since April 2015 but nothing have been done until the recent flood again. The residents are getting restless and the situation is affecting the value of the property there and surrounding area too. What happened to our beloved SP Setia???

setia 1.jpg
setia road.jpg
setiaflood1.jpg
setiaflood P61.jpg

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very serious problem at Taman Setia Indah. The flood happen one week ago actually occurred in many parts of the taman (eg. Setia precinct 2, 6, 7, 8, 10 & 11). Ahli Majlis MPJB have tried to talk to the developer since April 2015 but nothing have been done until the recent flood again. The residents are getting restless and the situation is affecting the value of the property there and surrounding area too. What happened to our beloved SP Setia???

View attachment 21825
View attachment 21826
View attachment 21827
View attachment 21828

Flooding is a natural disaster.
It can be caused and made worse by various reasons - very heavy rain coupled with high tide, poorly designed and ill-maintained drainage system, drains clogged with rubbish, cleared forest, etc.
Flood control is the responsibility of the town council and the State.
Why did you put the blame on the developer of the estate, can you tell the the valid reason??

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
As mentioned above, Town Councillor have met with SP Setia rep in the month of April 2015 to discuss way to prevent flash flood in the area. FYI, flood occurred last year too but developer have not done much. However, nothing have been done until the recent flood occurred on June. One of the reason for the flood is the rapid development nearby especially the Oasis Setia project. Mismanage of waste in these developments have cause this problem. Therefore, flooding in Setia Indah is not a natural but a man made disaster. We don't see this when Tan Sri is still in Setia.
setiaflood5.jpg
setiaflood3.jpg
setiaflood108.jpg
setia 3.jpg

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
As mentioned above, Town Councillor have met with SP Setia rep in the month of April 2015 to discuss way to prevent flash flood in the area. FYI, flood occurred last year too but developer have not done much. However, nothing have been done until the recent flood occurred on June. One of the reason for the flood is the rapid development nearby especially the Oasis Setia project. Mismanage of waste in these developments have cause this problem. Therefore, flooding in Setia Indah is not a natural but a man made disaster. We don't see this when Tan Sri is still in Setia.
View attachment 21836
View attachment 21837
View attachment 21838
View attachment 21839

I'm surprised that over here, the town council is at the mercy of the developer.
If it was found that the developer is causing the floods, damaging private and public properties, the Town Council has all the rights to suspend all work and even fine the developer heavily and rectify all works that do not comply causing the flood.
But this was not done.
it is still the duty and responsibility of the Town Council to ensure everyone, including the developers, are complying to all the rules and regulations when performing their work.
Is it because of corrupted govt officers not doing their work or the flooding reason was not what you thought it was.
What do you think?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised that over here, the town council is at the mercy of the developer.
If it was found that the developer is causing the floods, damaging private and public properties, the Town Council has all the rights to suspend all work and even fine the developer heavily and rectify all works that do not comply causing the flood.
But this was not done.
it is still the duty and responsibility of the Town Council to ensure everyone, including the developers, are complying to all the rules and regulations when performing their work.
Is it because of corrupted govt officers not doing their work or the flooding reason was not what you thought it was.
What do you think?

Yar.... the town council should have suspend all work from the developer nearby the affected area. Maybe they are using the soft approach first. Don't you think the town council are too soft towards the developer? Isn't that a developer should have been more ethical in completing their projects?

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks bad. Hope that the houses can be compensated by their insurance companies.

It really looks bad. I am really sad for the residents of this affected area. My heart pain when see this type of things happened. This is a chinese populated taman. Developers just make money and when come to crisis like this, all run far far... Lets see how our new SP Setia management deal with this.
setia 5.jpg
setia 4.jpg
setiaflood2.jpg
setiaflood4.jpg

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, finally we can have some healthy discussion in this forum without any disturbance from our troublemakers, vohkster aka huatgugu. Really hope they have learned their lesson and repent. Very peaceful now. Hope it stays this way.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yar.... the town council should have suspend all work from the developer nearby the affected area. Maybe they are using the soft approach first. Don't you think the town council are too soft towards the developer? Isn't that a developer should have been more ethical in completing their projects?

Can one single developer cause so much havoc to ruin the whole neighborhood?
If so, the whole neighborhood of residents affected by the floods will be up in arms against the developer!
At least the residents can also complain to their MP on this for him to take necessary action.
If so, you should should then be a responsible citizen and expose the developer!
You should gather proof and take necessary pictures to support your accusations and report to the authorities.
Don't just do nothing and "feel sad" here.
Otherwise, to many people you are just crying crocodile tears, sprouting rubbish and malign others with mischievous accusations.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sharing what I've learnt after talking to property advisers lately regarding the gloomy outlook of Iskandar properties:

On the map, and during coffeeshop talks, the travel from Singapore to JB sounds so near and convenient. But if you measure the time you leave your SG home to reach your destination in JB, you will realise it's not as convenient as it seems so.

So I don't think this oversupply of properties in Iskandar will go away soon. It is especially a real problem for those who overcommit or buy solely for rental income.

A close friend and property agent even went so far as to advise that I should let go of the property now. It's painful losing the deposit and money paid thus far (S$50+k!!), but they think if it's solely for investment purpose, there will be a lot more pain and crying next time holding on to a property that bleeds the bank account. "There won't be any foreseeable tenants or buyers interested to buy over your property," they advised.

I'm just sharing without holding back what I have learnt over the last month and also how I feel. Feel free to voice your opinions so that others can also learn. Take away what is useful and openly discuss what you think are alternatives if they exist.

I think the game changer would be the RTS, HSR and 3rd link.
The above would eventually happen only if Malaysia & Singapore have mutual gains in improving these transport linkages.

I think it's obvious how opening up linkages would benefit MY.
But would SG benefit ? I believe it will.
It's a given the MFG sector would eventually leave Singapore ...maybe to china, Thailand, Vietnam, or JB.
It's better for Singapore's businesses to have a supporting mfg, logistics core in nearby JB than further away.
With a smooth border for goods and people, SG can attract global companies to setup advanced manufacturing, R&D, or their HQ in Singapore and where the manufacturing/warehousing can be located in cheaper JB.

Many people are pessimistic but...
Give it more time...IT WILL HAPPEN

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can one single developer cause so much havoc to ruin the whole neighborhood?
If so, the whole neighborhood of residents affected by the floods will be up in arms against the developer!
At least the residents can also complain to their MP on this for him to take necessary action.
If so, you should should then be a responsible citizen and expose the developer!
You should gather proof and take necessary pictures to support your accusations and report to the authorities.
Don't just do nothing and "feel sad" here.
Otherwise, to many people you are just crying crocodile tears, sprouting rubbish and malign others with mischievous accusations.

This is a serious matter. Nobody is accusing and maligning others. This is a disaster that had happened right in front of our eyes. Is really unfortunate to see you saying as it is a joke. At least you could do is show some concern to the victims. For your info, the angry residents have already brought this matter to the Tebrau MP YB Khoo. He is looking into the matter now.

angry setia resident.jpg
angry setia resident2 YB.jpg
setiaflood106.jpg

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a serious matter. Nobody is accusing and maligning others. This is a disaster that had happened right in front of our eyes. Is really unfortunate to see you saying as it is a joke. At least you could do is show some concern to the victims. For your info, the angry residents have already brought this matter to the Tebrau MP YB Khoo. He is looking into the matter now.

View attachment 21845
View attachment 21846
View attachment 21847

Can you quote which part of my post treated the flood as a joke?
Flooding is a serious matter, destroying properties, causing inconvenience and upsetting people's daily lives and I had never make fun of it.
Don't ever put words in my mouth!
So, the MP is "looking into the matter" and hopefully he will not take his on sweet time just "looking into the matter".
He should also establish together with the authorities the cause and the culprit asap and take swift actions to prevent further flooding incidents.
To do so is not difficult as even yourself can see that the cause was created by the developer, the MP and the Town Council should not miss it.
So, is the verdict already out that the culprit is the developer??

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you quote which part of my post treated the flood as a joke?
Flooding is a serious matter, destroying properties, causing inconvenience and upsetting people's daily lives and I had never make fun of it.
Don't ever put words in my mouth!
So, the MP is "looking into the matter" and hopefully he will not take his on sweet time just "looking into the matter".
He should also establish together with the authorities the cause and the culprit asap and take swift actions to prevent further flooding incidents.
To do so is not difficult as even yourself can see that the cause was created by the developer, the MP and the Town Council should not miss it.
So, is the verdict already out that the culprit is the developer??

You are putting words in your own mouth. By defending the developer at this moment is an obvious joke! I will definitely update the progress on the development of this crisis from time to time. Those who believe that SP setia new management is as good as Tan Sri Liew, or even better, just wait and see further for yourself. Lastly, lets pray and hope the developer can take the initiative and immediately work closely with the authorities to prevent this to happen again in future. Remember, the developer is sleeping on the issue since last year.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are putting words in your own mouth. By defending the developer at this moment is an obvious joke! I will definitely update the progress on the development of this crisis from time to time. Those who believe that SP setia new management is as good as Tan Sri Liew, or even better, just wait and see further for yourself. Lastly, lets pray and hope the developer can take the initiative and immediately work closely with the authorities to prevent this to happen again in future. Remember, the developer is sleeping on the issue since last year.

Again, you as usual fail to answer the question I asked - QUOTE WHICH PART OF MY POST TREATED THE FLOOD AS A JOKE!!!!!!
If you can't, just shut up!!!
I am not siding or defending the developer for any reason but just being rational.
I don't care about the ownership of the developer and its politics within.
If you can prove and show the evidence that the developer was the culprit that caused the flood, I will definitely agree with you.
Otherwise, you are just slandering unscrupulously for personal gain.

Just take another example of the filthy and polluted Johor Straits.
The Straits is polluted by the Johorean themselves by throwing rubbish, dish water, food waste into the public drains which flow into the Straits.
I can also say that the pollution was allowed to occur day after day because of a total lack of control by the authorities, otherwise you'll have a clean waterway.
So, you want to blame the thousands of unethical Johorean food vendors or the authorities for not doing their job?

Whenever you want to point your finger and accuse anyone, be precise with your reasoning!
All you need to do is show me you proof to convince me, that's all.
Just base on hearsay and guessing and then blindly accuse is not only stupid, it is an unscrupulous and unethical behavior, just like that dumb Cslong!

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Again, you as usual fail to answer the question I asked - QUOTE WHICH PART OF MY POST TREATED THE FLOOD AS A JOKE!!!!!!
If you can't, just shut up!!!
I am not siding or defending the developer for any reason but just being rational.
I don't care about the ownership of the developer and its politics within.
If you can prove and show the evidence that the developer was the culprit that caused the flood, I will definitely agree with you.
Otherwise, you are just slandering unscrupulously for personal gain.

Just take another example of the filthy and polluted Johor Straits.
The Straits is polluted by the Johorean themselves by throwing rubbish, dish water, food waste into the public drains which flow into the Straits.
I can also say that the pollution was allowed to occur day after day because of a total lack of control by the authorities, otherwise you'll have a clean waterway.
So, you want to blame the thousands of unethical Johorean food vendors or the authorities for not doing their job?

Whenever you want to point your finger and accuse anyone, be precise with your reasoning!
All you need to do is show me you proof to convince me, that's all.
Just base on hearsay and guessing and then blindly accuse is not only stupid, it is an unscrupulous and unethical behavior, just like that dumb Cslong!

Your are obviously defending the developer on this matter. I have clearly answered your question. If you cannot accept my answer, i can't help it but you need to answer my questions. Why you think the developer is not at fault at all in this disaster? I am here just to disseminate real facts with pictures as proof. Why not you show me proof that the developer is innocent? Infact, all these info was told to me by the residents there. If you still think SP Setia is still a solid company like what malpaso said, go ahead and nobody is stopping you from thinking that way.

You are so dumb to equate disaster of flood and polluted river. Is totally a two different matters. We are talking about people suffering and you insulting them by supporting the developer. Pls answer my question, you think the developer is not at fault at all?? Remember, Taman Setia Indah was developed by SP Setia. Now Taman Setia Indah is flooded. Can SP Setia wash hand on this matter?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your are obviously defending the developer on this matter. I have clearly answered your question. If you cannot accept my answer, i can't help it but you need to answer my questions. Why you think the developer is not at fault at all in this disaster? I am here just to disseminate real facts with pictures as proof. Why not you show me proof that the developer is innocent? Infact, all these info was told to me by the residents there. If you still think SP Setia is still a solid company like what malpaso said, go ahead and nobody is stopping you from thinking that way.

You are so dumb to equate disaster of flood and polluted river. Is totally a two different matters. We are talking about people suffering and you insulting them by supporting the developer. Pls answer my question, you think the developer is not at fault at all?? Remember, Taman Setia Indah was developed by SP Setia. Now Taman Setia Indah is flooded. Can SP Setia wash hand on this matter?

Obviously, you don't understand much English and definitely not smart either
Which part of my post equate the flood with the polluted river??
Show me!
You are really the public clown here and a 100% stupid one too.
Just like anywhere in the world, developers are only responsible to build the homes, major roads, sewerage and drainage are the responsibility of the country's respective authorities.
But if the developers, any developer or contractors, did not do it right in accordance to regulations, screwed up and damage the surrounding and common property, caused flooding, caused landslide, caused mosquito breeding, etc, the authorities should be the one to take them to task and fine or sue them for large amount of money!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Developer is responsible for building a project only, including all drainage, sewerage or retention ponds. After that and only all compliance is met at Material Time, the CF is issued and the roads & irrigation are all handed over to the local council. The scope of the developer ends here.

Local councils are under the jurisdiction of the State Government which comprise of elected State Assemblymen. Member of Parliment YB Khoo does not get involved directly as he is at Federal level. He still have to go to the respective State Assemblyman and who then would get the State Exco incharge of Irrigation to act.

If drains get clogged after a period of time, it is none of the developer's problem, it afterall had satisfied all conditions then many years ago.

There maybe a neighbouring project by the same developer that is affecting the drainage eg due to erosion or silt, it is up to local authorities to issue stop work order. It cannot be linked to the earlier project even if it is done by the same developer.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Developer is responsible for building a project only, including all drainage, sewerage or retention ponds. After that and only all compliance is met at Material Time, the CF is issued and the roads & irrigation are all handed over to the local council. The scope of the developer ends here.

Local councils are under the jurisdiction of the State Government which comprise of elected State Assemblymen. Member of Parliment YB Khoo does not get involved directly as he is at Federal level. He still have to go to the respective State Assemblyman and who then would get the State Exco incharge of Irrigation to act.

If drains get clogged after a period of time, it is none of the developer's problem, it afterall had satisfied all conditions then many years ago.

There maybe a neighbouring project by the same developer that is affecting the drainage eg due to erosion or silt, it is up to local authorities to issue stop work order. It cannot be linked to the earlier project even if it is done by the same developer.

Yes. Local authorities should issue stop work order to the neighbouring project by same developer but in this case it have not been done. Waiting for the meeting between town council, MP and developer.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously, you don't understand much English and definitely not smart either
Which part of my post equate the flood with the polluted river??
Show me!
You are really the public clown here and a 100% stupid one too.
Just like anywhere in the world, developers are only responsible to build the homes, major roads, sewerage and drainage are the responsibility of the country's respective authorities.
But if the developers, any developer or contractors, did not do it right in accordance to regulations, screwed up and damage the surrounding and common property, caused flooding, caused landslide, caused mosquito breeding, etc, the authorities should be the one to take them to task and fine or sue them for large amount of money!

When you are cornered, you start calling names...... very similar traits as our infamous vohkster. Pls read my earlier thread. Don't make me repeat and repeat this again. This flood is cause by mismanagement of waste at the surrounding projects by the same developer. The Town Council have already met them in April 2015. As for what action the authorities are making subsequently, we have to wait and see. So, is it ethical that SP Setia wash hand on this disaster that struck their own Taman Setia Indah??? Just answer me yes or no.